Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

defacto statements

defacto statements

Old Aug 7th 2002, 6:16 am
plucka

Cool defacto statements

Hi,
I notice that for the de-facto spouse application it states that we must provide written statements from us saying how we met, how we see our future etc. My question is do we both have to write our own statement or do we just write one between us?

Thanks.

Old Aug 7th 2002, 7:07 am
Kieron Shorrock

Default Re: defacto statements

Hi Plucka

You need a stat dec from both of you.

Kieron

<plucka> wrote in message news:37724-
[email protected]
    > Hi, I notice that for the de-facto spouse application it states that we must
    > provide written statements from us saying how we met, how we see our future etc.
    > My question is do we both have to write our own statement or do we just write one
    > between us?
    > Thanks.

Old Aug 7th 2002, 7:21 am
Kieron Shorrock

My last message sounds like you only need to give one stat dec, you need 1 each.

KS

"Kieron Shorrock" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
net.au
    > Hi Plucka
    > You need a stat dec from both of you.
    > Kieron
    > <plucka> wrote in message news:377-
    > [email protected]
    > >
    > > Hi, I notice that for the de-facto spouse application it states that we must
    > > provide written statements from us saying how we met, how we see our future etc.
    > > My question is do we both have to write our own statement or do we just write one
    > > between us?
    > >
    > > Thanks.

Old Aug 7th 2002, 8:29 am
Just Joined

dougp is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by plucka
Hi,
I notice that for the de-facto spouse application it states that we must provide written statements from us saying how we met, how we see our future etc. My question is do we both have to write our own statement or do we just write one between us?

Thanks.
We just did one and both signed it - didn't even do it as a statutory declaration. It did the job!
Old Aug 7th 2002, 11:04 am
plucka

I agree that there seems to be no mention of having to make it a stat dec, just a statement but still confused if we need 1 or 2!

Old Aug 7th 2002, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

dougp is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by plucka
I agree that there seems to be no mention of having to make it a stat dec, just a statement but still confused if we need 1 or 2!
Well, I now have a shiny new visa in my passport, so a single statement worked for us.

We did give it some thought, then decided that since they'd be 95% identical anyway, there was little point in us both writing it. May be a different matter if you're living apart (one in Oz, one in UK).
Old Aug 7th 2002, 2:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

etlniwd is an unknown quantity at this point

plucka,

You require just one letter stating the history and commitment of your relationship. Use 'we' throughout and both sign it.

The stat decs are something different and have to be written by other people and witnessed by an appropriate official.

Cheers
Nick