Reload this Page >

Defacto Spouse Visa - Part 2 requirements

Defacto Spouse Visa - Part 2 requirements

Old May 4th 2006, 3:20 am
'newbie'

maccy is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Defacto Spouse Visa - Part 2 requirements

Hi there,

I have to go through the second part of the Defacto Spouse visa in about a year. I just want to start preparing now. Does anyone know of the criteria DIMIA wish to see for this second and final part for this visa approval? Is it the same as the information I would have provided for the first part/approval of this visa?

Joint statements, bills, letters from friends, Stat Decs, photos, police clearances, medical etc etc?

Thanks
Ian
Old May 4th 2006, 3:23 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Defacto Spouse Visa - Part 2 requirements

Originally Posted by maccy
Hi there,

I have to go through the second part of the Defacto Spouse visa in about a year. I just want to start preparing now. Does anyone know of the criteria DIMIA wish to see for this second and final part for this visa approval? Is it the same as the information I would have provided for the first part/approval of this visa?

Joint statements, bills, letters from friends, Stat Decs, photos, police clearances, medical etc etc?

Thanks
Ian

Ahhh, I was going to post a similar question about this topic. My Hubby is about to have to go through this as his application date is in August.

I would like to know the same questions as above, but also do they contact you? Or do you have to get the 2nd part of it going and when exactly do you send it in? I know you cant apply for 2 yrs, but if you arrived in Australia not long after the application date, you only have a few weeks for them to approve before the Temporary visa is no longer valid?

If anyone else has been through this, what is the timeline on how you did it?

Cheers,

Hels
Old May 4th 2006, 4:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Muzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant future

Hi there,

Thanks
Ian
DIMIA will send out a letter etc outlining the information you need to lodge for part 2

Basically, it is similar to part one , but only information/proof about your relationship since the part 1 application.

ie...that you are now in Oz and are still a couple

No medical is needed and the stat decs differ slightly...they are to be written on a dimia form likewise for any friends and family.
Old May 4th 2006, 4:21 am
'newbie'

Originally Posted by Muzza04
DIMIA will send out a letter etc outlining the information you need to lodge for part 2

Basically, it is similar to part one , but only information/proof about your relationship since the part 1 application.

ie...that you are now in Oz and are still a couple

No medical is needed and the stat decs differ slightly...they are to be written on a dimia form likewise for any friends and family.

Thanks Muzza...do you happen to know at what point / how long after approval for part 1 was received they send out the letter? I'd like to know what info to start keeping / filing away for when we have to put the application together.

Also - I'm moving house...so I guess I just contact Dimia and ask them to update the address on my previous application?
Old May 4th 2006, 4:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Muzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant future

Thanks Muzza...do you happen to know at what point / how long after approval for part 1 was received they send out the letter? I'd like to know what info to start keeping / filing away for when we have to put the application together.

Also - I'm moving house...so I guess I just contact Dimia and ask them to update the address on my previous application?

we got our part 2 letter from DIMIA almost 2 years after lodging part 1

defacto subclass 310 I think was ours.

be warned that they will want all info lodged within a month.
Old May 4th 2006, 4:59 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

We have moved house since arriving and there is a form you print out and send in on the DIMIA website.
Old May 4th 2006, 5:02 am
BE Enthusiast

keep everything. Again to prove that you both stay at the same address and share finances, holidays, days out etc
Old May 4th 2006, 5:13 am
'newbie'

Originally Posted by Muzza04
keep everything. Again to prove that you both stay at the same address and share finances, holidays, days out etc

Thanks Hels...thanks Muzza...

Much appreciated.
Old May 4th 2006, 5:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute

One thing about stage 2 I wish I'd known is how bloody long it takes for them to process it. I applied in early Decemeber last year and am still waiting! I spent the first few weeks running excitedly to the postbox every day haoping my magic letter would be there. I eventually called them and they said it usually takes about 6 months to process!
Old May 4th 2006, 5:39 am
'newbie'

Originally Posted by Un-Co
One thing about stage 2 I wish I'd known is how bloody long it takes for them to process it. I applied in early Decemeber last year and am still waiting! I spent the first few weeks running excitedly to the postbox every day haoping my magic letter would be there. I eventually called them and they said it usually takes about 6 months to process!

Un-Co...what type of visa classification are you placed on during this waiting time? Does your existing part 1 classifaction roll over? i.e Do you still maintain the rights, allowances etc you get with part 1 approval?

Also...did you post your second application off or did you book an interview and present it then?

Ian
Old May 4th 2006, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

finsbury will become famous soon enough

Hi all

My part 2 is due next week so guess what my weekend will entail! It's pretty much the same sort of thing as part 1 except without the medicals but with an Australian police check instead of the UK one. So keep household bills, rental/mortgage agreements in your names, joint bank account statements, letters to both of you at the same address, wedding invites, joint medicare card etc. and some photos (yes, they want to see some photos this time around). You really just have to show that you're still in a genuine and continuing relationship and provide evidence to prove that. We had some time living in separate places (due to work) so we're also sticking in loads of phone bills to show that we were in touch when apart.

One other thing mind - you have to go through a character check (form 80 I think off the top of my head) and you have to supply DIMIA with your addresses for the last ten years and all of your employers.

Do have one question though - Form 255 (? I think) says that you need to get all evidence certified except for the original Australian police check. Is that the case?

Seems a bit unneccesary so just wondering what everyone else did. Many thanks.

F
Old May 4th 2006, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute

Un-Co...what type of visa classification are you placed on during this waiting time? Does your existing part 1 classifaction roll over? i.e Do you still maintain the rights, allowances etc you get with part 1 approval?

Also...did you post your second application off or did you book an interview and present it then?

Ian
Hi Ian,

You don't need to see them. They just ask you to send everything off. In fact they actually say 'don't call us' in their letter.

My status hasn't changed at all in the meantime. Thats actually one of the reason I finally called (DIMIA not my case officer in case he deported me for calling when he told me not to ) just in case I was supposed to do something and was unwittingly illegal. Your temporary residency just lasts until they approve (or decline ) your application.

Good luck!

Jemma
Old May 4th 2006, 6:42 am
'newbie'

Originally Posted by Un-Co
Hi Ian,

You don't need to see them. They just ask you to send everything off. In fact they actually say 'don't call us' in their letter.

My status hasn't changed at all in the meantime. Thats actually one of the reason I finally called (DIMIA not my case officer in case he deported me for calling when he told me not to ) just in case I was supposed to do something and was unwittingly illegal. Your temporary residency just lasts until they approve (or decline ) your application.

Good luck!

Jemma
Great....thanks for the info
Old May 4th 2006, 6:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by finsbury
Hi all

My part 2 is due next week so guess what my weekend will entail! It's pretty much the same sort of thing as part 1 except without the medicals but with an Australian police check instead of the UK one. So keep household bills, rental/mortgage agreements in your names, joint bank account statements, letters to both of you at the same address, wedding invites, joint medicare card etc. and some photos (yes, they want to see some photos this time around). You really just have to show that you're still in a genuine and continuing relationship and provide evidence to prove that. We had some time living in separate places (due to work) so we're also sticking in loads of phone bills to show that we were in touch when apart.

One other thing mind - you have to go through a character check (form 80 I think off the top of my head) and you have to supply DIMIA with your addresses for the last ten years and all of your employers.

Do have one question though - Form 255 (? I think) says that you need to get all evidence certified except for the original Australian police check. Is that the case?

Seems a bit unneccesary so just wondering what everyone else did. Many thanks.

F

go down to the local library and ask for a "commissioner of oath". They come in once a week to certify photocopied evidence etc
Old May 4th 2006, 7:22 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Most people seem to get their requests for info 1-2 months before PR can be granted. Mine was sent in 4 weeks before the date, and was granted 5 weeks after the magic date.
You don't need as much evidence as for Part 1, and probably not a medical - although they do send a list out which has certain countries on it - if you have visited those, you need a fresh medical. Also, if you have returned to your home country they may need a fresh police check. I had been back to the UK and had to get a new check from there. You will need an Aus police check - they can take 1-2 months to come through, so apply in good time!

Your existing part 1 - temp residence visa - covers you until "a decision is made to grant or refuse PR status". Then all you have to do is send or take in your passport to have the visa sticker inserted. For those of us that started on Prospective MArriage visas,a nd so have done this THREE times it means a lot seeing the words "leave to stay indefintely" in the passport at last

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.