Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

DeFacto spouse on Skilled Independent Visa....question...

DeFacto spouse on Skilled Independent Visa....question...

Old Apr 26th 2002, 6:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the rough
Default DeFacto spouse on Skilled Independent Visa....question...

Hi guys and gals....

Very quick couple of questions for you all.....I am applying for the General Skilled Migration category for both myself but am also taking the girlfriend (well I though it only fair :-))....although I am not using any of her stuff towards the points....

Has anyone written some stat decs to prove the relationship? If so how many...by who and any ideas of what to put into them (if anyone is feeling really generous and could send me one that would be great).

Also...If I include Photos etc can I request that they be returned?

Thanks everyone.
Old Apr 26th 2002, 6:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice
Default Re: DeFacto spouse on Skilled Independent Visa....question...

Hi mrflibble(cool name btw!)

We had two stat decs done, one by my dad and one by a long time friend of my husband. We wrote what we wanted to say and the solicitor turned it into a legal document which was then signed by the two people and witnessed by another solicitor. The whole process cost us £10!!

If you want a copy of what we wrote, email me at the private message forum and I'll send it to you.

sophia x
Old Apr 26th 2002, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for that Sophia you are a star!!! Have sent an email.

Thanks yet again..hey maybe I will finally get the application off within the next few weeks (its been hanging around for about 3 weeks since I got my assessment back from the ACS!!).
Old Apr 27th 2002, 12:30 pm
Dean Lendl

Hello Sophia, may I have a copy too? Thx in advance!
D.
PS Can't access private mess. forum... "sophia" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi mrflibble(cool name btw!)
    >
    > We had two stat decs done, one by my dad and one by a long time friend of my
    > husband. We wrote what we wanted to say and the solicitor turned it into a legal
    > document which was then signed by the two people and witnessed by another
    > solicitor. The whole process cost us £10!!
    >
    > If you want a copy of what we wrote, email me at the private message forum and I'll
    > send it to you.
    >
    > sophia x
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Apr 28th 2002, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

Hi Dean

No problems, let me know your email address and I'll send you it.

sophia x
Old Apr 28th 2002, 3:00 pm
Zapper

Dear Sophia Lot of people may be requiring such sample of yours. It can help a lot to
those who are in need. I am also in the queue. BTW, you can simply put the content of
the letter on the forum without mentioning personal details?

"Dean Lendl" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hello Sophia, may I have a copy too? Thx in advance!
    > D.
    > PS Can't access private mess. forum... "sophia" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > message news:[email protected]...
    > > Hi mrflibble(cool name btw!)
    > >
    > > We had two stat decs done, one by my dad and one by a long time friend of my
    > > husband. We wrote what we wanted to say and the solicitor turned it into a legal
    > > document which was then signed by the two people and witnessed by another
    > > solicitor. The whole process cost us £10!!
    > >
    > > If you want a copy of what we wrote, email me at the private message forum and
    > > I'll send it to you.
    > >
    > > sophia x
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > --
    > > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old May 3rd 2002, 1:30 pm
Dean Lendl

My address is [email protected]! Thx. "sophia" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi Dean
    >
    > No problems, let me know your email address and I'll send you it.
    >
    > sophia x
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old May 3rd 2002, 11:07 pm

rmontey is an unknown quantity at this point

If you ever intend to get married then I would suggest that you do so before you apply as it will be a lot less drama and less invasive. Besides there is little difference if you have been living in a defacto relationship for in excess of 12 months.

Regards.
Old Jan 7th 2003, 12:11 pm
Nicholls

Hi Sophia,

could you also send me a copy please.

Thanks you very much,

Nicholls

==============================

Originally posted by sophia
Hi mrflibble(cool name btw!)

We had two stat decs done, one by my dad and one by a long time friend of my husband. We wrote what we wanted to say and the solicitor turned it into a legal document which was then signed by the two people and witnessed by another solicitor. The whole process cost us £10!!

If you want a copy of what we wrote, email me at the private message forum and I'll send it to you.

sophia x

Old Jan 7th 2003, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

loulou74 is an unknown quantity at this point

My boyfriend was half way through the visa process when I decided to join him. Had to send in an incredibly detailed statutory declation and we included at least 30 photos. We never received the photos back, but we made copies before we sent them. From what we could gather, the more information you give the better- how you met, when, where, how you share your life etc. In the end it was so much hassle that we got married anyway. As boyfriend was half-way trough the process it was important that I was added to his visa before it was granted, so it was a pretty quick wedding. We also completed medicals and police checks and as soon as we said 'I do' we had the whole lot sent by registered delivery. We didnt hear anything for a couple of months and got a little concerned but at the end of November we got our visa's. If you want a copy of the Stat dec then dont hesitate to ask.

Originally posted by MrFlibbleUK
Hi guys and gals....

Very quick couple of questions for you all.....I am applying for the General Skilled Migration category for both myself but am also taking the girlfriend (well I though it only fair :-))....although I am not using any of her stuff towards the points....

Has anyone written some stat decs to prove the relationship? If so how many...by who and any ideas of what to put into them (if anyone is feeling really generous and could send me one that would be great).

Also...If I include Photos etc can I request that they be returned?

Thanks everyone.