Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

defacto questions

Wikiposts

defacto questions

Old Jan 26th 2004, 3:05 am
Forum Regular

COSTY is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi thanks yeah i will get a full one...dont want to risk it!!!!!
how long exactly is your epic
Old Jan 26th 2004, 3:13 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by COSTY
Hi thanks yeah i will get a full one...dont want to risk it!!!!!
how long exactly is your epic

The brief ones are about 3 sides of A4 each, the epic one about 9 sides covering all the headings they ask for in detail.
Old Jan 26th 2004, 4:06 am
Forum Regular

Sammy G is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: defacto questions

Originally posted by bondipom
It has to be the full birth certificate with the parents details in it.

Did you send the one without the parents details and they then requested the full one or was it the DIMIA info that prompted you to get the full one.

Oh NOOOOOOOOOO we only sent the one without his parents full details - we did talk about getting a fullone and we decided not to as the one that he had was enough to apply for a passport etc so we decided without consulting anyone it must be OK!! Wish I had checked it out now BUGGER>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Old Jan 26th 2004, 7:31 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Sammy G
Did you send the one without the parents details and they then requested the full one or was it the DIMIA info that prompted you to get the full one.

Oh NOOOOOOOOOO we only sent the one without his parents full details - we did talk about getting a fullone and we decided not to as the one that he had was enough to apply for a passport etc so we decided without consulting anyone it must be OK!! Wish I had checked it out now BUGGER>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Do not worry. Pre-empt DIMIA by getting hold of a certified copy. They ask for more information rather than reject an application. Even then they might overlook the type of birth certificate.
Old Jan 26th 2004, 7:05 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Sammy G

Ditto BP. It does state that it needs to be a full birth cert. Get hold of one now and send it in with a grovelling note - it might even bump your application to the top of a pile.
Old Jan 26th 2004, 8:26 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Proof of address for police checks - its not very clear, but you need something that shows your address, AND something thats shows your date of birth..... I suggest you send the birth cert AND the bank statement.

"Proof of identity: We require proof of identity which shows your full name, current address and date of birth. This can be a passport, medical card, driving licence, bank statement or utility bill. All documents must be original. Photocopies will not be accepted unless stamped and signed by a public notary i.e., a Justice of the Peace or Solicitor. All documents will be returned by post."