Im in the process of applying for my defacto and would like to
pick a few brains as im finding it all mind boggling
1/ police clearance there seems to be two forms does anyone
know the number of the form we need
2/does the statement of the relationship have to be joint or
two separate ones from me and my partner or doesnt it matter
3/ birth certificate ..mine doesnt show my parents names
for some reason does this matter
4/most importantly ...whats seems to be the average waiting time at the moment???any advise greatly appreciated
im hoping to leave for Melbourne mid april with my partner whose
an ozzie not sure if im being a bit too hopeful
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 4:02 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: defacto questions

Originally posted by COSTY
Hello

Im in the process of applying for my defacto and would like to
pick a few brains as im finding it all mind boggling
1/ police clearance there seems to be two forms does anyone
know the number of the form we need
2/does the statement of the relationship have to be joint or
two separate ones from me and my partner or doesnt it matter
3/ birth certificate ..mine doesnt show my parents names
for some reason does this matter
4/most importantly ...whats seems to be the average waiting time at the moment???any advise greatly appreciated
im hoping to leave for Melbourne mid april with my partner whose
an ozzie not sure if im being a bit too hopeful

2/ We did a joint statement and this was fine. You've got to get pretty detailed though.

3/ You may have been a test-tube baby. If so, declare your star sign as 'pyrex'.
Attached Files
File Type: doc
de facto 2.doc (33.5 KB, 115 views)
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 4:19 pm
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by SteveBannister
2/ We did a joint statement and this was fine. You've got to get pretty detailed though.

3/ You may have been a test-tube baby. If so, declare your star sign as 'pyrex'.

Hi

Re the birth certificate if you phone the births, deaths and marriages office where you were born they will issue you with a full birth certificate.
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 6:05 pm
Melbourne, St Kilda

joninoxford will become famous soon enough

1. Go to your local police station and ask to apply for a copy of your police records for migration purposes, they will give you the correct form to fill in (no set form name, varies county to county)
2. Two seperate ones are best, don't read each others before you write your own or you will find yourself repeating bits like my partner and I did.
3. Certified copy of your birth certificate is required, as long as it is a original copy it should not matter.
4. We applied for a De Facto visa December 8th and had it back about January 15th. So, if you get everything in all at the sametime around about 1 month. Remember a Special Delivery pre paid envelope, settlement information form and to include your passport to speed things up.

Hope this helps!
Old Jan 24th 2004, 12:23 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by joninoxford
1. Go to your local police station and ask to apply for a copy of your police records for migration purposes, they will give you the correct form to fill in (no set form name, varies county to county)
2. Two seperate ones are best, don't read each others before you write your own or you will find yourself repeating bits like my partner and I did.
3. Certified copy of your birth certificate is required, as long as it is a original copy it should not matter.
4. We applied for a De Facto visa December 8th and had it back about January 15th. So, if you get everything in all at the sametime around about 1 month. Remember a Special Delivery pre paid envelope, settlement information form and to include your passport to speed things up.

Hope this helps!
It has to be the full birth certificate with the parents details in it.
Old Jan 24th 2004, 3:28 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Beckenham is covered by the Met

http://www.met.police.uk/dataprotection/forms.htm

And you need form 3019B - details from Police National Computer.

Good luck!
Old Jan 24th 2004, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

BostonHouse is an unknown quantity at this point

what is the settlement information form?
Old Jan 24th 2004, 3:05 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Horrible one to find,

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/886.pdf
Old Jan 24th 2004, 3:49 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Oh flip, I didn't send a copy of my full birth certificate. A bit dim I know but as the copy I have was attached to my deed poll cert, I didn't actually realise another type existed. My deed poll does have full details of both parents, does this count? Please don't say I've made another c**k up as I will never live it down.

Sarah
Old Jan 24th 2004, 9:14 pm

Originally posted by teach
Oh flip, I didn't send a copy of my full birth certificate. A bit dim I know but as the copy I have was attached to my deed poll cert, I didn't actually realise another type existed. My deed poll does have full details of both parents, does this count? Please don't say I've made another c**k up as I will never live it down.

Sarah
http://www.statistics.gov.uk/registr...rte_w/fees.asp

I would not worry about it but I would obtain the full certificate and provide it as well. Pre-empt any further enquiry. I would be interested to hear one of the pros opinions on this.

What is the deed poll cert?
Old Jan 24th 2004, 9:21 pm
WBB

Originally posted by bondipom

What is the deed poll cert?
property ownership.

Old Jan 24th 2004, 9:54 pm

Originally posted by welshboybilly
property ownership.
You would never guess I am not part of the landed gentry.
Old Jan 25th 2004, 8:33 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

BP

A deed pol cert is for a name change. When my mum remarried in 1984, we decided that we wanted her new husbands (my dad as I call him) name. To adopt us, there was some legal thingy that said mum had to give up all rights to us then both would have to adopt. I still think that she was misinformed. So the way round it was to have a large piece of paper (4 sides of A4) that has to go everywhere with my birth cert which states that the sperm donor ie my natural father has said I can change my name. So there you have it, that is what a deed poll cert is.

Sarah
Old Jan 26th 2004, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

COSTY is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys for your help....there seems to be so much conflicting
info dont you think. I originally sent my police form 3019b of last month with an original bank statement which is stated on the form as being ok proof of id. I had it sent back as insufficient
28days late!!!!!!!!!!!
so a certified copy of my birth certificate should be ok even though it has no parent names on,,,,,alas I must be from pyrex origins!!!!
Jon your news of getting your defacto visa so quickly was really great ...congratulations!!!!!!
Old Jan 26th 2004, 3:01 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Get a full birth cert - it clearly states on the DIMIA blurb that it must be a full one, so best to do it. Doesn't take much effort.

We've written two separate statements which are brief and cover the basics and one long, epic joint one which covers a lot more.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.