Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Dee Why - Would Like to Meet!!!!

Dee Why - Would Like to Meet!!!!

Old Feb 8th 2005, 1:17 am
Just Joined

squalks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dee Why - Would Like to Meet!!!!

Moved to Dee Why in November '04, have at last settled into this new lifestyle and all is starting to feel normal. We have a great apt near the beach, loving the area, the essential recent car purchase has meant that we are a lot more mobile and have discovered some beautiful places. However, my husband is at work five days, I am learning how to be good at being a full time mum with my one-year old gorgeous boy but I would love to make some friends in the area and so am wondering if there are any ladies in a similar situation who fancy meeting up?....GSOH essential and must like a

Cheers,

Yvonne
Old Feb 8th 2005, 7:16 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice
Default Re: Dee Why - Would Like to Meet!!!!

Sorry to sidetrack slightly, but I am thinking about moving to Dee Why...how long does it take for you to get to Manly (can you walk it?) and the CBD from Dee Why? Is it a really quiet, family orientated area? Or are there some late night bars etc?

Cheers, SS
Old Feb 8th 2005, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

suzysu is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

I also moved over to Sydney in November with my partner. I'm working full time, but if you wanted to meet up of an evening or weekend for afew that would be good for me too!!

There is also a Sydney meet at the end of the month if u can make it then.

Su
Old Feb 8th 2005, 8:11 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
Sorry to sidetrack slightly, but I am thinking about moving to Dee Why...how long does it take for you to get to Manly (can you walk it?) and the CBD from Dee Why? Is it a really quiet, family orientated area? Or are there some late night bars etc?

Cheers, SS
Manly to Dee Why is no easy stroll. About 10-15 minutes in the car if there's no hold ups. You can walk it along the coast, but it's more a day out thing.
DY, as it's known, is overrun with apartment blocks (IMO) and has lost some appeal because of this.

The transport info line gives times of about 40 minutes in rush hour from DY to city. I'd be inclined to double that. www.131500.com.au
Old Feb 8th 2005, 8:52 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by squalks
Moved to Dee Why in November '04, have at last settled into this new lifestyle and all is starting to feel normal. We have a great apt near the beach, loving the area, the essential recent car purchase has meant that we are a lot more mobile and have discovered some beautiful places. However, my husband is at work five days, I am learning how to be good at being a full time mum with my one-year old gorgeous boy but I would love to make some friends in the area and so am wondering if there are any ladies in a similar situation who fancy meeting up?....GSOH essential and must like a

Cheers,

Yvonne
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=277444&page=1
loads of peeps from your area too
Old Feb 8th 2005, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

Chalkfarm will become famous soon enough

Cheers,

Yvonne
We are coming out in 2 weeks,dont know where in sydney yet we will be!,but am sure i could do with a escaping for a meet up,i will have 4 year old in tow! My GSOH is waivering under stress though, or is that boxes.....
Old Feb 8th 2005, 10:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Thanks.

SS
Old Feb 8th 2005, 11:51 pm
Just Joined

squalks is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls

Cheers, SS

Dee Why is 10 mins in the car from Manly, I walk it at least once a week, along the coastal route and it takes about 1 hour..its a gorgeous stroller walk and very popular with joggers and power walkers too, you pass through Curl Curl, Freshwater and Queenscliff, so a choice of fours beaches to cool off at!

There are plenty of very nice, some very smart restaurants in Dee Why opp. the beach, there are not bars as such. It is a lot calmer than Manly, you get much more for you money accommodation/location wise here too. Plus there are not so many travellers staying here, so you get to really know your neighbours ;0) As far as communting in to CBD goes, you have a couple of options, 20 mins on the bus from here to Manly (136, every 20 mins) then the ferry 30 mins. Or there are lots of buses that go direct to the city in about 35mins-1 hour (depending on the time of day) making limited stops.

I would not recommend living in Dee Why if you want to party every night it is definately more a place for young families. I really like Manly, but would not want to live there, it on the tourist map and is has a constant influx of day trippers and holiday makers, making the beach, bars and restaurants very busy. It is a gorgeous, but typical holiday beach resort so, if you are young free and single, or a young couple then its ideal!

Hope this helps, let me know if you need any more info and good luck!

Old Feb 9th 2005, 7:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi squalks,

Thanks for the cracking reply. Its been a great help. I am staying in Manlyfor 7 days in July as part of my Aussie validation trip so I'll have a good look at Dee Why then. But its great to get input from someone who actually lives there.

The walk sounds lovely.

Good luck with your meet.

SS
Old Feb 9th 2005, 1:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Manchester UK to Sydney, then decided Gold Coast, stayed there for 8 months and now back in sydney
threlly is on a distinguished road

Hi squalks,
myself and boyfriend r moving to sydney. we leave manchester on may 1st and plan to travel in oz a bit and hope to get to dee why about end of june, start of july. we r both 32 and looking to meet new people, so will get in touch when we get to dee why. i have no children at the mo but plan to start a family once i get settled in oz. we plan to get an apratment near the beach in dee why or a house depending on cost-will be renting for 6 months while decide what to do.
cheers for now and i will be in touch once in dee why, and yes i love a few

Cheers,

Yvonne

Last edited by threlly; Feb 9th 2005 at 1:28 pm.
Old Feb 9th 2005, 1:46 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by threlly
Hi squalks,
myself and boyfriend r moving to sydney. we leave manchester on may 1st and plan to travel in oz a bit and hope to get to dee why about end of june, start of july. we r both 32 and looking to meet new people, so will get in touch when we get to dee why. i have no children at the mo but plan to start a family once i get settled in oz. we plan to get an apratment near the beach in dee why or a house depending on cost-will be renting for 6 months while decide what to do.
cheers for now and i will be in touch once in dee why, and yes i love a few
Afternoon Threlly

Looks like you will both have some company when you get to Dee Why - don't forget to do your trip to the Central Coast to suss it out.

On another tack - the house! Today we are back on the market! Our prospective buyer did not have the money - after nearly 4 months of wasted time.

Angry? But, of course! As much with the system here as with him.

Regards

Jim
Old Feb 9th 2005, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Manchester UK to Sydney, then decided Gold Coast, stayed there for 8 months and now back in sydney
threlly is on a distinguished road

Hi Jimclevs,
glad to hear your house is back on the market-hope u get a buyer soon. when do u have to validate your visa by?
cheers

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Afternoon Threlly

Looks like you will both have some company when you get to Dee Why - don't forget to do your trip to the Central Coast to suss it out.

On another tack - the house! Today we are back on the market! Our prospective buyer did not have the money - after nearly 4 months of wasted time.

Angry? But, of course! As much with the system here as with him.

Regards

Jim
Old Feb 10th 2005, 8:53 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by threlly
Hi Jimclevs,
glad to hear your house is back on the market-hope u get a buyer soon. when do u have to validate your visa by?
cheers
Hello Threlly

2 August is the critical date!!

Regards

Jim
Old Feb 10th 2005, 9:02 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Hello Threlly

2 August is the critical date!!

Regards

Jim
thats good vibes jim, thats my birthday
let hope we are both having a piss up that night lol
Old Feb 10th 2005, 2:33 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Originally Posted by soapy
thats good vibes jim, thats my birthday
let hope we are both having a piss up that night lol
Soapy

We hope we are out there well before that date - or we will be tearing bits off each other!!

We were hoping to join you all at the Sydney meet after the March one.

Regards

Jim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.