Reload this Page >

Declaring medical conditions/Other questions

Declaring medical conditions/Other questions

Old Feb 12th 2006, 5:41 pm
Just Joined

Signtalker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Declaring medical conditions/Other questions

Hi there Newbie here, seeking your knowledge and wisdom LOL

We are now at the start( And I mean start!) of the long process of realising our dream of emigrating to Australia).

Regarding Visa applications, is there one particular firm better than another, or are they all roughly the same in terms of service and cost??.My main concerns are that we all have medical conditions and im not sure this willl work against us in terms of the visa, does anybody know??.
Our Son has autism dyspraxia ADHD and asthma, whilst my husband has a hearing loss(and receives Disability Living allowance over here in England) although holds down a 40 hr plus week job., im asthmatic to.
My husband does however have an uncle living in OZ, and weve heard that this could work in our favor.

Im sure over the coming months I will have lots more questions, but if anybody could see their way to answering a few that would be great.

Jules
Old Feb 12th 2006, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

peanut21 is just really nicepeanut21 is just really nicepeanut21 is just really nicepeanut21 is just really nicepeanut21 is just really nicepeanut21 is just really nicepeanut21 is just really nicepeanut21 is just really nicepeanut21 is just really nice
Default Re: Declaring medical conditions/Other questions

[QUOTE=Signtalker]Hi there Newbie here, seeking your knowledge and wisdom LOL

We are now at the start( And I mean start!) of the long process of realising our dream of emigrating to Australia).

Regarding Visa applications, is there one particular firm better than another, or are they all roughly the same in terms of service and cost??.My main concerns are that we all have medical conditions and im not sure this willl work against us in terms of the visa, does anybody know??.
Our Son has autism dyspraxia ADHD and asthma, whilst my husband has a hearing loss(and receives Disability Living allowance over here in England) although holds down a 40 hr plus week job., im asthmatic to.
My husband does however have an uncle living in OZ, and weve heard that this could work in our favor.

I would get in touch with Grahame Igglesden at Concept Australia based in Darford sorry dont have number but website is www.conceptaustralia.co.uk or .com cant remember and he will tell you off the bat if you have a chance without mincing his words or giving false hope. He is an eximmigration officer and has a 100% success rate.

Im sure over the coming months I will have lots more questions, but if anybody could see their way to answering a few that would be great.J
Old Feb 12th 2006, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

Princess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nice

Migration agents often tend to screen out applications that may be doubtful in order to maintain "100% success rates". This is even when there is a possibility that the application may be successful. When mine found out about my hearing condition he tried to give my money back! It did get tough but we were successful in the end, largely through our own hard lobbying. My agent was an ex-immigration official too and he didn't really know what to do (not the same one as recommended in the previous post).

I would strongly recommend an immigration lawyer based in Australia (if possible) with experience in health issues. they aren't as picky about their cases and they are more likely to know what to do if and when the going gets tough. Since a lawyer who has experience in health cases is going to be knowlegable you will get a much more realistic idea of your chances.

PL

PL
Old Feb 12th 2006, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

bigmac31 has a brilliant futurebigmac31 has a brilliant futurebigmac31 has a brilliant futurebigmac31 has a brilliant futurebigmac31 has a brilliant futurebigmac31 has a brilliant futurebigmac31 has a brilliant future

Hi there, i can recommend concept australia. They were really good and are based in manchester. Their number is 0161 953 4101. Speak to either martyn or grayham. These 2 men used to be immigration officers and then decided to start up their own business together. You can go for a consultation of £120 for 1 hour and you can ask any questions you like and they will tell you either you've got a good case or there is no point in carrying on. If you do decide to go with them then the £120 comes off their bill. If you don't want to go with them or they won't take the case on then you've just lost the £120. They will advise you on the best route to take and they help you along the way. They are very efficient and i've recommended so many people to them(i should be a sales rep for their company). My husband has mild asthma, my middle daughter is long sighted, i have rheumatoid arthritus, thyroid problem and have cataracts but hey they let me in. Its only if you have aids, cancer, any major illnesses. (don't know about adhd) but ring them up and hopefully it should work out for you. All the best. natalie.
Old Feb 12th 2006, 9:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Princess Leia
Migration agents often tend to screen out applications that may be doubtful in order to maintain "100% success rates".

Agents are not allowed to take on cases that may not be successful, it is one of their codes of conducts. If they do they are liable to be struck off. It has nothing at all to do with their success rate.

However if an agent advises that you may not be able to pass the criteria, then an Immigration Lawyer MAY be able to help by arguing your case.
Old Feb 12th 2006, 9:24 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, there is a thread on the immigration forum about children with special needs, I don't know how to link them to this thread. If you click on the discussion forum and then immigration forum it's on the first page. x
Maybe someone else can help us?
Old Feb 12th 2006, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

Princess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nice

Originally Posted by WendyC
Agents are not allowed to take on cases that may not be successful, it is one of their codes of conducts. If they do they are liable to be struck off. It has nothing at all to do with their success rate..
Wendy,

I understand where you are coming from in light of the discussion on the immigration board but in the code of conduct it prohibits agents from taking on cases that "have no hope of success". I would question as to whether a highly functioning person with hearing impairment would be in that category.

When we were shopping around for agents intially there was at least one other one who felt that we had a decent chance of success ultimately, basically because it was a spouse visa, which carries the option of a health waiver.

The agent we went with missed out on the information that I had a hearing impairment to begin with, otherwise he would not have taken us on.
So I have seen for myself that agents pick and choose their cases, even when there is a reasonable chance of success, which in my situation turned out to be the case.

The fact is that when people are looking for migration agents they do look at success rates. As such a migration agent will be concerned to keep it relatively high to maintain his or her reputation.
PL

Last edited by Princess Leia; Feb 12th 2006 at 10:21 pm.
Old Feb 12th 2006, 9:52 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

First thing I'd suggest is that you re-post the question on the Aus Immigration forum, as more agents and experts respond to there.
Secondly, there is an agent in Sydney called Peter Bollard, and he seems to be the guy recommended most often for medical issues - do a search on the Immigration forum and you should find plenty about him