Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Decisions decisions

Decisions decisions

Old May 21st 2006, 5:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Decisions decisions

Now I've already posted on a few threads regarding our families intention
to migrate to Queensland and have received some invaluable info as a result.

Our situation is that we intend to submit our visa application around spring
next year when the missus has enough post registration experience (she's
a nurse, or a least will be in a couple of months).
On this timescale, we would hope to be in Aus by late 07 or early 08.

Now, just as I'm in the middle of doing my research into Queensland and
planning our holiday there next Jan, I get invited to submit an application
for the South Australia Police.
If successful it would possibly mean ending up in Adelaide this December and certainly a lot sooner than waiting to apply through the Wife's job.

So, I've now got another location to research in order to weigh up the pro's and con's of each place
To put the pressure on even more, If I do decide to put in an application
for the police in SA, I'll have to get all the documentation together and
sent off by the 2nd of June

Any thoughts/ advice would be welcome

Steve
Old May 21st 2006, 5:52 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Decisions decisions

Originally Posted by geordiebloke
Now I've already posted on a few threads regarding our families intention
to migrate to Queensland and have received some invaluable info as a result.

Our situation is that we intend to submit our visa application around spring
next year when the missus has enough post registration experience (she's
a nurse, or a least will be in a couple of months).
On this timescale, we would hope to be in Aus by late 07 or early 08.

Now, just as I'm in the middle of doing my research into Queensland and
planning our holiday there next Jan, I get invited to submit an application
for the South Australia Police.
If successful it would possibly mean ending up in Adelaide this December and certainly a lot sooner than waiting to apply through the Wife's job.

So, I've now got another location to research in order to weigh up the pro's and con's of each place
To put the pressure on even more, If I do decide to put in an application
for the police in SA, I'll have to get all the documentation together and
sent off by the 2nd of June

Any thoughts/ advice would be welcome

Steve

You might as well pursue all avenues - then if one doesn't work out you are not left wishing you had tried everything!!
I think that i am researching most of oz at the mo - but in the long run we will probably end up wherever we can get work rather than anything else!

Good luck whatever you decide.
Adele
Old May 21st 2006, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of
Talking Re: Decisions decisions

It's worth doing the research anyway - who knows, you may prefer Adelaide (Not that I'm biased but that's where we're hoping to end up !!!)

Try looking here for help on the research but careful - it's addictive!!! http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaideb...php?act=SC&c=2

Good luck in whatever you decide.

Adi
Old May 22nd 2006, 4:19 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere
)

Try looking here for help on the research but careful - it's addictive!!!
Unlike British Expats
Old May 22nd 2006, 4:34 am
vb2
bradford 2 brissy at last

vb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud of

Hi we live in queensland, and are probably bias but my two pennies worth for the record is
we have expat friends who originally started in Adelaide but soon moved to queensland, simply because it wasnt as hussle and bussle and the big cities (by all accounts) some people like it some people dont, also the weather has a different climate than queensland (queensland much warmer!!) if that is a contributing factor at all?
For me Adelaide is a lovely place to visit, but queensland is my home, and i guess the guys from Adelaide would say the same but vice versa!! it all depends on personal choice, you wont know for sure until you get here, but at the end of the day, if you go and work for SA police then if nothing else you have your foot in the door in Australia and if you dont like it, you move on (hopefully), if you do, then brilliant!!!!

never regret the things you do
only the things you dont!!!

bear in mind house prices are also cheaper in Adelaide and i have been told general cost of living is also cheaper - but i have not lived there so can only go by what my friends have told me!!

regards
vb2
Old May 22nd 2006, 5:03 am
Sye
Forum Regular

Sye will become famous soon enoughSye will become famous soon enough

bear in mind house prices are also cheaper in Adelaide and i have been told general cost of living is also cheaper - but i have not lived there so can only go by what my friends have told me!!

regards
vb2[/QUOTE]

Yes, the housing is a bit cheaper, but is say thats about it !

I completely agree with the lack of hustle n bustle ( although some people would like that)

We are in Adelaide and are now looking at Brissie due to job prospects, better weather and somewhere with a bit of buzz about it.

If youve been to Queensland and liked it, and the weather.... then throw your views out the window because Adelaide is nothing like it im afraid.

We have a good life here, but the place is just too quiet for us! I dont know how many people are leaving Queensland for other states... but theres loads moving from SA to elsewhere

Everybodys different... Adelaides been a good starting point for us.