Reload this Page >

Decision Time - Anglo Pacific or Excess International

Decision Time - Anglo Pacific or Excess International

Old Apr 22nd 2009, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

Ryem78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Decision Time - Anglo Pacific or Excess International

Hi all,

We need to decide between the 2 shippers above and I'm honestly stumped... Prices are the same, service so far has been similar(ish)... My gut feel is not helping with this decision...

Has anyone had good/bad experiences with either?
We're shipping a shared container from London to Sydney, or if our visa gets rejected the shipment will be heading to South Africa instead

We've got tenants moving in soon so I need to commit to someone to at least get our stuff packed and into storage!

Thanks

PS: I know there are thousands of shipping posts, but I haven't been able to locate anything that's helped me decide!
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 8:50 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Decision Time - Anglo Pacific or Excess International

Originally Posted by Ryem78
Hi all,

We need to decide between the 2 shippers above and I'm honestly stumped... Prices are the same, service so far has been similar(ish)... My gut feel is not helping with this decision...

We're shipping a shared container from London to Sydney, or if our visa gets rejected the shipment will be heading to South Africa instead

We've got tenants moving in soon so I need to commit to someone to at least get our stuff packed and into storage!

Thanks

PS: I know there are thousands of shipping posts, but I haven't been able to locate anything that's helped me decide!
Anglo pacific were great for us.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 10:15 pm
Just Joined

JustNick has a spectacular aura aboutJustNick has a spectacular aura aboutJustNick has a spectacular aura about

Anglo is the UK were fantastic for us, packed up everything with great care. Our issue was with the Australian agent in Brisbane who were very busy and used a contractor who just "dropped and ran" quite literally. All was sorted out and I have to say I would use them again!!!
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 10:15 pm
Just Joined

JustNick has a spectacular aura aboutJustNick has a spectacular aura aboutJustNick has a spectacular aura about

One more thing - we bartered on price - it is always worth a try!
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 12:21 am
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

Excess International were brilliant for us, the whole service from door to door.
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 1:31 am
Forum Regular

hoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sr71
Excess International were brilliant for us, the whole service from door to door.
Another vote for Anglo Pacific; service excellent at both ends.
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 2:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Stu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of light

Anglo Pacific were very good in packing and shipping.

However we did have a couple of items broken that i had to go through the insurance claims dept with.

These guys were less than helpful and refused to cover some items which they were happy to a premium for

But overall i give them 7/10

Stu
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 4:21 am
Forum Regular

stevenick is just really nicestevenick is just really nicestevenick is just really nicestevenick is just really nicestevenick is just really nicestevenick is just really nicestevenick is just really nicestevenick is just really nicestevenick is just really nicestevenick is just really nice

Originally Posted by Stu Ward
Anglo Pacific were very good in packing and shipping.

However we did have a couple of items broken that i had to go through the insurance claims dept with.

These guys were less than helpful and refused to cover some items which they were happy to a premium for

But overall i give them 7/10

Stu
Anglo pacific broke things and refused to cough up. loads of excuses. never use them again if they were half price!!!! told them i would put our treatment on here they said they couldn't care less. if you use them just hope you don't need to claim!!!!!
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 4:23 am
Forum Regular

stevenick is just really nicestevenick is just really nicestevenick is just really nicestevenick is just really nicestevenick is just really nicestevenick is just really nicestevenick is just really nicestevenick is just really nicestevenick is just really nicestevenick is just really nice

Originally Posted by stevenick
Anglo pacific broke things and refused to cough up. loads of excuses. never use them again if they were half price!!!! told them i would put our treatment on here they said they couldn't care less. if you use them just hope you don't need to claim!!!!!
oh yeah!! - 100/10
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 6:53 am
Chelle66

Chelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really nice

Hi all,

Thanks

We used Anglo Pacific. They were excellent. We would definitely use them again. The agent here, in Perth was also good. They unpacked anything that we wanted unpacking and even took the rubbish away with them. Had a couple of broken items (glass door of a record cabinet and a biscuit barrel), but nothing worth fussing over. Overall we would give them 10/10 for both professionalism and service.
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 7:41 am
Just Joined

jaydt is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: Decision Time - Anglo Pacific or Excess International

Wouldnt use Anglo if they were to pay me.Thousands of pounds worth of damage , customer service stops when you reach oz . There Insurance is not worth the paper its printed on , actually we were never given a policy and whe we tried to claim we were told that the damage was not covered as per section blah paragraph blah , could have saved £1000 by not using there Insurance , they were over £900 more expensive than other removal companies we thought the extra cost would mean better service , how wrong we were.
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 7:45 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Neither but that's not helpful is it?
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 12:01 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Well I've used Anglo and Allied Pickfords. Both were very good and nothing to pick in terms of service, delivering as promised, qulaity packing of gear etc.

Bad experiences irrespective of removal company will ultimately come down to the insurers and level of cover.
Any removalist can do their upmost but if the people at the dock/ship let them down (badly stuffing a container or mountainous seas) thngs can get damaged.
The tip I was given was to look VERY critically at the insurers small print and their reputation. I can't recall the details but there were differense with marine insurance etc.

The problems most have reported on here, in the main pertain to por isurance as oppsoed to removalists themselves.
Moving is always a hassle and can be worse wit the magnitude of a move the other side world but it DOES work itself out in the end.
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

Ryem78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks All....Sounds like I just need to jump in and commit! Will definitely make sure the insurance is up to scratch - all the suppliers I've spoken to have been quite wishy washy about the insurance...

Has anyone used Letticon Percival for insurance? From previous posts they sound pretty good.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 1:22 am
Forum Regular

dogscogs is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Hiya,

We used Anglo Pacific, no problems at all. Everything we sent over arrived on time and in one piece.

I'd would happily recommend them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.