decent radio!

Old May 10th 2009, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Melbourne UK to Helensville Nz to Secret Harbour Perth WA
donki is an unknown quantity at this point
Default decent radio!

after living away from the uk for 4 years i still miss decent radio were thinking of moving to aussie is there any there? cos there isnt any in nz
Old May 10th 2009, 9:28 pm
Lets Rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: decent radio!

Originally Posted by donki
after living away from the uk for 4 years i still miss decent radio were thinking of moving to aussie is there any there? cos there isnt any in nz
Nothing decent over here either, i listen online...........
Old May 11th 2009, 1:25 am
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

What are you after? No need to be restrained by country these days - get an Internet radio and you can listen to virtually any station, anywhere.

NZ actually has the 2nd best radio station in the world - Radio Hauraki. The best one is Planet Rock in the UK.

Australian radio is abysmal.

e.g http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/sp.../4707&cl=US,EN
Old May 11th 2009, 2:07 am
Forum Regular

Location: Melbourne UK to Helensville Nz to Secret Harbour Perth WA
donki is an unknown quantity at this point

decent radio to me is good old radio 2 from the uk which i listen to all the time itd just be good to listen to live radio with good converstions about the place you live in with good music new and old stuff with no ADS
Old May 11th 2009, 2:14 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

No decent radio in perth, theres adverts every few minutes for erection cream or premature tablets or some such crap. Best thing to do is put a CD on and listen to radio oonline from the uk when you get home
Old May 12th 2009, 2:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

homewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud of

i quite like triple J in sydney or is it JJJ?
Old May 13th 2009, 12:02 am
Forum Regular

scotty9000 is just really nicescotty9000 is just really nicescotty9000 is just really nicescotty9000 is just really nicescotty9000 is just really nicescotty9000 is just really nicescotty9000 is just really nicescotty9000 is just really nice

PBS Radio in Melbourne is an excellent multi genre music station with a remit NOT to play the stuff that is normally heard on commercial stations.
Gospel/Bluegrass/Funk/Metal/Reggae/etc each show is presented by an enthusiast that is obsessed with their particular genre - not a motor mouth DJ.

For spoken voice you can't beat good old BBC R4 Listen Again - it is superb
Old May 13th 2009, 12:34 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave99
No decent radio in perth, theres adverts every few minutes for erection cream or premature tablets or some such crap. Best thing to do is put a CD on and listen to radio oonline from the uk when you get home
You're not trying hard enough - Perth has RTRFM 92.1 - best station in the world IMO - http://www.rtrfm.com.au/

But you might not think it's good if all you like is "hit" music like Rihanna and Britney Spears, or enjoy prank phone calls or right wing "shock jocks" because they don't have any of that.
Old May 13th 2009, 2:58 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by donki

The radio is worse here in Aus.
I've lived in NZ too.
There is not so much variety and new stuff here I've found. It's mundane.
Get online
Old May 13th 2009, 5:22 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

I put the radio on yesterday not sure which side, might have been nova and they were talking about wether a man should dry his testicles with a hairdryer after taking a shower

Really crude and just plain stupid

How do all you parents deal with this sort of rubbish or all the sex and brazilian wax ads that come up, how do you explain them to the kids :P
Old May 13th 2009, 6:18 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: decent radio!

I put the radio on yesterday not sure which side, might have been nova and they were talking about wether a man should dry his testicles with a hairdryer after taking a shower

Sounds like a morning with Chris Moyles. Except he'd throw in a few misogynistic comments just for kicks.

The only station worth listening to in the UK is Radio 4. Everything else is a waste of time.

Originally Posted by renth
You're not trying hard enough - Perth has RTRFM 92.1 - best station in the world IMO - http://www.rtrfm.com.au/

But you might not think it's good if all you like is "hit" music like Rihanna and Britney Spears, or enjoy prank phone calls or right wing "shock jocks" because they don't have any of that.
+1 for RTRFM! My favourite station in WA. Good to know it's still going.

The commercial stations are all useless; but then, that's the same the world over.
Old May 13th 2009, 6:48 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

How do all you parents deal with this sort of rubbish or all the sex and brazilian wax ads that come up, how do you explain them to the kids :P
We play Sonshine Fm in the car and at home.No adds for men with problems .Plus they vet all the songs so we dont get to hear Britneys latest single.

Last edited by irishbloo; May 13th 2009 at 6:48 am. Reason: spelling