Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Decent British Hairdresser Sunshine Coast...?

Decent British Hairdresser Sunshine Coast...?

Old Jun 9th 2010, 10:42 am
Poms in Limbo

Davelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to behold
Default Decent British Hairdresser Sunshine Coast...?

Any of you expats know (or are one) a GOOD British-trained hairdresser on sunny coast pleeze...!?

Im desperate to find one... & after 3 years here with some terrible aussie haircuts, (they dont seem to be able to get one side of your hair the same as the other either that or do the opposite of what you ask for.... doh...) Ive been to so many salons with dizzy girls who cannot cut hair properly.. Need a decent uk trained hairdreser please...

Looking around northern SC - Noosa to Twin Waters areas if possible.

PS never ever go to Legends in Noosaville, they hack your hair to bits....dreadful

Thanks guys!!
Old Jun 9th 2010, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

Carl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really nice
Default Re: Decent British Hairdresser Sunshine Coast...?

Originally Posted by Davelynd7
Any of you expats know (or are one) a GOOD British-trained hairdresser on sunny coast pleeze...!?

Im desperate to find one... & after 3 years here with some terrible aussie haircuts, (they dont seem to be able to get one side of your hair the same as the other either that or do the opposite of what you ask for.... doh...) Ive been to so many salons with dizzy girls who cannot cut hair properly.. Need a decent uk trained hairdreser please...

Looking around northern SC - Noosa to Twin Waters areas if possible.

PS never ever go to Legends in Noosaville, they hack your hair to bits....dreadful

Thanks guys!!
Hello I am a hairdrersser and i know what you mean about the aussie hair dressing i have had my eyes opened.
I am british trained and i trained in a college in the uk too i am working in a salon but i am at redcliffe that might be a bit far
Carl
Old Jun 10th 2010, 12:11 am
ABCDiamond

Thanks guys!!
Legends Bar & Grill. Casual bistro dining, Gympie Terrace, Noosaville

Sorry, just couldn't resist that.....

There is a Legends hair place as well

Old Jun 13th 2010, 5:21 am
Just Joined

171967 is an unknown quantity at this point

HI
I AM MOVING TO REDCLIFFE IN THE NEXT 2 WEEKS. CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT THE NAME OF THE HAIRDRESSERS IS. THANKS
Old Jun 14th 2010, 4:10 am
Poms in Limbo

Davelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to behold

I should have added that Im looking for a good UKexpat LADIES hairdresser here on the Sunny Coast, (my OH is the Dave, Im the Lynd..!) Thanks
Old Jun 14th 2010, 6:25 am
BE Enthusiast

The Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud of

My partner Sara, but she works in Sippy Downs.
Old Jun 14th 2010, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

Carl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really nice

Originally Posted by 171967
HI
I AM MOVING TO REDCLIFFE IN THE NEXT 2 WEEKS. CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT THE NAME OF THE HAIRDRESSERS IS. THANKS
Hello When do you arrive in recliffe? and where from?
I work at Luppino's at Penisula fair Kippa ring aprox 5 mins from redcliffe centre.
If you need any assisstance please message me
Carl
ps welcome
Old Jun 14th 2010, 11:15 pm
Just Joined

171967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Carl
I will be arriving from Hong Kong (originally from Jersey, Channel Islands)
We came over last July for a month and I did visit a hairdresser in Redcliffe, but very disappointed and thought it was expensive. How do you find the price for a cut and blow dry compared to UK?
We are all very excited, boxes packed and living on take away until the big move!
Old Jun 14th 2010, 11:39 pm
Poms in Limbo

hey guys, great but can you not hijack my thread pleeze.. (do PMs if you wanna get to know each other LOL)!

back to the original question then.... any good UK ladies hairdressers on north end of Sunny coast (Maroochy to Noosa) please....
Old Jun 15th 2010, 4:54 am
Forum Regular

poppy14 is an unknown quantity at this point

iv been here 7 yrs & still really not found a decent one , i go to NUT in brisbane[paddington] as my 2 friends hav their own salon & r brits to me its worth the trip plus i then wonder round the lovely little shops & hav lunch in the paddo pub , iv already had to book for september as gets so busy ,
good luck
Old Jun 15th 2010, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

Sea Of Love is a name known to allSea Of Love is a name known to allSea Of Love is a name known to allSea Of Love is a name known to allSea Of Love is a name known to allSea Of Love is a name known to allSea Of Love is a name known to allSea Of Love is a name known to allSea Of Love is a name known to allSea Of Love is a name known to allSea Of Love is a name known to all

Lol this is the opposite for me. I once got a haircut from a top salon in Knightsbridge and they hacked my hair like nothing else. There wasn't a clean line on my whole head

However, in Australia you really have to be prepared to pay for a good hairdresser otherwise you are just going to get it done from some random girl with horrible hair that only became a hairdresser because she didn't want to finish school!

Some hairdressers that are good in on the Sunshine coast are; Em La Gem and McQueens according to the girls on the vogue forum (and those girls know about hair!)
Old Jun 15th 2010, 11:09 am
Poms in Limbo

thanks Poppy & SeaLove... great constructive comments!
I have paid 40 bucks and 120 bucks and still got my hair hacked up here LOL..! Will checkout the forum you mention - thanks again
cheers Lynd
Old Jun 15th 2010, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

lizasi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there

I know how you feel, I've spend loads on getting my hair done and not look any better!!! Got to say I did have one really good Ozzie hairdresser but she moved on. Have now found a really good UK one....lol Well we are now friends, so don't have any BAD haircuts these days.

If you fancy the drive she works in Northlakes, I know its a bit of a drive from where you are but if you want pm me and I'll get her number for you...

Good luck....Liza
Old Jun 17th 2010, 1:04 am
The Mango King

Antney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to all

hey guys, great but can you not hijack my thread pleeze.. (do PMs if you wanna get to know each other LOL)!

back to the original question then.... any good UK ladies hairdressers on north end of Sunny coast (Maroochy to Noosa) please....
Sorry, can't help on a SC hair salon, but if you're ever in Brissie for a few days, I can recommend Rixon Hair in the CBD. My wife swears by them and I must say the cuts and colour are always very good.
Old Jun 17th 2010, 2:39 am
Forum Regular

Stefjt will become famous soon enoughStefjt will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by The Flintstones
My partner Sara, but she works in Sippy Downs.
I too am looking for a decent hairdresser! was a hairdresser myself for a few years in the uk but gave it up about 10 years ago.

The Flintstones - What is the name of the salon in sippy downs your partner works in pls?

thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.