debts or not

Old Mar 16th 2010, 11:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: debts or not

Originally Posted by Deancm
If it was over 6 years then they were acting illegally.
If you say so. And if your legal advice is correct that is all very nice in theory but all I do know is that they froze my bank account and there was diddly squat I could do about it. Me having a hissy fit in the bank and saying 'but you cant do that, it was more than 6 years ago' would have achieved nothing but made me look stupid and as if i were trying to evade paying my dues.
Old Mar 16th 2010, 11:40 pm
beetroot67

jeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nice

If it was over 6 years then they were acting illegally.
exactly what i thought
Old Mar 16th 2010, 11:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeanettetlw
exactly what i thought
Maybe so, but they still managed to do it jeanette. So the end result was the same. Do you think i should have sued them or something then?
In the end I owed them the money so getting on my high horse and refusing to pay it on principle because it was more than 6 years ago would be pretty pointless and just make me look like a bludger anyway.

If you are planning on staying away for 6 years, even if you dont like it here, just to avoid paying a council tax bill then that is obviouly your choice. We would have to agree to disagree on whether it is worth it on that one.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 12:00 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scotdownunder
In the end I owed them the money so getting on my high horse and refusing to pay it on principle because it was more than 6 years ago would be pretty pointless and just make me look like a bludger anyway.
If more people were prepared to stand up to things out of principle then the country wouldn't be in the state it is in today.

As for looking like a bludger. Who cares what other people will think about you? How are their thoughts going to affect your life?
Old Mar 17th 2010, 6:21 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Such a predictable thread

Last edited by paulry; Mar 17th 2010 at 6:24 am.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

samjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nice

If more people were prepared to stand up to things out of principle then the country wouldn't be in the state it is in today.

As for looking like a bludger. Who cares what other people will think about you? How are their thoughts going to affect your life?
I would rather have a country filled with scotsdownunder, than people like you , who seemed to think it''s OK to shun one's responsibilities. That is why the country is in the state its in today, going back to earlier quote 'TAKE PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY'.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

itxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jd6969uk
My eyes have been opened and I have all of you who contributed to this thread to thank!

I had always figured I would make the move to OZ and pay off all of my debts. Now I realize that this is just crazy talk. I'm going to leave all of my debts behind and sail off into the sunset without a care in the world. I will not worry about any phone calls over in OZ or any knocks on the door and I will sleep very peacefully each night safe in the knowledge that all of the suckers left back in blighty will be dealing with these debts for me!

I feel like a new man - a young buck - Thanks guys (and ladies) - I owe you all big time
Old Mar 17th 2010, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

itxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by samjones1999
Blood pressure fine,thanks for caring.
Enjoy yourself on the beaches, but when a love one dies or a big family gathering happens and you can't return because of your debts, it may not be quite so funny.Save the whip round and concentrate on paying off YOUR DEBTS!!!
And here we have another load of baloney. You can return whenever you want as long as the debt is not to the govt - tax bills etc. You cannot get credit here for 6 years but its not a civil matter so no one other than the bank cares. Oh, apart from some of the people on here. ;-)
Old Mar 17th 2010, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

It's easy to get women to shut up. You just need to put something in their mouth...
Ha ha ha
Old Mar 17th 2010, 9:12 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

I would rather have a country filled with scotsdownunder, than people like you , who seemed to think it''s OK to shun one's responsibilities. That is why the country is in the state its in today, going back to earlier quote 'TAKE PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY'.
Where did I say it's OK to shun responsibility? I am merely talking about the legalities from the perspective of an ex-copper, rather than getting all emotional about it. You on the other hand are talking a load of overly emotive, guilt ridden crap.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

samjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nice

Originally Posted by itxrd
And here we have another load of baloney. You can return whenever you want as long as the debt is not to the govt - tax bills etc. You cannot get credit here for 6 years but its not a civil matter so no one other than the bank cares. Oh, apart from some of the people on here. ;-)
If you had bothered reading thread, you would realise jeanette is trying to evade paying council tax. If you want to pipe up at least get the facts straight. Fact its not that jeanette can't afford to pay, they just dont want to. The two things that are unavoidable in this life- DEATH AND TAXES.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 9:16 am
beetroot67

jeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nice

you need to calm down a bit,youre gonna drop dead
Old Mar 17th 2010, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
That washing is piling up.....
Jesus!!!nah I'm on holiday this week,the OH can do it when he returns from work!
Old Mar 17th 2010, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

Where did I say it's OK to shun responsibility? I am merely talking about the legalities from the perspective of an ex-copper, rather than getting all emotional about it. You on the other hand are talking a load of overly emotive, guilt ridden crap.
Oh my god, with people like you enforcing the law, what hope is there for the country. The only hope is you saying EX, I wonder why was that, did you find it too hard staying within the law????As an EX-copper you of all people should know you dont mess with the government. Oh sorry is that a dirty word to you, not sure how you manage to get round, with that big chip on your shoulder.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jd6969uk
now now can't we all just get along - you should come to the yoga as well
Now we'll start with some deep breathing..........breath in slowly through your nose counting to 7,hold,then on the outbreath through the mouth count to 11,repeat several times!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.