debts or not

Old Mar 16th 2010, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

jd6969uk has a brilliant futurejd6969uk has a brilliant futurejd6969uk has a brilliant futurejd6969uk has a brilliant futurejd6969uk has a brilliant futurejd6969uk has a brilliant futurejd6969uk has a brilliant future
Default Re: debts or not

Originally Posted by Deancm
What's a FUGATIVE?
I think you can take medication for that but I heard it does leave a nasty mark!
Old Mar 16th 2010, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

jd6969uk has a brilliant futurejd6969uk has a brilliant futurejd6969uk has a brilliant futurejd6969uk has a brilliant futurejd6969uk has a brilliant futurejd6969uk has a brilliant futurejd6969uk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Lord_Farquar
That's very short sighted. The government bailed it out because letting it 'go under' would have had much worse impacts with regard to job loss and damage to the economy.

Would you have let it 'go under' and make 140,000 people jobless?
We could have saw what happened for a laugh - where`s your sense of adventure

Anyway Crash Gordon saved us!!
Old Mar 16th 2010, 10:03 pm
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by livinginreality
Afterall they do try an encourage good law abiding citizens don't they?Says alot about your characters I think....hhmmm interesting!
You see, that's where you are missing the point. Not paying debts is fully within the law and completely legal. So, you can skip debts AND be a law abiding citizen.

As for the moral judgement... Well that's just an opinion and doesn't make it right or wrong. In fact, what is right and wrong and who says what right and wrong is? Hmmm...
Old Mar 16th 2010, 10:06 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by samjones1999
Question.....when a new born baby dies because the neo natal unit is short of funds because people have not paid their tax bill , when an old lady is burnt because the fire brigade have not the resources to respond in time due to people not paying their council tax , when a pensioner and later his dog dies due to hypothermia because he cant afford to pay the bill due to the increased costs of the utility company due to none payment am I right to think that , as a person who pays my bills on time , I do not have blood on my hands?
Now you're talking sentimental crap. As for the council tax point. Well maybe the council should stop spending the money on CCTV cameras and stop spying on people.
Old Mar 16th 2010, 10:12 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by kporte
Fair enough. I've yet to meet a woman I can shut up anyway!!
It's easy to get women to shut up. You just need to put something in their mouth...
Old Mar 16th 2010, 10:15 pm
beetroot67

jeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nice

Originally Posted by jd6969uk
We could have saw what happened for a laugh - where`s your sense of adventure

Anyway Crash Gordon saved us!!
well they get enough in bonusus to keep them going for a while
Old Mar 16th 2010, 10:18 pm
Jenny

Location: Bradford, but moving to Busselton WA in Sept 2010 (yay!!!!)
morrisj3 has a brilliant futuremorrisj3 has a brilliant futuremorrisj3 has a brilliant futuremorrisj3 has a brilliant futuremorrisj3 has a brilliant futuremorrisj3 has a brilliant future

It's easy to get women to shut up. You just need to put something in their mouth...
Like chocolates or fine wines or..........oh, surely you don't mean.......
beetroot67

jeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nice

Now you're talking sentimental crap. As for the council tax point. Well maybe the council should stop spending the money on CCTV cameras and stop spying on people.
thats about right
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jeanettetlw
well they get enough in bonusus to keep them going for a while
That`s true - I forgot about that
Old Mar 16th 2010, 10:19 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Lord_Farquar
Would you have let it 'go under' and make 140,000 people jobless?
Yes, I would have actually. Not an easy decision to make but it would have been better for the UK in the long run. Now, future generations will be taxed to death paying off govt debts.

People will always survive and find new jobs.
Old Mar 16th 2010, 10:26 pm
beetroot67

Yes, I would have actually. Not an easy decision to make but it would have been better for the UK in the long run. Now, future generations will be taxed to death paying off govt debts.

People will always survive and find new jobs.
anyone else going bust for stupid amounts like the banks would have been told to shut up shop pure and simple
Old Mar 16th 2010, 11:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute

right now i have no debts,if i sell up i still have council tax to pay until i emigrate now do you get it
So does that mean you feel as if you should be exempt from paying council tax, even though you have the means, because you have decided to emigrate? Even if you would still be using the council services until you got on that plane?

By the way they can hunt you down when you least expect it -
when I was a student I moved around quite a bit within rented acommodation, but eventually decided to move home to save up for a flat. I went into the local council offices to close my account and make sure I had cleared my council tax debts, which they said I had.

One day - and it was more than 6 years later for those of you quoting this 6 year rule - I tried to withdraw money from my bank account only to be told my account had been frozen.
Further investigation showed that the council had made a mistake and I actually owed them £140 after all.
They made a HUGE deal of it and I actually had to borrow money from a friend to pay them the money to get the account unfrozen. They wouldn't even let me take any money out of the account until the debt was paid, even though there was ample money in there to cover it. I was totally mortified even though it was not my fault.
Old Mar 16th 2010, 11:16 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

right now i have no debts,if i sell up i still have council tax to pay until i emigrate now do you get it
No, I don't. Unless between now and when you leave you won't be using any public services at all and that I find hard to comprehend.
Old Mar 16th 2010, 11:17 pm
Account Closed

anyone else going bust for stupid amounts like the banks would have been told to shut up shop pure and simple
And it would have been the banks calling the debt in.
Old Mar 16th 2010, 11:20 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by scotdownunder
One day - and it was more than 6 years later for those of you quoting this 6 year rule - I tried to withdraw money from my bank account only to be told my account had been frozen.
If it was over 6 years then they were acting illegally.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.