debts or not

Old Mar 16th 2010, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

samjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nice
Default Re: debts or not

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
If the council cannot collect a portion of the required amounts in order to provide services what do you think they will do? I am not convinced that this will not effect me one way or another. I think either I will need to pay more the next year or services will be cut.

Likewise I am sure I would be impacted by other people defaulting on bank debts because this would reduce bank profits which would reduce tax receipts to the government. Then the government has to find new ways of collecting tax or cutting services to save money. The government does not grow money on trees every year, it really has to come from somewhere.

Also you should remember who owns the banks (excluding the recent partially privatised ones). They are not owned by the nasty bankers that work there, they have shareholders. And a significant percentage of those shares will be held by ordinary folks in their pension funds and ISA investments and another significant amount will be owned by other institutions both public and private which may very well be affecting ordinary folk in some other way.
SPOT ON!!!!!
Old Mar 16th 2010, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

AlanEll is a jewel in the roughAlanEll is a jewel in the roughAlanEll is a jewel in the roughAlanEll is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Jeanette, you will get some very mopinionated answers to your question, so be prepared. What you need to think abut is - if you borrowed the money, why do you think you should be exempt from paying it back?
Many of us could not pay off debts before leaving the UK, for one reason or another, so we carried on paying once we got to Australia. Personally speaking, it was a matter of conscience for me.
Great you have answered something that we have been thinking about. Whether or not we could continue to pay off our credit cards once we get to Oz rather than pay them all beforehand. Leave us with some extra cashflow. Wouldn't dream of not paying them BTW,

Mrs Ell
Old Mar 16th 2010, 3:12 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AlanEll
Great you have answered something that we have been thinking about. Whether or not we could continue to pay off our credit cards once we get to Oz rather than pay them all beforehand. Leave us with some extra cashflow. Wouldn't dream of not paying them BTW,

Mrs Ell
Yes, you can certainly keep paying them off from here. The route i used was to transfer money every month or so from my Aus bank account via www.tranzfers.com into my UK account, then pay everything from there by internet banking. I still use that route to make payments on a UK credit card, which is a useful thing to have when visiting the UK
Old Mar 16th 2010, 5:29 pm
beetroot67

jeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nice

royal bank of scotland 80 per cent owned by the goverment or the taxpayer whichever you prefer
Old Mar 16th 2010, 6:18 pm
Jenny

Location: Bradford, but moving to Busselton WA in Sept 2010 (yay!!!!)
morrisj3 has a brilliant futuremorrisj3 has a brilliant futuremorrisj3 has a brilliant futuremorrisj3 has a brilliant futuremorrisj3 has a brilliant futuremorrisj3 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by paulandcelia
I have just sold my house and paid off all my debts, NO morgage, No credit cards, No Loans.

Best feeling in the world.....

Couldn't agree more And IMO, having a clear conscience is much more valuable than any wealth gained by not paying what you owe..
Old Mar 16th 2010, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

jd6969uk has a brilliant futurejd6969uk has a brilliant futurejd6969uk has a brilliant futurejd6969uk has a brilliant futurejd6969uk has a brilliant futurejd6969uk has a brilliant futurejd6969uk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by samjones1999
SPOT ON!!!!!
You do like your caps don't you.
Old Mar 16th 2010, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

samjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nicesamjones1999 is just really nice

Originally Posted by jd6969uk
You do like your caps don't you.
certainly DO!!!! Do they offend you sir?
Old Mar 16th 2010, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

jd6969uk has a brilliant futurejd6969uk has a brilliant futurejd6969uk has a brilliant futurejd6969uk has a brilliant futurejd6969uk has a brilliant futurejd6969uk has a brilliant futurejd6969uk has a brilliant future

Jeanettetlw, it is you who needs to look back on the thread and take on board the comments from livinginreality,steve o,77hil, pollyana, comet555, caliburn, jad n rich, canadaeh, dead vim, moneypenny for a reality check. I would be interested to hear what jd6969 would say now, after finding you can afford to pay. It was people defaulting on bad loans that started the banking crisis. Its easier to blame the faceless bank rather than take on personal responsibility.
What Caused the Financial Crisis, Delusion or Crime?

Interesting article
Old Mar 16th 2010, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

certainly DO!!!! Do they offend you sir?
No not at all - just an observation and I even learned to read in both upper case and lower case in school.

You seem to be very hostile toward anyone who doesn't share you point of view - but again this is just an innocent observation as I read through the all of the posts.

Last edited by jd6969uk; Mar 16th 2010 at 6:39 pm.
Old Mar 16th 2010, 6:41 pm
beetroot67

jeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nicejeanettetlw is just really nice

very intresting
Old Mar 16th 2010, 6:42 pm
beetroot67

here here
Old Mar 16th 2010, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

My eyes have been opened and I have all of you who contributed to this thread to thank!

I had always figured I would make the move to OZ and pay off all of my debts. Now I realize that this is just crazy talk. I'm going to leave all of my debts behind and sail off into the sunset without a care in the world. I will not worry about any phone calls over in OZ or any knocks on the door and I will sleep very peacefully each night safe in the knowledge that all of the suckers left back in blighty will be dealing with these debts for me!

I feel like a new man - a young buck - Thanks guys (and ladies) - I owe you all big time
Old Mar 16th 2010, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

AlanEll is a jewel in the roughAlanEll is a jewel in the roughAlanEll is a jewel in the roughAlanEll is a jewel in the rough

My eyes have been opened and I have all of you who contributed to this thread to thank!

I had always figured I would make the move to OZ and pay off all of my debts. Now I realize that this is just crazy talk. I'm going to leave all of my debts behind and sail off into the sunset without a care in the world. I will not worry about any phone calls over in OZ or any knocks on the door and I will sleep very peacefully each night safe in the knowledge that all of the suckers left back in blighty will be dealing with these debts for me!

I feel like a new man - a young buck - Thanks guys (and ladies) - I owe you all big time

Old Mar 16th 2010, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

Don't worry about us suckers, we will just be glad to be rid of another debt ridden FUGATIVE!! Bon Voyage, sleep well!!!!!!
Old Mar 16th 2010, 7:05 pm
beetroot67

you really need to grow up,at this moment i own nobody

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.