Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Debt!! Clearing once in Australia

Debt!! Clearing once in Australia

Old May 29th 2003, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

seany34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Debt!! Clearing once in Australia

I noticed a posting about Debt. I have a loan of £10,000 pounds which i wouldn't be able to clear fully before i emigrated.
I'm obviously going to repay my debt unlike the other posting but wondered if anyone knew if this is acceptable or can my creditors demand full payment before i go? Can i still pay it once i'm earining in another country?

Any suggestions welcome.

Hope everyone's applications are going well
Old May 29th 2003, 6:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

As long as they are getting paid it shouldnt matter where you are, if its going to be a problem. Keep a UK account and pay money to coVer the loan coming out, they will be none the wiser.
Old May 29th 2003, 6:33 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Chris I can see your time is getting close, Hows the nerves going?
are you coping ?
Old May 29th 2003, 11:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chris I can see your time is getting close, Hows the nerves going?
Strating to get a bit twitchy now, the doubts have set in, the usual type of stuff, are we mad, are we doing the right thing. etc. etc. Donna is pretty much focused, but shes still working so can irritate people with the amount of days to go.

I have been sat by the pond talking to frogs, so guess thats a bad sign. !! think its to do with the realisation that theres is loads to do and not much time left to do it.

Today nice day, choice was sort out garage and garden or go to pub for a quick pint of cider.

Result DOH

Got home.

Donna got home.

Last edited by karawara88; May 30th 2003 at 12:03 am.
Old May 30th 2003, 12:17 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Debt!! Clearing once in Australia

Originally posted by seany34
I noticed a posting about Debt. I have a loan of £10,000 pounds which i wouldn't be able to clear fully before i emigrated.
I'm obviously going to repay my debt unlike the other posting but wondered if anyone knew if this is acceptable or can my creditors demand full payment before i go? Can i still pay it once i'm earining in another country?

Any suggestions welcome.

Hope everyone's applications are going well
I will get shot for this but bugger your debt its a small amount , its not worth chasing you for under 50k.

Old May 30th 2003, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

garywarby is an unknown quantity at this point

PB- I assume that the suggestion is only for PR holders we are on a measly 457, probably apply for some sort of PR when there. We owe about 8k to the bank Grad loans and such, should we stuff it, and indeed the bank!

Gary
Old May 30th 2003, 5:28 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by garywarby
PB- I assume that the suggestion is only for PR holders we are on a measly 457, probably apply for some sort of PR when there. We owe about 8k to the bank Grad loans and such, should we stuff it, and indeed the bank!

Gary
You choices in life are yours , I would not worry about such a small sum , Alan Bond owned a good Billion Dollars , hes still a rich man.
You should open a second account with a different bank so you can return with no problems opening another account.

Old May 30th 2003, 12:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

I will get shot for this but bugger your debt its a small amount , its not worth chasing you for under 50k.
Some will chase you for less than 5k. !!
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 12:17 am
Banned

Originally posted by karawara88
Some will chase you for less than 5k. !!

But will they get it ?

Old Jun 3rd 2003, 12:46 am
BE Forum Addict

But will they get it ?
Good point. The down side of buggering off without paying debts is if you come back. The fees etc. may have turned a small debt into an galactic amount.

Just know if I took the chance I would get shafted.
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 12:50 am
Banned

Good point. The down side of buggering off without paying debts is if you come back. The fees etc. may have turned a small debt into an galactic amount.

Just know if I took the chance I would get shafted.

An ex-Jock in Perth got away with nearly half a million from the RBS (Royal bank of Scotland) , took them years to get him to court and that was fraud not a loan.

Old Jun 3rd 2003, 1:00 am
BE Forum Addict

An ex-Jock in Perth got away with nearly half a million from the RBS (Royal bank of Scotland) , took them years to get him to court and that was fraud not a loan.
If you are going to do it, always do it big.
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 1:02 am
Banned

If you are going to do it, always do it big.

Not a patch on Mr Alan Bond . now theres a guy who could empty the bank.

Old Jun 3rd 2003, 1:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Mr Alan Bond . now theres a guy who could empty the bank
Saddam Hussein, now theres a guy who did empty the bank.
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 1:39 am
Banned

Saddam Hussein, now theres a guy who did empty the bank.

But he had an army to help ? Bondie just had bent mates.