Debt

Old Nov 13th 2006, 2:04 am
Just Joined

the wizard is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Debt

Originally Posted by Fiona&malc
Its over a year old!!

Why do people resurrect ancient threads
Thought that was the idea of the search, so that duplicate posts were not done, but if you want to Fiona, we can start a whole new debt thread and go over all the previous postings again. If you could of been rsd to read through all the postings on the old thread like i did, you will notice no one commented on mobile phone contracts, thats why i added to it so as not to get people repeating all the loan stuff again. so here we go... again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok, so what about mobile phone contracts?

I have a mobile phone contract with 12months left on it, what if i was to close the account that the monthly bill comes out of and just leave (with the mobile minus the sim card) and not pay to end the contract?

the wizard

the wonderful wizard of......
Old Nov 13th 2006, 2:15 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Debt

Originally Posted by the wizard
Thought that was the idea of the search, so that duplicate posts were not done, but if you want to Fiona, we can start a whole new debt thread and go over all the previous postings again. If you could of been rsd to read through all the postings on the old thread like i did, you will notice no one commented on mobile phone contracts, thats why i added to it so as not to get people repeating all the loan stuff again. so here we go... again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a mobile phone contract with 12months left on it, what if i was to close the account that the monthly bill comes out of and just leave (with the mobile minus the sim card) and not pay to end the contract?

the wizard

the wonderful wizard of......
How much can it be? Just pay it off and come with a clear conscience.
Old Nov 13th 2006, 2:41 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

The other thread was closed for this reason - to quote my fellow Mod, Gedge
" bear that in mind if responding to one of the older posts
things may have changed, people's views altered etc."

To get responses on mobile phone contracts you would be betetr having that as the main topic, rather than debt in general

Personally, I can't help on that though, as my phone was PAYG.
Old Nov 13th 2006, 10:34 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Its not always that expensive to buy yourself out of a mobile phone contract - we did that with Himself's and it was about 50% of the total remaining monthly payments - and that was without trying - we can't haggle to save our lives so you'd probably get it cheaper than that (especially if you explained why)

If you did your suggestion, you'd have to check to see if the phone was only yours at the end of the contract payment, otherwise I guess it could be classed as theft. (But I'm mostly just making that up as I go along )

As was said excessively on 'THE OTHER THREAD' (gawd yes, I read it all through this morning before even noticing it was from 2005), I'd rather be starting my new life without worrying some unforgotten debt was going to catch up with me - but thats just me.

Lynne