Dear Dad

Old Feb 15th 2005, 10:04 am
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Dear Dad

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Is that you in the article Rob?

Come on spill the beans!
yup - going for the convict look at the mo!

http://britishexpats.com/photopost/s...cat=500&page=1
Old Feb 15th 2005, 8:40 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by samnrob2
yup - going for the convict look at the mo!

http://britishexpats.com/photopost/s...cat=500&page=1
What a beautiful family.

Good luck with everything.

Merlot

Old Feb 15th 2005, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was Kent, UK...now Pacific Pines Gold Coast and loving it
sonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud of

Hi Sam,

Been away for a few days and just catching up with the forum, so you can now add my name to the list of those with tears running down my face reading your "letter to Dad".

For the first time in 4 years I'm actually happy (definately not the right word, but can't think what the right one is!!) that my parents passed away, Dad in 2000 and Mum in 2001. As someone else wrote, seeing your strong Dad lying in a hospital bed, unable to move, or even recognise you on some days is the worst thing ever, but having to tell them you are leaving to move to Aus, must be just as traumactic.
However hopeful you are that they will visit, or you will travel back to the UK, it seemed hard enough getting them to travel 200 miles to where we lived, or for us to find a free weekend to drive up to their house. Realistically, as they get older and more fragile, the thought of a 25 hour flight would not seem appealing.

At least for me, telling Mum & Dad is one point on the long list of things to do that I won't have, although we do have hubby's family....men and parents, why do they not seem as bothered...sweeping generalisation I know.

I hope everyone that has to tell their parents, get the response they are looking for...after all, all we want for our children is for them to be happy, isn't it.....being selfish is just human nature....