Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Dealing with stubborness

Dealing with stubborness

Old Jan 7th 2008, 11:24 am
Just Joined

Bubo is on a distinguished road
Default Dealing with stubborness

As some may remember Ive had problems with my OH over moving to Oz.

We only applied in the first place because he wanted to go but he changes his mind so often its making me dizzy. Weve had a positive result back from the TRA but we havent applid for the vias yet because of his stubborness.

Every so often he'll pipe up and say "I realy want to go" or a flat out "we're not going" and I know he has concerns about going but hes only willing to discuss them on his terms and when he wants to. If I bring up the subject he says Im stressing him out.

Men! :curse:

The most annoying bit is that if I do as he wants and don't mention it, he'll bring it up and say how much he wants to go! I need to talk about it though and doing what he wants is causing me stress.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 11:44 am
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: Dealing with stubborness

I wouldn't bother to emigrate at all......at least not with him! Sounds like it will put years on you and it really helps to have an intellegent, mature, articulate and caring partner to get through the whole ordeal.....

Come on your own if you can, your sure to find a good Aussie man that's more use than your OH sounds ....Some are pretty 'spunky' too

Jan
Old Jan 7th 2008, 12:44 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Dealing with stubborness

Mine was back and forth as well. In the end we figured we'd at least apply and validate our visa. Then once we had the visa in hand we could go whenever we wanted.

Just a thought. You're part way there already
Old Jan 7th 2008, 12:49 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

What a pain! I think you'll just have to sit him down and point out how unfair it is for him to keep changing his mind like that as you don't know where you stand regarding your future plans. Is he like this with everything or only about emigrating? If he really can't decide then making a list of pros and cons, a budget and doing some research on what kind of property you could afford etc might help to make up his mind either way. It might not be the decision you'd like but at least you'd know one way or the other!

good luck!

Therese
Old Jan 7th 2008, 6:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

It sounds like a nightmare. However if your OH isn't 100% committed to the move then he might have problems settling in Australia.

Has your OH ever been to Australia? If not, tell him you should take a holiday there to help him decide. Do lots of research as another poster has suggested and visit the areas you think would suit you on this holiday.

This should help your OH make a decision - either way. He obviously has doubts, but it is not fair for him to keep changing his mind. If he agrees to go then get on with the visa application and validate it.

That way, you both have all the options open to you.

Good luck.