Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Deadly down under

Deadly down under

Old Feb 28th 2008, 4:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

rocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to behold
Default Deadly down under

Sky3
12pm tonight

A spine-tingling look at Australia's deadliest critters, from the the world's most venomous snake, 450 times more poisonous than a rattlesnake, to the fearsome funnel-web spider.

Last edited by rocket01; Feb 28th 2008 at 4:10 pm.
Old Feb 28th 2008, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

Scarlett1 is just really niceScarlett1 is just really niceScarlett1 is just really niceScarlett1 is just really niceScarlett1 is just really niceScarlett1 is just really niceScarlett1 is just really niceScarlett1 is just really nice
Default Re: Deadly down under

Just set the timer, thanks

btw you aren't that far from me
Old Feb 28th 2008, 4:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

rocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Scarlett1
Just set the timer, thanks

btw you aren't that far from me
Cool where? and when and where you going to Oz?
Old Feb 28th 2008, 5:53 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

did anyone see the programme on channel 5 about the jellyfish infestation on its way to australia?
they showed the deadly jellyfish in japan and how they are trying to deal with the problem by slaying them in the water; what they didnt realise was that by slaying them, they released billions and billions of eggs into the ocean
the scientists are baffled as they cant deal with the problem, they have no vacination for the poison and nothing seems to be stopping them from breeding big big problemo
they even showed you little jellyfish getting through the safety nets and stinging people while swimming in the sea
bec
Old Feb 28th 2008, 6:34 pm
Just Joined

Tango is an unknown quantity at this point

Python Eats Australian Family's Dog

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5i...jbjeQD8V2N2100

BRISBANE, Australia (AP) — A 16-foot python stalked a family dog for days before swallowing the pet whole in front of horrified children in the Australian tropics, animal experts said Wednesday.

The boy and girl, ages 5 and 7, watched as the scrub python devoured their silky terrier-Chihuahua crossbreed Monday at their home near Kuranda in Queensland state.
Old Feb 28th 2008, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

mvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to all

Yes I saw that.

Great programme although it does put you off wanting to go into the water.

They can't kill them and they can survive in freezing or boiling water.

They also worked out that the jelly fish have four eyes and can hold station in the water although they avoid the colour red for some reason.

There might be a rush on red swimming suits in Oz shortly
Old Feb 28th 2008, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

tartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rocket01
Sky3
12pm tonight

A spine-tingling look at Australia's deadliest critters, from the the world's most venomous snake, 450 times more poisonous than a rattlesnake, to the fearsome funnel-web spider.
Did you see the bit about Drop Bears? Scared the bejesus out of me, I'll certainly be giving the Blue Mountains a miss.
Old Feb 28th 2008, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

This was on last night too, I watched it, in a way I wondered why are we going (I really hate snakes) It was really good to see and was really educational

Gill