Reload this Page >

Dead horse needs flogging

Dead horse needs flogging

Old Feb 4th 2004, 4:30 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dead horse needs flogging

Is it me, or are there a load of suspicious troll posts around the last few days?

Not the banter about cats etc, I mean the various new posters (welcome! welcome!) who give us their life story using the same typically bad spelling and punctuation that makes me think some schoolkids are carrying an exercise in trolldom.

Guess it's just me.
Old Feb 4th 2004, 4:50 am
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

Yes I believe you were correct in your last sentence, it is just you.

I'm personally much more interested in yet another (yawn) post about the exchange rate, which inevitably leads to a string of "oh my I can't live in a 24 bedroom mansion any more" stories (groan).

Oh - it was you that posted it too.
Old Feb 4th 2004, 4:54 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by RichS
Yes I believe you were correct in your last sentence, it is just you.

I'm personally much more interested in yet another (yawn) post about the exchange rate, which inevitably leads to a string of "oh my I can't live in a 24 bedroom mansion any more" stories (groan).

Oh - it was you that posted it too.
LOL. You got me there.
Old Feb 4th 2004, 4:59 am
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

Hey I was expecting outrage and vitriol.

No-one is rising to the bait today. Even the guy who wanted to know about moving his horse to NZ didn't get that annoyed when I referred him to Pedigree Chum.
Old Feb 4th 2004, 5:14 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

No-one is rising to the bait today. Even the guy who wanted to know about moving his horse to NZ didn't get that annoyed when I referred him to Pedigree Chum.
You tell Ali Cat had some pent up anger by his post.
Old Feb 4th 2004, 6:01 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dead horse needs flogging

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
Is it me, or are there a load of suspicious troll posts around the last few days?

Not the banter about cats etc, I mean the various new posters (welcome! welcome!) who give us their life story using the same typically bad spelling and punctuation that makes me think some schoolkids are carrying an exercise in trolldom.

Guess it's just me.

Could be trolls, could be the time of year. Look at the going back to the UK board, nearly everyone mentions the climate, many aussies would escape summer if they could. Nothing like a nice spell of 40 to snap people into a decision?
Old Feb 4th 2004, 6:06 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by dotty
Could be trolls, could be the time of year. Look at the going back to the UK board, nearly everyone mentions the climate, many aussies would escape summer if they could. Nothing like a nice spell of 40 to snap people into a decision?
You're missing the Indian thread, looks like an argument is about to start there.. right I'm off, time to go home.
I can fathom half of these multi - posters (Don if it's you.. cut it out)
Old Feb 4th 2004, 6:48 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Ceri
You're missing the Indian thread, looks like an argument is about to start there.. right I'm off, time to go home.
I can fathom half of these multi - posters (Don if it's you.. cut it out)
That thread seems to have been deleted. Hardly a great ad for Australia was it. Very sad.
Old Feb 4th 2004, 7:50 am
Goodpubmisser

Old Feb 4th 2004, 8:46 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by pleasancefamily

Guess it's just me.
It is not so much the spelling that gets me but the total lack of punctuation - it makes my head spin!

COMMAS chaps, helps a great deal. There are also things called full stops and semi colons, colon's and apostrophes that help too, but I'll take just a few commas in the short term.
Old Feb 4th 2004, 10:12 am
Just Joined

zephyr147 is an unknown quantity at this point

Pollster,

I can see that you like apostrophes so much you've decided to add a few extra ones where they are not required (colon's, should be colons).

Unneccessary punctuation is as bad as lack of punctuation, but I suppose we all make typos (but never typo's).

I agree with you that some of the mails from native English speakers are dreadful.

Z
Old Feb 4th 2004, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

please spare a thought for those of us who can spell very well, but can't type for shit!!
Old Feb 4th 2004, 12:25 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by zephyr147
Pollster,

I can see that you like apostrophes so much you've decided to add a few extra ones where they are not required (colon's, should be colons).

Unneccessary punctuation is as bad as lack of punctuation, but I suppose we all make typos (but never typo's).

I agree with you that some of the mails from native English speakers are dreadful.

Z

Aha - well done - you spotted the deliberate grammatical mistake in my post about grammar!

Old Feb 4th 2004, 12:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by podgypossum
please spare a thought for those of us who can spell very well, but can't type for shit!!
and those of us who can spell & punctuate but don't give a $hit!!! (I rather like my use of ellipsis and multiple punctuation marks, must be because I'm a repressed punctuation and "proper syntax" hater... .....!!!!!!
Old Feb 4th 2004, 12:30 pm
WBB

Originally posted by Larissa
and those of us who can spell & punctuate but don't give a $hit!!! (I rather like my use of ellipsis and multiple punctuation marks, must be because I'm a repressed punctuation and "proper syntax" hater... .....!!!!!!
hear here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.