Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

De facto visa: My Oz g/f who is to be my guarantor has lost her birth certificate

De facto visa: My Oz g/f who is to be my guarantor has lost her birth certificate

Old Dec 11th 2003, 11:56 pm
Just Joined

Vegemite Sarnie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default De facto visa: My Oz g/f who is to be my guarantor has lost her birth certificate

My Australian girlfriend (de facto partner of 2 years) who is to be my guarantor has lost her birth certificate (got burned up by the Rabaul Volcano!!!); she was actually born in Papua New Guinea but holds a full Australian passport. Both her parents also hold Australian passports; and she has lived in Australia since she was 13. For the De Facto visa application, will she HAVE to provide a birth certificate? Is it completely and absolutely required to be sent in with Forms 40SP and 47SP? Any help would be really gratefully received!!!
Old Dec 12th 2003, 12:01 am
WBB

Default Re: De facto visa: My Oz g/f who is to be my guarantor has lost her birth certificate

Originally posted by Vegemite Sarnie
My Australian girlfriend (de facto partner of 2 years) who is to be my guarantor has lost her birth certificate (got burned up by the Rabaul Volcano!!!); she was actually born in Papua New Guinea but holds a full Australian passport. Both her parents also hold Australian passports; and she has lived in Australia since she was 13. For the De Facto visa application, will she HAVE to provide a birth certificate? Is it completely and absolutely required to be sent in with Forms 40SP and 47SP? Any help would be really gratefully received!!!

can you not get a copy?

Old Dec 12th 2003, 4:14 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: De facto visa: My Oz g/f who is to be my guarantor has lost her birth certificate

Try the PNG embassy in London if they have one. Otherwise PNG must have some kind of registry of births deaths and marriages. There are your 2 starting points.