Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

De Facto Visa - First Steps

De Facto Visa - First Steps

Old Oct 11th 2004, 8:01 pm
Scoop

Default De Facto Visa - First Steps

I am about to start sorting through everything that is needed to apply for a De Facto relationship Visa with my Australian Girlfriend.

Am I correct in thinking that you can get your Medical/X-rays before your initial application (sorry if this is common knowledge), and send them off with all your application forms/evidence?. I have seen the list of Approved Doctors on the Australian Department of Immigration site.

I would very much appreciate it if any succesful applicants could offer myself and my Girlfriend any advise as we are starting out on the Long term relationship visa process.

Last edited by Scoop; Oct 11th 2004 at 8:07 pm.

Old Oct 11th 2004, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ushas will become famous soon enough
Default Re: De Facto Visa - First Steps

Originally Posted by Scoop
I am about to start sorting through everything that is needed to apply for a De Facto relationship Visa with my Australian Girlfriend.

Am I correct in thinking that you can get your Medical/X-rays before your initial application (sorry if this is common knowledge), and send them off with all your application forms/evidence?. I have seen the list of Approved Doctors on the Australian Department of Immigration site.

I would very much appreciate it if any succesful applicants could offer myself and my Girlfriend any advise as we are starting out on the Long term relationship visa process.
Yes you can front load your visa application. Send off for your police check first though as this can take up to 40 days to come through.

Try to make sure you have most things ready first though, ie- all your certified copies and evidence. The reason being is that it's best to send everything off as close to meds and police checks being done as possible because you have 12 months to validate your visa (enter Oz) after the date on the meds and PCC whichever is soonest.

Hope this helps.