De Facto Proof

Old Jun 26th 2002, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

aliceJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default De Facto Proof

Does anyone know or have a form we can use to draw up a declaration of de facto relationship for long term temp residence visas?

Form 888 seems to be only if the witness is an Australian?

Alice
Old Jun 27th 2002, 7:36 am
BE Enthusiast

MrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: De Facto Proof

You mean the statutiory decleration?...if so as long as you get the wording right and its witnessed and signed by someone with authority to do Stat Decs you should be okay.

I dont have mine to hand at the moment but if you do a search on the group for Statutory Decleration Sophia posted an example of a stat dec. If you still have no luck let me know...I can also send the index I used to categorise all the stuff to prove our relationship...ie photos, tickets, invitations, cards etc etc if that helps.
Old Jun 27th 2002, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

etlniwd is an unknown quantity at this point

I used form 888 for my two stat decs. AHC seemed happy with this.
Old Jun 27th 2002, 11:01 am
Dave

Hi Alice
You're right that form888 is for Aussie use. Although people have had these accepted by London, I think you would find it near impossible to get an English solicitor to sign an Austalian law Statutory Declaration.

We searched the web and found a couple of examples. It was really just the topping and tailing that we wanted. The content should follow the guidance in form888. I've pasted the proforma of the one we used below.

The people making the declarations then just take them to the local solicitor who will check them, have the witnesses swear the oath and he/she will then signed them.

In England & Wales, solicitors aren't allowed to charge more than £5 for signing a Statutory Declaration (and incidentally, no more than £2 for certifying a document). Here's the link we found showing the Statutory Instrument. Our solicitor charged us £10 for 2 Stat Decs and did all of the certifying for free as she said their policy was to not charge their existing clients for these.
http://www.legislation.hmso.gov.uk/s...32297_en_1.htm

I, David John Smith of 1 Acacia Avenue Trumpton Camberwickgreen EG1 1XY,

Do Solemnly and Sincerely Declare as follows;

1. I am the father/mother/etc of Johnny Applicant.

2. I have known Johnny Applicant since………………â� ��¦â€¦..and…….

3. I believe that my above named son/daughter is in a genuine relationship with…etc

I MAKE THIS SOLEMN DECLARATION CONSCIENTIOUSLY BELIEVING THE SAME TO BE TRUE AND BY VIRTUE OF THE STATUTORY DECLARATIONS ACT 1835

Declared by the above named David John Smith at this day of __ June 2002

Before me …………………� �€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â €¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â� ��¦.. Solicitor

Old Jun 27th 2002, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

aliceJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Thankyou all!

I think I should be ok now!