De Facto Proof

Old Dec 23rd 2001, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

glenn_somers is an unknown quantity at this point

My Girlfriend and I have been together for over four years, we have been living together all this time and have been sharing living expenses. Although we have funds transfered to and from eachovers accounts we dont posess a joint account. The lease for the flat we rent is in both our names but all the utility bills are either in my name, her name or the landlords, we dont actually have anything in both. Is this likely to present a problem when proving our relationship. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
Cheers,

Glenn
Old Dec 24th 2001, 11:28 am
Martina Linnemann

Hi Glenn,

A copy of the joint lease agreement would be a good thing to send, maybe also copies
of bank statements to proof that you both contribute to the household bills. But
there are other ways to proof the de facto relationship. My partner and I have been
together for eight years now and we included:
- Declarations from friends confirming that they have known us for x number of years
and can confirm that we are a couple.
- Photos from various holidays / parties together
- Postcards and Invitations addressed to both of us (dated invitations are good for
that type of thing).
- Invoices with both our names on it (we dug out a couple of old flight tickets and a
hotel bill).

We do have a joint mortgage and a joint account and sent details of that and never
got questioned any further or ask for an interview, so they seem to have believed us.

Good luck!

Martina

glenn_somers wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Dec 24th 2001, 2:37 pm
Thc

Hi Martina,

You are getting me paranoid now. We just sent ours off and didn't include
anything like holiday photos etc. Mind you, we did enclose our son's birth
certificate and details of the joint mortgages we have held for 7 years.
Hopefully that will be enough.

Gordon

On Mon, 24 Dec 2001 12:28:09 +0000, Martina Linnemann

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]>> My Girlfriend and I have been together for over four years, we have been living[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> together all this time and have been sharing living expenses. Although we have[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> funds transfered to and from eachovers accounts we dont posess a joint account.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> The lease for the flat we rent is in both our names but all the utility bills are[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> either in my name, her name or the landlords, we dont actually have anything in[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> both. Is this likely to present a problem when proving our relationship. Any help[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> would be gratefully appreciated. Cheers,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> Glenn[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> --[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> Glenn[/usenetquote2]
    >

Old Dec 25th 2001, 2:31 pm
Martina Linnemann

Hi Gordon, I'm sure a baby is proof enough . We weren't sure what to submit and
thought we'd better overdo it and sent a whole pile of stuff (it was good fun to go
through those old photos anyway). I'm not sure what they are looking for, but if you
don't have the conventional proof, such as a joint mortgage or a joint account, then
slightly less conventional evidence might be just as good.

We submitted in April (IT "fast" track) and have had three letters back asking for
further information about all sorts of things. The de-facto evidence wasn't one of
them, so I reckon that we managed to convince them that we were genuine.

Good luck with your application. I was hoping to hear before Christmas, but it looks
like it will be the new year now.

Regards,

Martina

Did you know that Australia House was the setting for Gingrotts (?) Bank in the
Harry Potter movie ... I reckon the staff all had a job as extras and didn't get
round to working on applications (..... no, I take that back, I'm sure they all work
really hard, they must have had loads of applications after the Sydney Olympics and
the year 2000).

THC wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

>
[usenetquote2]> >Hi Glenn,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >A copy of the joint lease agreement would be a good thing to send, maybe also[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >copies of bank statements to proof that you both contribute to the household[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >bills. But there are other ways to proof the de facto relationship. My partner and[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >I have been together for eight years now and we included:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >- Declarations from friends confirming that they have known us for x number of[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > years and can confirm that we are a couple.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >- Photos from various holidays / parties together[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >- Postcards and Invitations addressed to both of us (dated invitations are good[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > for that type of thing).[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >- Invoices with both our names on it (we dug out a couple of old flight tickets[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > and a hotel bill).[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >We do have a joint mortgage and a joint account and sent details of that and[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >never got questioned any further or ask for an interview, so they seem to have[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >believed us.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >Good luck![/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >Martina[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >glenn_somers wrote:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> My Girlfriend and I have been together for over four years, we have been living[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> together all this time and have been sharing living expenses. Although we have[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> funds transfered to and from eachovers accounts we dont posess a joint account.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> The lease for the flat we rent is in both our names but all the utility bills[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> are either in my name, her name or the landlords, we dont actually have anything[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> in both. Is this likely to present a problem when proving our relationship. Any[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> help would be gratefully appreciated. Cheers,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >>[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> Glenn[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> --[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> Glenn[/usenetquote2]