De facto help

Old Feb 4th 2007, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

chzza is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking De facto help

we'll be applying for our visa's as de facto. i was wondering what proof they require?? we've been together 6 years but my name is on all the bills and mortgage as i had the house before we got together. we don't share a bank account either.
any advice anyone??
Old Feb 4th 2007, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: De facto help

Originally Posted by chzza
we'll be applying for our visa's as de facto. i was wondering what proof they require?? we've been together 6 years but my name is on all the bills and mortgage as i had the house before we got together. we don't share a bank account either.
any advice anyone??
you'll get more advice if you post this on the immigration forum.
Old Feb 4th 2007, 8:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Presumably your OH has some sort of evidence that he lives at the same address as you? Is he registered there to vote? Did you see a solicitor at all when s/he moved in re mortgage repayments or anything like that? Does s/he have bank statements etc sent to the house?
Could you get statements showing regular money going from his/her account into yours to pay the mortgage?
You should also include statements from family/friends/neighbours saying how long they have known you to be a couple, get these signed and witnessed. There is a specific form for this, I think it might be 888.... I could be wrong!
You could also send photos of you together on various holidays/at various special occasions - they may not be dated but they'd show different seasons/haircuts etc to show passing time. Also letters from when you've been apart, plane tickets from going on holiday together... any kind of evidence from your relationship.

There is lots more advice on here already, do a search for 'defacto evidence' or something like that. Good luck!
Old Feb 4th 2007, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

chzza is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by esperanza
Presumably your OH has some sort of evidence that he lives at the same address as you? Is he registered there to vote? Did you see a solicitor at all when s/he moved in re mortgage repayments or anything like that? Does s/he have bank statements etc sent to the house?
Could you get statements showing regular money going from his/her account into yours to pay the mortgage?
You should also include statements from family/friends/neighbours saying how long they have known you to be a couple, get these signed and witnessed. There is a specific form for this, I think it might be 888.... I could be wrong!
You could also send photos of you together on various holidays/at various special occasions - they may not be dated but they'd show different seasons/haircuts etc to show passing time. Also letters from when you've been apart, plane tickets from going on holiday together... any kind of evidence from your relationship.

There is lots more advice on here already, do a search for 'defacto evidence' or something like that. Good luck!
got loads of pics and family will be more than willing to help. i've posted this on immigration too so hopefully i'll get more advice. thanks