Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

On days like these..

On days like these..

Old Mar 26th 2007, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

Loiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant future
Default On days like these..

days like today give me doubts about moving to Oz. Im sat here in my kitchen looking at all the lovely spring plants in the garden. The sun is shining. Ive just seen a lovely big fox walk across my decking and a squirrel run along the fence.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 11:51 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: On days like these..

Originally Posted by Loiner
days like today give me doubts about moving to Oz. Im sat here in my kitchen looking at all the lovely spring plants in the garden. The sun is shining. Ive just seen a lovely big fox walk across my decking and a squirrel run along the fence.
You will change your mind when it's pissing down next month and throughout summer....we could be lucky to get a couple of good weeks together and then there will be a hose pipe ban and schools will shut down due to not being able to cope with the heat.

Think today of what an Australian summer will be like
Old Mar 26th 2007, 11:51 am
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough

yeah its easy to be fooled on a spring morning like today .

i just cast my mind back to less than a week ago

s.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 11:52 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Trust your instincts my dear

Thats all i'm saying, apart from i'm from Leeds too
Old Mar 27th 2007, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

bezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by paulrachel
Trust your instincts my dear

Thats all i'm saying, apart from i'm from Leeds too
It's been foggy in Gloucestershire most of the day - the children have been able to play outside but only for the first time since October!

My Uncle who emigrated in the 50's once told me that there was no difference between his life here and there - but the weather certainly was better!

Bezza
Old Mar 27th 2007, 9:04 pm
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light

Im up in the lake district and iv got to agree the past four days have been like paradise, not a cloud in the sky but i have to agree with everyone this is a bloomin one off. Just think nearly every day is like that in oz

Stu
Old Mar 27th 2007, 9:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

don't worry it won't last it's supposed to rain by the end of the week - ready for the kids hols!!!!
Old Mar 27th 2007, 10:41 pm
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

We swapped 1 day every now and again of sun (and not many of them to be honest) to EVERY day (except 3 since October) waking up to sun.
We have kookaburras, galahs and rainbow lorrikeets in the garden (beats the common spuggy)and kangaroos and possums in the park by the lake.
I know where I would rather be

Last time I was in Leeds was July last year when we went to book our flights and it absolutely lashed it down ALL DAY. It was so bad we had to take shelter in Whitelocks and comfort ourselves with several pints of Old Peculiar

Make the most of your few 'nice days' but don't worry...when you get over here there will be loads

Loz x