Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The day's arrived!

The day's arrived!

Old Oct 15th 2003, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

suffolkdiva is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The day's arrived!

I can't believe this day has finally arrived.

The packers have been here since 7.30am (I was still in my dressing gown half asleep, can't have been a pretty sight!!) They are a very friendly efficient lot, keeping me sane and cheerful as I keep getting very emotional on them!

The kids have been brilliant, so brave seeing as they had to say ggodbye to our dog - she's just too old to cope with the move - and taking it all in their stride. they seem to be coping better than me at the mo. I'm not normally like this

So we leave the house tomorrow and fly out on the 27th. A week and a half of goodbyes and the last this and that! I am excited and know many of you out there would love to be in our shoes, but I do feel a little overwhelmed as well at times.

Would just like to get on that plane now and get going!
Old Oct 15th 2003, 10:59 am
Bubble blowing member

ohsohopeful is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The day's arrived!

Best of luck Suffolkdiva
Keep your eye on the goal and you'll be fine.
It will all be worth it when you get there.
All the best for your new life!
Old Oct 15th 2003, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

HBgirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ohhhhh!!!!

5weeks to my turn.

Good luck with everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 15th 2003, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Rudy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hang in there Helen, it will all be exciting and new when you arrive in Oz. I think this has to be the worst stage you are going through, as excited and frustrated as I am about getting the visa, the actual goodbyes are what I'm dreading. I would also not even bear thinking about leaving my dog.

Best of luck, hope everything goes smoothly.

Hazel.
Old Oct 15th 2003, 11:31 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

I had to leave my dog behind when we came back from Oz to the UK...it was a big wrench, but you/they will get over it. Now I'm planning to emigrate to Oz I'm having to wrestle with the fact that I can't have my dog back! (he's with new owners, wouldn't be fair).
Old Oct 15th 2003, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Another step nearer to Melbourne.

Hope you manage to get through the day ok. Glad the kids are coping ok.

footie chick
Old Oct 15th 2003, 12:51 pm

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

Originally posted by suffolkdiva

The packers have been here since 7.30am (I was still in my dressing gown half asleep, can't have been a pretty sight!!) They are a very friendly efficient lot, keeping me sane and cheerful as I keep getting very emotional on them!

The kids have been brilliant, so brave seeing as they had to say ggodbye to our dog - she's just too old to cope with the move - and taking it all in their stride. they seem to be coping better than me at the mo. I'm not normally like this

So we leave the house tomorrow and fly out on the 27th. A week and a half of goodbyes and the last this and that! I am excited and know many of you out there would love to be in our shoes, but I do feel a little overwhelmed as well at times.

Hope the rest of your day runs smoothly & that the goodbyes are not too, too sad. That is one thing I will not be looking forward to when our time comes.
Old Oct 15th 2003, 1:06 pm
visa'd member oh yeah!

CROSSY is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by suffolkdiva

The best of luck for your time here and for your future , and keep smiling
Old Oct 15th 2003, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh Suffolk Diva . I do feel for you.... it must be hard aswell as exciting. Your children sound so great dealing with saying goodbye to their pet. You must feel quite proud of their handling of this situation. Dont worry as everything will be ok. you must come on the girls night out in Melb, you,ll soon get into the swing of things and it would be nice to meet you.

hugs
and take care
booboo
Old Oct 15th 2003, 1:20 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

And now the adventure starts !!

Good luck down under Diva, maybe you should change your usename? "DownUnderDiva" !!

Just in time for a great Melbourne summer.
Old Oct 15th 2003, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

suffolkdiva is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all your good wishes guys!

Pete....like the idea. Hubby will like it too as he hates being Mr Suffolk and REALLY hates Mr Diva!! Mr Downunder sounds much more manly hey?!

I'm sitting on the floor, as nearly everythings packed. It has only taken 3 guys this long to almost finish the house and garage. They all said what a joy it was packing a very organised house. I don't think that has ever been said about this place before!

Just been on the real estate website so I can try to envisage where all our wordly goods are off to. Now that's made me feel a lot better! Truth is , I'm now bored as the packers know exactly what they're doing, and apart from make copious amounts of tea, what does a girl do all day!!

Booboo....looking forward to the girls night out and the 2nd melbourne picnic in late Nov. Will you be over for that?

Must go....kettles boiling again!
Old Oct 15th 2003, 1:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

salonit is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by suffolkdiva [/igood luck with the move...must be very high on emotions !!!!! take care......
Old Oct 15th 2003, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

Marlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant future

Hi Helen,

Good luck with your move, things look as though they`re going smoothly for you, hope it stays that way.

We`ll be out on the 5th of November so hope to meet up with you when we`re over there, and we`ll go to the picnic if it`s on when we`re there.

If you get a chance will you email me a contact number so that I can call you when we`re out there.

The very, very best of luck to you and the family

from Loraine & co
Old Oct 15th 2003, 3:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Good luck love and all the best for the flight over keep in touch x
Old Oct 15th 2003, 4:20 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Suffolk Dvia - my stuff has left today as well. sad moment unplugging the pc (especially as the space bar is dodgy on the one at my mate's place!
Quite an emotional moment as that van goes off down the street isn't it....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.