Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Daylight Savings (or lack of) in Qld

Daylight Savings (or lack of) in Qld

Old Oct 4th 2008, 7:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Daylight Savings (or lack of) in Qld

Originally Posted by Pollyana
It really is tough if you are a person that can't deal with getting up early and prefers tom relax after work instead of before. I've found the solution now, lots of nights shifts, so my evening is everyone else's morning, and I can now be found enjoying "my" light evenings outside wth a beer before retiring to be - at 8am.
Originally Posted by Seasider
Oh god, me too. Our cats come from a place where it gets light and dark at roughly the same time year round. Light=breakfast.
Sad - but actually I LOVE DST - been banging on about the fact it is earlier this year all week..
Old Oct 4th 2008, 8:22 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Couldn't care less now, I used to be all for it but light or dark evenings makes no difference to my life. I'm just grateful that it's warm. The only irritant is if I go across the border shopping which I do fairly often. But then I can go at 10am, shop until 12 and still be back by just gone 11 so it's all good
Old Oct 4th 2008, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

sa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud of

[ I'm just grateful that it's warm. The only irritant is if I go across the border shopping which I do fairly often. But then I can go at 10am, shop until 12 and still be back by just gone 11 so it's all good [/QUOTE]

Hi Moneypen
I have the same pleasure.. live in Robina, but when I visit clients just over the border, start and hour earlier,but finish an hour earlier too.. best of both worlds!
Old Oct 5th 2008, 9:46 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
Because its cold in the winter that's why
Good. Means I can drive a short distance and go skiing with fantastic people such as MartinLuther.

Buzzy
Old Oct 5th 2008, 10:22 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Good. Means I can drive a short distance and go skiing with fantastic people such as MartinLuther.

Buzzy
Cheers mate.

That was a good day of skiing.

One of the things I love about where I live now is that I can be skiing in the Winter and sunning myself in the summer like it's the South of France. The seasons are just the right length too.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 10:55 am
Ber-kerk

Wheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the rough

Try working for a company that has dealings with other states and you too might get a sort of daylight savings. Thanks to my main business clients being in Sydney, as of this week I have to start at 7.30am until 4, so I guess I will be getting an extra hour of sunlight.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 2:57 am
BE Enthusiast

dejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Wheeler-Jones
Try working for a company that has dealings with other states and you too might get a sort of daylight savings. Thanks to my main business clients being in Sydney, as of this week I have to start at 7.30am until 4, so I guess I will be getting an extra hour of sunlight.
I have resurrected this thread because I need to do a massive backpedal.

When I first arrived in Brisbane, I could NOT understand what all the fuss was about daylight saving. I was quite vocal about it and not at all tolerant of people who were "whinging" about daylight saving in QLD.

Well, 6 months in, I must confess that it is really pissing me off.

It gets light at 4.49am.... it's bloody ridiculous... bloody, bloody ridiculous.

It goes dark at 7pm... it's bloody riduclous... bloody, bloody ridiculous.

Must get a life and stop worrying about what I can't change I suppose...
Old Dec 21st 2008, 4:19 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Wheeler-Jones
of this week I have to start at 7.30am until 4, so I guess I will be getting an extra hour of sunlight.
Isn't that what many QLD'ers do, all year round ?

Old Dec 21st 2008, 4:40 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Isn't that what many QLD'ers do, all year round ?
Once had to work in an office who's HQ was in Perth. The window of opportunity to talk with someone was very small.

WW
Old Dec 21st 2008, 4:52 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
Once had to work in an office who's HQ was in Perth. The window of opportunity to talk with someone was very small.

WW
I once used to deal with England from Sydney
I am surprised that any international trade gets accomplished...

Old Dec 21st 2008, 5:03 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I once used to deal with England from Sydney
I am surprised that any international trade gets accomplished...
Thank god for email.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 11:11 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Daylight Savings (or lack of) in Qld

Originally Posted by dejags
I have resurrected this thread because I need to do a massive backpedal.

When I first arrived in Brisbane, I could NOT understand what all the fuss was about daylight saving. I was quite vocal about it and not at all tolerant of people who were "whinging" about daylight saving in QLD.

Well, 6 months in, I must confess that it is really pissing me off.

It gets light at 4.49am.... it's bloody ridiculous... bloody, bloody ridiculous.

It goes dark at 7pm... it's bloody riduclous... bloody, bloody ridiculous.

Must get a life and stop worrying about what I can't change I suppose...
Or you could just do the sensible thing and move to Melbourne where it was light until 9.30pm tonight.

Or Tasmasnia.

Or England

Buzzy
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 12:15 am
BE Enthusiast

dejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud of

Or you could just do the sensible thing and move to Melbourne where it was light until 9.30pm tonight.

Or Tasmasnia.

Or England

Buzzy
I confess it was a massive whinge!!!

Happy to report that this is my only gripe with Brisbane, so on balance, I think we'll hang around.

If I can't cope with it going dark at 7pm, I can't imagine going back to 4pm sunsets
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 12:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

You don't wanna do that!
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 1:12 am
Victorian Evangelist

Originally Posted by spartacus
You don't wanna do that!
Maybe dejags doesn't but a hell of a lot of people do!

Buzzy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.