Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Daylight saving in WA

Daylight saving in WA

Old Mar 28th 2009, 7:00 am
Cad and bounder

perksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Daylight saving in WA

Am I right in thinking it ends tonight?
Old Mar 28th 2009, 7:04 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Daylight saving in WA

Originally Posted by perksy
Yes, but only for a few months
Old Mar 28th 2009, 7:21 am
BE Enthusiast

nessyp is on a distinguished road

or forever
Old Mar 28th 2009, 7:40 am
F*** it!

Fenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EvannTel
Yes, but only for a few months

That's right but unfortunately it will be forever. These country-bumpkin f***wits will vote to get rid of one of the best things to happen to Dullsville in years.

I can just see the hysteria if we finally get Sunday trading.
Old Mar 28th 2009, 7:54 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by perksy
WA yes, but all the rest of the Australian states, that have it, will wait untill 5th April 2009

Old Mar 28th 2009, 7:59 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Fenton Beasley
These country-bumpkin f***wits will vote to get rid of one of the best things to happen to Dullsville in years.
It is called democracy at work, and maybe there aren't enough new migrants in the area yet to be able to change the State from what it is, and from what the majority of its inhabitants like.

What I find funny is that people move to an area because they like it, then want to change it to be more like the area they came from, and then insult the other inhabitants because they want it to stay the same as they are used to.

Think about it...

Old Mar 28th 2009, 8:05 am
F*** it!

Fenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
It is called democracy at work, and maybe there aren't enough new migrants in the area yet to be able to change the State from what it is, and from what the majority of its inhabitants like.

What I find funny is that people move to an area because they like it, then want to change it to be more like the area they came from, and then insult the other inhabitants because they want it to stay the same as they are used to.

Think about it...
I have thought about it. What about people like me who are here not because "they like it" but because they have to be.

My reasons for being here are my own. DLS is a good thing for WA. How early do these people have to get up in the mornings?
Old Mar 28th 2009, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

bruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond

Think about it...
Well said.
Old Mar 28th 2009, 9:53 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I have thought about it. What about people like me who are here not because "they like it" but because they have to be.
People always forget the likes of you and me.....
Old Mar 28th 2009, 10:02 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

My reasons for being here are my own. DLS is a good thing for WA. How early do these people have to get up in the mornings?
I get up at 5.30. My husband leaves for work at 6am. Even by the time he gets to work at almost 7 it is still dark just now and has been for a while. That is crap for US. I appreciate it might be OK for you but personally I would rather have my daylight in the morning. If I had a vote I would vote NO because it doesn't suit my life. Why does that make me a country bumpkin ****wit?
Old Mar 28th 2009, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of
Wink Re: Daylight saving in WA

I guess we moved here to change things...why else did we have to jump though hoops to get here (Skills assessment) if the Aussies didn't want things to change why have immigration...just my view and I'm voting "Yes"
Old Mar 28th 2009, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

nessyp is on a distinguished road

Best excuse I heard for not having daylight savings was that it faded their curtains and their kids were getting fat cos they were eating more, I ask you

We have just had a walk on the beach and watched a sunset at 715pm, would seem very strange it going dark at 6.15pm when its still summery
Old Mar 28th 2009, 12:51 pm
F*** it!

Originally Posted by northernbird
I get up at 5.30. Why does that make me a country bumpkin ****wit?

I'm sorry NB. I didn't mean to cause offence. You have your reasons and that's great. I was merely offering a sort of tongue in cheek observation to the WA psyche.

I'm trying to say that Aussies may call us whinging POMS, but get them on the subject of DLS and stand back as they go into whinge overload.
Old Mar 28th 2009, 12:59 pm
F*** it!

Originally Posted by Pollyana
People always forget the likes of you and me.....
So true Polly. I guess I'm like you in the fact that I came here with my significant (Australian) other. They can't stand 'Broken Britain' and so have had to come home... with me in tow.

Australia isn't the worst place in the world though.
Old Mar 28th 2009, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by nessyp
Best excuse I heard for not having daylight savings was that it faded their curtains and their kids were getting fat cos they were eating more, I ask you

We have just had a walk on the beach and watched a sunset at 715pm, would seem very strange it going dark at 6.15pm when its still summery
yeh i'm with you, walked along the beach last weekend and watched the sunset....trouble is once the sun sets your nights over really - its then back indoors with the kids.

ps, love that excuse, lol!!!!!! i heard one where they said the cows didnt know when to milk!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.