Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Daylight Saving in WA

View Poll Results: For those in WA, what will your vote be for daylight saving on the 16th of May?
Yes, I want daylight saving in WA
91.43%
No, I don't want daylight saving in WA
8.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Daylight Saving in WA

Old Mar 9th 2009, 11:13 am
_

Kalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond repute
Default Daylight Saving in WA

For those in WA, what will your vote be for daylight saving this May?
Old Mar 9th 2009, 11:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Daylight Saving in WA

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=595965

Kalenge,

This is already running in the Barbie.

Cheers
Old Mar 9th 2009, 11:59 am
_

Kalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond repute

Oops ... thanks for the tipoff.

Mods, please feel free to delete this duplicate thread.
Old Mar 9th 2009, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

i'm not here in may so i will be voting in april
Old Mar 10th 2009, 3:33 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kalenge
For those in WA, what will your vote be for daylight saving this May?
I hate the dark mornings as I like to exercise on the beach before work having said that I love relaxing on the balcony with hubbie and watching the sunset after dinner and we quite often stroll down to the beach with the kids so I am a little torn but I voted yes to DLS.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 11:42 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone else noticed that Colin Barnett is leaning (so far as any politician ever commits to anything) the opposite way to however the opinion polls are going. I guess he wants to come on TV all empathetic saying he feels sorry for those who lost so they like him and those that get their way are happy too.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

twhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by worzel
Has anyone else noticed that Colin Barnett is leaning (so far as any politician ever commits to anything) the opposite way to however the opinion polls are going. I guess he wants to come on TV all empathetic saying he feels sorry for those who lost so they like him and those that get their way are happy too.
If it goes against I will bow to the locals (and my wife) and go to bed at 8:30 and get up at 5.:00 and do my morining stuff before work. I like nightlife and getting home in the light and watching the sun set but no use fighting city hall
Old Mar 12th 2009, 9:32 am
_

My understanding is that it's the younger generation who are pro having daylight savings. I assume the crowd on BE are generally youngish (under 50) so does that account for the general positive vote on here?

Asking around at work, the large majority also seem to want daylight savings. There does seem to be a growing voice supporting daylight saving so surely it's a matter of when and not if. Problem is that if it's not won this time, the idea may be shelved for a fairly long time.