Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Daylight Saving in South East Queensland

Daylight Saving in South East Queensland

Old Apr 16th 2010, 9:06 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Daylight Saving in South East Queensland

Originally Posted by I like tea
They will never be day light saving in Queensland as the vast majority of people who live here are not intelligent enough to see the massive benefits it would afford the population. In addition they live in a time wrap being at least 15 years behind Europe in the most basic social, political and environmental issues. Anyone who has any intelligence leaves Queensland as they realise the people in power in this state are morons and couldn't organise a p--- up in a brewery to save their lives.
Power to the people does not happen in Queensland as vast majority of the population are either too drunk, too ignorant or too apathetic. So daylight saving is a non issue.
Wow what a fantastic piece of constructive debate, your obviously a native Queenslander
Old Apr 16th 2010, 9:07 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

They will never be day light saving in Queensland as the vast majority of people who live here are not intelligent enough to see the massive benefits it would afford the population. In addition they live in a time wrap being at least 15 years behind Europe in the most basic social, political and environmental issues. Anyone who has any intelligence leaves Queensland as they realise the people in power in this state are morons and couldn't organise a p--- up in a brewery to save their lives.
Power to the people does not happen in Queensland as vast majority of the population are either too drunk, too ignorant or too apathetic. So daylight saving is a non issue.
I wish you wouldn't make posts like that...because I can think of someone who will be along shortly to claim your attitude is typical of daylight savings supporters. Your comments will probably end up on a website somewhere.
Old Apr 16th 2010, 9:10 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
Wow what a fantastic piece of constructive debate, your obviously a native Queenslander
Yeh but let's not be hasty there ARE some valid points there
Old Apr 16th 2010, 9:13 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Yeh but let's not be hasty there ARE some valid points there
Ohh O.K then, just a couple though, well three, maybe four
Old Apr 16th 2010, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

pproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud of
Talking Re: Daylight Saving in South East Queensland

Not true, I didn't oppose it personally, I merely suggested your arguments for it i,e easier trade with NSW were thinly veiled excuses for more leisure time in the evening. I don't oppose it now on a state wide base. I said it didn't effect me! It does in it's current proposed form. My original argument was that time zones should be set along a Longitudinal Meridian not on a line of Latitude. Here's the thread
The arguments for, as discussed above, are now negated by the split within the state. Those arguments can all now be used to the negative as all now apply to anywhere North of the proposed split.
My arguments for more leisure time are not thinly veiled I openly want more leisure time on an evening and the trade argument doesn't majorly effect me as everyone I ring or email at work are in QLD. The other posts by the person formerly known as me also argued for more leisure time on an evening as my main driver. By the way the sun still rises over the Dutch Womans House and she's still in it...
Old Apr 16th 2010, 9:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

wow, your ego must have taken a right kicking lately to feel the need to be superior to that many people........ I'd put that standard of debate up there with the stupidest of qlder's
Old Apr 16th 2010, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by pproehann
My arguments for more leisure time are not thinly veiled I openly want more leisure time on an evening and the trade argument doesn't majorly effect me as everyone I ring or email at work are in QLD. The other posts by the person formerly known as me also argued for more leisure time on an evening as my main driver. By the way the sun still rises over the Dutch Womans House and she's still in it...
So if you ring them say lunchtime is it your lunchtime or theirs? Don't forget that immovable 1 hour lunchtime is now two hours of not being able to contact someone. First your on lunch for an hour then just up the road an hour they'll be on lunch an hour later. Factor in the hour they miss in the morning & the hour you miss in the evening it leaves you just a four hour window from your 8 hour shift to contact anyone North of Noosa.

Like I say dividing the state is stupid, have all or nothing or even divide the state along the longitudinal line 139ËšE. That way the guys out West of Mount Isa will have no complaints. It makes far more sense than splitting the SE corner.
BRISBANE is 153ËšE and Mt ISA 139.5ËšE there is a "real time difference" of some 13,5Ëš of longitude, that is approx 54 minutes, there's the magic hour of DST.
Old Apr 16th 2010, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

pproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud of

So if you ring them say lunchtime is it your lunchtime or theirs? Don't forget that immovable 1 hour lunchtime is now two hours of not being able to contact someone. First your on lunch for an hour then just up the road an hour they'll be on lunch an hour later. Factor in the hour they miss in the morning & the hour you miss in the evening it leaves you just a four hour window from your 8 hour shift to contact anyone North of Noosa.

Like I say dividing the state is stupid, have all or nothing or even divide the state along the longitudinal line 139ËšE. That way the guys out West of Mount Isa will have no complaints. It makes far more sense than splitting the SE corner.
BRISBANE is 153ËšE and Mt ISA 139.5ËšE there is a "real time difference" of some 13,5Ëš of longitude, that is approx 54 minutes, there's the magic hour of DST.
As everyone I ring tends to be int the CBD or just outside I should be fine as everyone I ring will be on the same time zone. The start, lunch and end of day time zone problems are no different to what occurs now between QLD and NSW. Without looking up the longitude and latitude given if that leaves Brisbane in the daylight savings zone does me. I used Noosa I think as an example earlier of where the time zone could change but it wasn't set in stone as an Anna referendum should give a rough line where votes change from majority want to majority don't and line could just be stuck there bit like pin the tail on the donkey.
Old Apr 16th 2010, 10:04 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by bcworld
I wish you wouldn't make posts like that...because I can think of someone who will be along shortly to claim your attitude is typical of daylight savings supporters. Your comments will probably end up on a website somewhere.
Now that's an idea

Old Apr 16th 2010, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

I like tea is a splendid one to beholdI like tea is a splendid one to beholdI like tea is a splendid one to beholdI like tea is a splendid one to beholdI like tea is a splendid one to beholdI like tea is a splendid one to beholdI like tea is a splendid one to beholdI like tea is a splendid one to beholdI like tea is a splendid one to beholdI like tea is a splendid one to beholdI like tea is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by fish.01
wow, your ego must have taken a right kicking lately to feel the need to be superior to that many people........ I'd put that standard of debate up there with the stupidest of qlder's
I wasn't debating the agument merely predicting the outcome and giving my opinion as to why it will fail. This ploy by Bligh is just to distract the voters away from the mismanagement and incompetence of her government eg.
1) Desalination plant that is not yet operational.
2) Traveston Dam
3) Bundaberg hospital & Dr Patel
4) Go card
5) Clem 7 minimal usage due to high cost and bottlenecks when exiting.
6) Hospital pay - current debarcle
7) Education - 50% of High school students now attend private schools.Why?Queensland came 7th in most areas of National testing. Why ?
To name a few.

Bligh has done a 180 degree backflip on this topic and I for one can't see any change to the status quo. Like the trail in the 80's it was good while it lasted but Goss didn't have the b---s to follow through and make it policy.
Keep dreaming Queensland it won't happen.
Old Apr 16th 2010, 12:36 pm

As everyone I ring tends to be int the CBD or just outside I should be fine as everyone I ring will be on the same time zone. The start, lunch and end of day time zone problems are no different to what occurs now between QLD and NSW. Without looking up the longitude and latitude given if that leaves Brisbane in the daylight savings zone does me. I used Noosa I think as an example earlier of where the time zone could change but it wasn't set in stone as an Anna referendum should give a rough line where votes change from majority want to majority don't and line could just be stuck there bit like pin the tail on the donkey.
It's set in stone in so much as the current political topic is for just the SE Qld region to adopt DST. S.E Qld is defined as NSW border North to the top of the Sunshine Coast & West as far as the Lockyer Valley. See map below:
Old Apr 16th 2010, 12:51 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Bligh has done a 180 degree backflip on this topic
No she hasn't...she's playing politics now.
Old Apr 16th 2010, 1:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

It's set in stone in so much as the current political topic is for just the SE Qld region to adopt DST. S.E Qld is defined as NSW border North to the top of the Sunshine Coast & West as far as the Lockyer Valley. See map below:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Q-councils.png
So Gympie will be in I take it from map and from earlier posts. As you said earlier it will effect people on the border more than others but after all these snapshot polls on the issue that they've used to avoid a referendum it's about time she put it to the full referendum and finds out what people really want. It could end up being another no vote in the long run but if it never happens we'll never know.
Old Apr 16th 2010, 1:34 pm

So Gympie will be in I take it from map and from earlier posts. As you said earlier it will effect people on the border more than others but after all these snapshot polls on the issue that they've used to avoid a referendum it's about time she put it to the full referendum and finds out what people really want. It could end up being another no vote in the long run but if it never happens we'll never know.
Nope the border is drawn just below Gympie, since regional restructuring We're not part of the Sunshine Coast.
As I said earlier the line runs from just North of Noosa
Old Apr 16th 2010, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nope the border is drawn just below Gympie, since regional restructuring We're not part of the Sunshine Coast.
As I said earlier the line runs from just North of Noosa
By North of Noosa I thought that included up there, but read about 50 threads since then and watched TV, listened to music and read some of a book so can't remember exactly what you put. You could vote in favour and then you'd be on same time as Noosa or move South if it comes in, other than that I daren't answer in case it's misconstrued...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.