Reload this Page >

Daylight Saving in Brisbane

Daylight Saving in Brisbane

Old Apr 11th 2004, 2:55 am
Forum Regular

Gold Coasters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Daylight Saving in Brisbane

Hi All,

What i would like to know is what time of the evening does it get dark in or around the Brisbane area.

Well i suppose i would like to know about it at different times of the year. Someone told me that it gets dark very early, is that correct?

Mark.
Old Apr 11th 2004, 3:10 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Daylight Saving in Brisbane

Originally posted by Gold Coasters
Hi All,

What i would like to know is what time of the evening does it get dark in or around the Brisbane area.

Well i suppose i would like to know about it at different times of the year. Someone told me that it gets dark very early, is that correct?

Mark.
About 5.15 in winter Jun jul etc and about 7.15 in mid summer dec jan. It is light about 4am in summer tho, very useful not, but nice and cool if you want to do stuff.

All the southerners and OS people moving here mean noises are being made about daylight saving again, but somehow I doubt it will come in. Genuine qlds dont want it, reckon its hot enough without adding to it at the end of the day, an argument I never really got because it does not cool down that much at night in mid summer anyway. Perhaps all the Poms coming out should start a daylight saving campaign. " Poms for daylight " should go down a treat
Old Apr 11th 2004, 3:13 am
ABCDiamond

Heres a web site that gives sunrise and sunset times anywhere.

http://www.ga.gov.au/nmd/geodesy/astro/sunrise.jsp

Old Apr 11th 2004, 3:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future

I heard one of the big arguments against Qld having daylight saving was because it faded your curtains!
Old Apr 11th 2004, 3:36 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Trevglas
I heard one of the big arguments against Qld having daylight saving was because it faded your curtains!
Dont forget it the cows would still be asleep at milking time

Theres a letter in a newspaper yesterday, saying how difficult it would be to get to work at 7am if we had daylight saving couldnt quite get that either, considering even with DS it would still be light just after 5am, surely it cant take 2 hours even with slip slop slap
Old Apr 11th 2004, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by dotty
Dont forget it the cows would still be asleep at milking time

Theres a letter in a newspaper yesterday, saying how difficult it would be to get to work at 7am if we had daylight saving couldnt quite get that either, considering even with DS it would still be light just after 5am, surely it cant take 2 hours even with slip slop slap

Thanks to all, i suppose the benefit that you have with the sunshine been so early is that you can make an early start to the day, espeacilly at the weekend.

Hope to be there soon.

Mark.
Old Apr 11th 2004, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

We have found that we wake up early and go to bed earlier than we did in the UK. Some of the shops open earlier and you will see people out power walking or dog walking at 5 AM!!!

It would be nicer in the Summer if they had Daylight saving.But some people are a bit backwards up here and think it means you lose an hour of the day There seems to be a debate on it in the local paper and I just chuckle at their excuses.
Old Apr 11th 2004, 11:41 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

As it is Australia in summer has at least 5 different time zones with WA being over 2 hours behind the east coast.

Qld had several referendums over the years and as 99.9% of referendums are defeated the government said that it would not happen again. All referendums were had during the previous conservative gov't and the strongest negative response was from country areas and Nth Qld tourist areas. However, it is a pain if you are trying to reach businesses in NSW and Vic, and find they have gone home.
Old Apr 11th 2004, 11:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by The Bloke
As it is Australia in summer has at least 5 different time zones with WA being over 2 hours behind the east coast.

Qld had several referendums over the years and as 99.9% of referendums are defeated the government said that it would not happen again. All referendums were had during the previous conservative gov't and the strongest negative response was from country areas and Nth Qld tourist areas. However, it is a pain if you are trying to reach businesses in NSW and Vic, and find they have gone home.

Hi,

Yeah, i can understand that, i dont think it is going to be a problem, i just wanted to know, roughly, at what time did it get dark, as someone had mentioned it to me some time ago, and i just remembered lately about it.

Thanks for all your replies.

Mark.