Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

day trip from brisvegas

day trip from brisvegas

Old Feb 4th 2004, 11:51 pm
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice
Default day trip from brisvegas

hi.

my gf and i want to head off and do something interesting this weekend for the day, somewhere around the brissie area, and i'm looking for inspiration (damn, it's my turn to make the decision). now bear in mind we are fairly young (early 20's) and have pretty much done most of the touristy stuff around here having been in brissie for over 4 years.

can anyone suggest something a little less touristy, but good to do all the same, something other than the beach....... yawn! just really want to spend a good day together before she heads north for two weeks.

cheers.
Old Feb 4th 2004, 11:54 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: day trip from brisvegas

Originally posted by brisnick
hi.

my gf and i want to head off and do something interesting this weekend for the day, somewhere around the brissie area, and i'm looking for inspiration (damn, it's my turn to make the decision). now bear in mind we are fairly young (early 20's) and have pretty much done most of the touristy stuff around here having been in brissie for over 4 years.

can anyone suggest something a little less touristy, but good to do all the same, something other than the beach....... yawn! just really want to spend a good day together before she heads north for two weeks.

cheers.
Here in Sydney we have various state forests. Mrs DUP and I like going for long walks there.

It would help if you gave some ideas of likes and dislikes - just because you're in your 20's doesn't mean that you want to do something energetic.
Old Feb 5th 2004, 12:10 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

hi.

cheers.

Could you hire or borrow a motorbike and head up to the Hinterland of the Gold or Sunshine Coast. I just love those twisty roads on a hot day you get up into the rainforest areas its all shady and cool, odd good pub like the Mapleton Tavern to stop off at. You often see a real Bikie gang out doing the same thing, so it cant be too touristy.

Or wet and wild waterslides just past Coomera, you might be an adult but its still a laugh.
Old Feb 5th 2004, 12:41 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

How about this:

http://www.ourbrisbane.com/whatson/e...s/1/62774.html
Old Feb 5th 2004, 1:24 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

hehe. we like sh*gging. lol.

but seriously, walking is good (we are having a weekend up in the bunya mountains sometime in march to do just that - well walking and the other thing we like doing).

just want to be in each others company away from the masses (aahhh, young love, hey). walking, swimming, relaxing, etc.

we did think about dreamworld/wet 'n' wild as neither of us have been, but i'd rather go there during the week when the brats are back at school, adn the uni students are too hungover to make the effort.......

Originally posted by downunderpom
Here in Sydney we have various state forests. Mrs DUP and I like going for long walks there.

It would help if you gave some ideas of likes and dislikes - just because you're in your 20's doesn't mean that you want to do something energetic.
Old Feb 5th 2004, 2:10 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Are you sure you don't want beaches, but with walks:

Have you tried walking around Noosa national park out to hells gate.. the further you walk the less people you will see. It's about the only place around here I think is beautiful for beach/cliff walks. Take a rucksack with a picnic and swimming stuff ( and fishing rods if you're into fishing) for the beaches along the way.

Or have you tried diving with the sharks at Sunshine coast (in a tank), or there's always Straddie for a day out.. you can have lunch in the pub over there overlooking the sea.. plenty to do. and plenty of walks over on the island.

cheers
Old Feb 5th 2004, 3:03 am
Forum Regular

topcat is an unknown quantity at this point

Any suggestions for trips around Brisbane easily accessible by public transport?

TC
Old Feb 5th 2004, 3:12 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by topcat
Any suggestions for trips around Brisbane easily accessible by public transport?

TC

http://www.transinfo.qld.gov.au/qt/P...itySights.pdf/$file/CitySights.pdf
Old Feb 5th 2004, 5:47 am
Drunken Aussie

just fancied something different from the beach for a change (malloollaba, maroochydore, gold coast, byron, etc) . we've done the noosa walks before, and i've been up the glass house mountains and sunshine coast hinterland so many times (every time anyone from the uk comes to visit i end up there!!!). thought maybe springbrook national park. can't remember off hand if the gf has been that way. will check tonight.

any other ideas?

Originally posted by Ceri
Are you sure you don't want beaches, but with walks:
Old Feb 5th 2004, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

queenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant future

just fancied something different from the beach for a change (malloollaba, maroochydore, gold coast, byron, etc) . we've done the noosa walks before, and i've been up the glass house mountains and sunshine coast hinterland so many times (every time anyone from the uk comes to visit i end up there!!!). thought maybe springbrook national park. can't remember off hand if the gf has been that way. will check tonight.

any other ideas?
I think you just hit on one of the main problems of the area, there is not much else!

QUeenie
Old Feb 5th 2004, 8:46 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

What about Mt Tambourine? Lots of galleries, wineries, that sort of thing. Or Lamington National Park? Springbrook National Park - Natural arch or the glow worm caves? What about Toowoomba? Lots of lovely picturesque gardens & lookouts to walk around/picnic at. Jondaryn Woolshed? (a bit far but lots of fun & quite authentic for a tourist attraction ) Australian Woolshed at Ferny Grove? Warwick/Killarney area? What about Stanthorpe, some lovely wineries etc out there.

Lots more ideas but it really does depend on what you like - apart from sh*gging that is .
Old Feb 5th 2004, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

jinxnkay is on a distinguished road

hi.

cheers.
what about tincan bay where the wild dolphins swim in to the bay
we got there for 7am and there was only a handful of people.
you wade into the water and they swim around you. i loved it