Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Day Light Savings not far away now....

Day Light Savings not far away now....

Old Oct 12th 2005, 5:52 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Day Light Savings not far away now....

and I CANT WAIT!!!

This is probably the only reason other than my family as to why I didnt move to Brissy!!

I adore Qld and would live there in a heartbeat again....but I really would miss the long evenings we get here in Vic....

So, roll on summer and the long evenings in my new back garden
Old Oct 12th 2005, 5:55 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Day Light Savings not far away now....

Originally Posted by Hels
and I CANT WAIT!!!

This is probably the only reason other than my family as to why I didnt move to Brissy!!

I adore Qld and would live there in a heartbeat again....but I really would miss the long evenings we get here in Vic....

So, roll on summer and the long evenings in my new back garden
Ahh....but at least our cows don't get traumatised and the furniture don't get discoulred

God knows I feel sorry for your poor animals....and hell only knows what a state your furniture's in
Old Oct 12th 2005, 6:01 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
Ahh....but at least our cows don't get traumatised and the furniture don't get discoulred

God knows I feel sorry for your poor animals....and hell only knows what a state your furniture's in

My cat is as mad as a cut snake....but thats NOTHING to do with what time the clocks are at!! hehe

As for my furniture??? Got no idea as its not been delivered from the showroom yet!!
Old Oct 12th 2005, 6:02 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

I used to have a place in the South of France and we let friends use it when we weren't. We also got them to fill in a log of their trip, in particular to mention restaurants and trips that we hadn't done before. Anyway a work colleague of mine went and when we read his journal afterwards we wet ourselves laughing. He had put that they found it difficult to sleep the first week due to the time difference with the UK!! Can you imagin if they ever visited us in Aus :scared:
Old Oct 12th 2005, 6:10 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

As for my furniture??? Got no idea as its not been delivered from the showroom yet!!
Ahh yes...but it wont last you know Hels.

Not with all that daylight pouring through the windas

[congrats on the posh des res BTW ]
Old Oct 12th 2005, 7:20 am
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

All daylight savings does for Qld is stuff up the TV times as everything on austar starts an hour early.
Old Oct 12th 2005, 7:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Del Boy
All daylight savings does for Qld is stuff up the TV times as everything on austar starts an hour early.

Sshhh :scared: we dont watch TV out here
Old Oct 12th 2005, 7:25 am
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Sshhh :scared: we dont watch TV out here
whoops...forgot.....I'm off for a swim then a long walk on the hills then, followed by a bbq and a nice relax on the verandah wrestling the mossies....just hope it doesn't rain
Old Oct 12th 2005, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

ChadW will become famous soon enough

Just out of interest what are the daylight hours like say in the north and south of Oz compared to the UK?

Are they the same for the winter and summer seasons or are the days just generally 'longer' ALL year round down there?

While I am down there, the clocks go back in the UK and due to travelling in 2 different time zonex in Oz (one of which has daylight saving as discussed above) then I now that things are goning to get well complicated!
Old Oct 12th 2005, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChadW
Just out of interest what are the daylight hours like say in the north and south of Oz compared to the UK?

Are they the same for the winter and summer seasons or are the days just generally 'longer' ALL year round down there?

While I am down there, the clocks go back in the UK and due to travelling in 2 different time zonex in Oz (one of which has daylight saving as discussed above) then I now that things are goning to get well complicated!

Hi all,
I was also wondering whilst trying to get out of bed in the dark. In Brisbane what time in the morning in winter does it get light is it still 4am like summer or not?
Thanks
KAZ
Old Oct 12th 2005, 10:01 am
over the cuckoo's nest

Slater will become famous soon enoughSlater will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz

Sorry I just don't get it regarding the cows, it is the reason Qld doesn't have daylight saving. Dawn and dusk happen every day irrespective of what time the clock says, and if cows need to be fed or whatever an hour after dawn just do it! it ain't complicated. I really miss the light evenings, being able to have some quality time with the children, playing sport etc and generally helping them let off a bit of steam after a days study. Also a good reason to change is that you don't have to put the lights/TV/Computer on so early, therefore more environmentaly friendly if you know what I mean.

Slater
Old Oct 12th 2005, 10:14 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Slater
Sorry I just don't get it regarding the cows, it is the reason Qld doesn't have daylight saving. Dawn and dusk happen every day irrespective of what time the clock says, and if cows need to be fed or whatever an hour after dawn just do it! it ain't complicated. I really miss the light evenings, being able to have some quality time with the children, playing sport etc and generally helping them let off a bit of steam after a days study. Also a good reason to change is that you don't have to put the lights/TV/Computer on so early, therefore more environmentaly friendly if you know what I mean.

Slater

I was living in Brissy when they had the Daylight Saves Referendum. It was just bizarre the reasons some of the more "simple folk" gave for not voting it in.

Things like confusing the cows etc. Also the hour of extra daylight would fade curtains/furniture/carpet etc.

Honestly, it was a JOKE that people could be so ignorant...but then it is Qld....
Old Oct 12th 2005, 10:18 am
Account Closed

Slater

Actually, I just did a search on it...and it looks like its on the discussion boards again!!

http://www.thecouriermail.news.com.a...5E3102,00.html
Old Oct 12th 2005, 10:19 am
over the cuckoo's nest

Slater will become famous soon enoughSlater will become famous soon enough

I was living in Brissy when they had the Daylight Saves Referendum. It was just bizarre the reasons some of the more "simple folk" gave for not voting it in.

Things like confusing the cows etc. Also the hour of extra daylight would fade curtains/furniture/carpet etc.

Honestly, it was a JOKE that people could be so ignorant...but then it is Qld....

perhaps they should try again, it's much more sofistimicated here now, like what I am.

Slater
Old Oct 12th 2005, 10:21 am
Account Closed

perhaps they should try again, it's much more sofistimicated here now, like what I am.

Slater

Looks like you all need to get on to your friendly local Coalition MP's and tell them.....

Afraid they wont be nearly as sofistimicated as you are tho...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.