Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Day I Really Smiled

The Day I Really Smiled

Old May 3rd 2003, 12:38 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Day I Really Smiled

We arrived back in Aus, Sydney, last Sunday as official PR.

We collected the Visa in London in person, it was quite moving for me as they put my daughters visa in first, moving for me because we had been refused a temp 457 on the basis of her being partially deaf just eight months earlier and we were already living and working in the country then. She has an interesting passport now including visas stating she cannot work or leave the country!

The lady at the counter said people normally cried at the bad news!

So over two years worth of wait from original Application date April 2001 we are in! My thanks also go to George Lombard (posts on the other British Expat usenet connected forum) for his excellent advice, total charge $50. The other pack of miserable buggers who call themselves migration agents can go swing including one appointed by my work. We actually got a call from them asking our advice on the process for a child with a disability!!!! More fool us we paid them upfront ...well we live and learn....and at least I am laughing about it now.

Just wanted to share my happiness...I hope this pic comes out.

We are now on to our next challenge finalising the sale of house in UK and buying here.......and the next challenge......and the next...not everything is set in stone for our next few years but we are having a hell of time enjoying all the ups and downs now.

Cheers Sandra
Attached Thumbnails The Day I Really Smiled-kif_0476.jpg  

Last edited by Sandra; May 3rd 2003 at 12:43 am.
Old May 3rd 2003, 12:55 am
Forum Regular

BCBOY is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Day I Really Smiled

Originally posted by Sandra

We collected the Visa in London in person, it was quite moving for me as they put my daughters visa in first, moving for me because we had been refused a temp 457 on the basis of her being partially deaf just eight months earlier and we were already living and working in the country then. She has an interesting passport now including visas stating she cannot work or leave the country!

So over two years worth of wait from original Application date April 2001 we are in! My thanks also go to George Lombard (posts on the other British Expat usenet connected forum) for his excellent advice, total charge $50. The other pack of miserable buggers who call themselves migration agents can go swing including one appointed by my work. We actually got a call from them asking our advice on the process for a child with a disability!!!! More fool us we paid them upfront ...well we live and learn....and at least I am laughing about it now.

We are now on to our next challenge finalising the sale of house in UK and buying here.......and the next challenge......and the next...not everything is set in stone for our next few years but we are having a hell of time enjoying all the ups and downs now.

Cheers Sandra
Hey Sandra, nice little story there....good luck for the future...
Old May 3rd 2003, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

megawho is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers Sandra
Nice one Sandra...good luck!
Old May 3rd 2003, 5:59 am
kkyliecuteass

Nice photo!
Nice to hear good news.
good luck
x

Old May 3rd 2003, 6:20 am
Finally made it

Paul and Steph is an unknown quantity at this point

That's great news Sandra, enjoy your new life.

Steph
Old May 3rd 2003, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

NinaU is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers Sandra
Good Luck Sandra !. Hope all your dreams and wishes come true.

Best Wishes
Nina
Old May 3rd 2003, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

andie is an unknown quantity at this point

well done lots of luck to you all. :PARTY: :PARTY:
Old May 3rd 2003, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers Sandra
Hi Sandra

Love the photo - quite an emotioanal story and an EXCELLENT photo which sums up the whole story.

Good luck

Terry
Old May 3rd 2003, 9:36 am
ems
Forum Regular

ems is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sandra
Good luck ! lovely photo, I hope your new life works out for you,

Em
Old May 3rd 2003, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sandra

Thanks for the tale. Good luck to you all.

All the best.

footie chick
Old May 3rd 2003, 11:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Atticus will become famous soon enough

good luck in your new life
Old May 3rd 2003, 2:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sindy is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations Hope all works out well for you

Sindy
Old May 3rd 2003, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

karen and andy is an unknown quantity at this point

No worries now mates, nice photo.

Cheers

Karen and Andy
Old Jul 13th 2003, 12:39 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Congratulations

Hi Sandra,
Congrarulations, I hope everything is still going well for you. A lovely moving story. I am also partially deaf in one ear and i had no idea that they could refuse a visa based on that.
Anyway the very best of luck for the future
Kind regards
Ace
Old Jul 13th 2003, 7:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Congratulations and best wishes for your futures
regards rach, mark and chanelle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.