A day with AQIS

Old Jan 31st 2006, 3:10 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default A day with AQIS

I did my first days casula work today unloading a forty foot container full of teachest size boxes from seven seas , freedom and anglo pacific.

These were unloaded straight into a mobile xray unit.

I saw them open golf clubs, they looked at the first one if it was clean no problem if not two-three squirts of some insecticide and a large bill.

It was the same with the bikes.

I was supposed to work 8.30 to 4.00 the AQIS guys were in a rush so we broke our backs doing it quicker hence I only got paid until 3.00.

The moral being the harder you work the less you get paid
Old Jan 31st 2006, 3:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A day with AQIS

Great to see you found something mate...

How were your workmates, Freindly I hope ?

Re the moral

Slowest workers at Apost get the most Overtime.

Old Jan 31st 2006, 3:17 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Great to see you found something mate...

Re the moral

Slowest workers at Apost get the most Overtime.

Thanks mate, it was just a day but hey it's some cash coming in instead of out

I wouldn't have minded it so much if I was coming home to somewhere nice and could have stopped somewhere for a beer on the way home
Old Jan 31st 2006, 5:01 am

Sorry mate missed that bit, I was mainly with one guy in the back of the container who had a big fleece on, but yeah he was a nice guy
Old Jan 31st 2006, 5:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
Sorry mate missed that bit, I was mainly with one guy in the back of the container who had a big fleece on, but yeah he was a nice guy

back from doing the kids stuff now.

Being a tradie mate.... Like a couple of my freinds, if things start going well for you. You could be in a place like this in 10-15 years time... Plus it's here in Melbourne.

Just though I'd whet your appetite, and start pushing the optimism side of things..

Acorns and small beginnings etc etc...

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...=&fmt=&header=

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jan 31st 2006 at 5:36 am.
Old Jan 31st 2006, 5:51 am

back from doing the kids stuff now.

Being a tradie mate.... Like a couple of my freinds, if things start going well for you. You could be in a place like this in 10-15 years time... Plus it's here in Melbourne.

Just though I'd whet your appetite, and start pushing the optimism side of things..

Acorns and small beginnings etc etc...

Yep we'd already seen that one, It'd be nice to have smething to look at on the drive home so i could thin to myself that I may of humped boxes all day but there's the beach, all I saw were oil refineries and warehouses
Old Jan 31st 2006, 5:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by fraser
Yep we'd already seen that one, It'd be nice to have smething to look at on the drive home so i could thin to myself that I may of humped boxes all day but there's the beach, all I saw were oil refineries and warehouses

Actually it can get worse, there's a big abatoirs, at the end of the western ring rd, and westgate freeway and princess highway intersection. It's one of the worst smells I've ever encoutered.

Not good sceneary over that west part of town, in certain spots.

No worse than around blackwall tunnell area of london though ?

To be truthful, the drive in on the Hume highway from Sydney to Melbourne, must be the most disappointing gateway to any city in Aussie. (until you hit Coburg lol)
Old Jan 31st 2006, 6:08 am

No worse than around blackwall tunnell area of london though ?
But that's the whole point isn't it mate it's no worse and not much different, not what I relocated for and that's it in a nutshell.

It isn't that bad in Point Cook at all, just not worth moving 10k miles for.
Old Jan 31st 2006, 6:17 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Sory to butt in, but what sort of journey into the CBD would you have in rush hour from that place? Is there a train line in?

Being out West I had the perception that anything over East with a location like that would be at least double that sort of money.
Steve
Old Jan 31st 2006, 6:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by steve99
Sory to butt in, but what sort of journey into the CBD would you have in rush hour from that place? Is there a train line in?

Being out West I had the perception that anything over East with a location like that would be at least double that sort of money.
Steve
About 45 mins by train from Carrum I think, I dont live down that way, so not too sure.

Zone 3 so about 17 bucks return per day.

I'd have to have a 300,000 plus mortgage to get that presently, at my age I'm not interested in that kind of debt. If I were 20 years younger maybe.

You'll be starting off in a much bigger house though Fraser eh,

I think I would advise people to start out renting closer in though
Old Jan 31st 2006, 6:44 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

About 45 mins by train from Carrum I think, I dont live down that way, so not too sure.

Zone 3 so about 17 bucks return per day.

I'd have to have a 300,000 plus mortgage to get that presently, at my age I'm not interested in that kind of debt. If I were 20 years younger maybe.

You'll be starting off in a much bigger house though Fraser eh,

I think I would advise people to start out renting closer in though
Cheers,
Just intersted to see what you can get for your $ in other cities, as I said before I had a perception that living in a property/location like that with a reasonable commute of Melbourne would of been a lot more expensive than that.

This is about as comparable as I can find from over here in WA:
its 30KM further from the CBD (although I think travel time will prob be almost the same once the new railway line is complete)

Steve
Old Jan 31st 2006, 6:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Cheers,
Just intersted to see what you can get for your $ in other cities, as I said before I had a perception that living in a property/location like that with a reasonable commute of Melbourne would of been a lot more expensive than that.

This is about as comparable as I can find from over here in WA:
its 30KM further from the CBD (although I think travel time will prob be almost the same once the new railway line is complete)

Steve

Dont forget the almost mandatory boat, Circa 80,000 AUD,

Some nice places around though, and just within reach of a sizeable pct of people.
Old Jan 31st 2006, 7:02 am
Living in Perthection

Dont forget the almost mandatory boat, Circa 80,000 AUD,

Some nice places around though, and just within reach of a sizeable pct of people.
Good point gotta factor the boat into the equation, there was a nice one being reviewed on a boating program I caught a bit of over the weekend. I think the starting price for the boat was about $460K :scared:

Surerly if you;ve got that sort of money to splash on a boat you've probably already got one and arent sitting in front of the TV on a sunday arvo deciding what to go for

They should of reviewed dinghy's with oars, might of been more up my street
Old Jan 31st 2006, 7:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Good point gotta factor the boat into the equation, there was a nice one being reviewed on a boating program I caught a bit of over the weekend. I think the starting price for the boat was about $460K :scared:

Surerly if you;ve got that sort of money to splash on a boat you've probably already got one and arent sitting in front of the TV on a sunday arvo deciding what to go for

They should of reviewed dinghy's with oars, might of been more up my street

Lol mine too,

Mind you if you did own a boat, you would have a chance of Avoiding AQIS
Old Jan 31st 2006, 7:42 am

Lol mine too,

Mind you if you did own a boat, you would have a chance of Avoiding AQIS
Especially as you wouldn't have to hump boxes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.