Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Dave passed his course!

Dave passed his course!

Old Sep 20th 2003, 7:30 am
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of
Default Dave passed his course!

Hi
Just thought I would tell you that Dave passed his gas course, so now he is a fully fledged Australian gas fitter!!!(kinda new that after 27 years in the industry).
Passed with 95% and 96% theory and practical!

If anybody wants any info on the gas course, let us know! because they will be soon doubling the length of the course, at the moment they only run 4 times a year, so if you are unlucky like Dave you may miss getting on a course and have to wait another 3 months!!!

Didn't like to dampen his spirits, but I did mention the word "WORK"

hope that follows soon!!!!

c-ya Yve
Old Sep 20th 2003, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

nice one

it's easy to take offence at the ozzie attitude but in the broarder outlook it does ensure the end user (customer) get a plumber when they phone a plumber..

as you know we have corgi so if he stayed here he would have to retake that every five yrs anyway..

however

hopefully that will get the phone ringing...

cheers

rchard
Old Sep 20th 2003, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

jwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura about

Congratulations !!!

How long has it taken him?

My Husband is a self employed plumbing & Heating Eng in the uk Corgi Reg. CITB Qualified C & G Qualified. etc and I have been trying to find out without much success how long it will take him to get his licence in Oz.

Do they take into account UK Quals?

I would really appreciate some advice

Thanks

Jacquie
Old Sep 20th 2003, 7:40 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Well done, hope you manage to get him out to work soon!
Old Sep 20th 2003, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of

Originally posted by jwinch
Congratulations !!!

How long has it taken him?

My Husband is a self employed plumbing & Heating Eng in the uk Corgi Reg. CITB Qualified C & G Qualified. etc and I have been trying to find out without much success how long it will take him to get his licence in Oz.

Do they take into account UK Quals?

I would really appreciate some advice

Thanks

Jacquie

Hi Jacquie, dave here
The gas fitting course is 5 weeks at the moment but we had a talk with the energy safety(Corgi) guy over here and he said that
next year course will double as they are trying to come up to our uk standards.
They dont really take into account our uk qualifications, but you have the option of not doing first course, just the exams at the end of it,but you still have to pay the full price .
Have got to go out to a barbi now with some mates from the course, if you send us a PM with your email, i will give you more details.

speak to you soon

Dave & yve
Old Sep 20th 2003, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Dave & Yve

Congratualtions on passing the course. Nigel wants to know if you need a mate, he says he has his own drill !!!

Oh well off to work you go now. Hope you had a nice barbie.

Bye for now

Tracie & Nigel xxx
Old Sep 20th 2003, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Great news Yve and Dave.

I bet you are enjoying your time out there more now the weather is Spring like. Shame about having to work though, it is catching this not working lark!
Old Sep 20th 2003, 5:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dave passed his course!

Originally posted by abergas
Hi
Just thought I would tell you that Dave passed his gas course, so now he is a fully fledged Australian gas fitter!!!(kinda new that after 27 years in the industry).
Passed with 95% and 96% theory and practical!

If anybody wants any info on the gas course, let us know! because they will be soon doubling the length of the course, at the moment they only run 4 times a year, so if you are unlucky like Dave you may miss getting on a course and have to wait another 3 months!!!

Didn't like to dampen his spirits, but I did mention the word "WORK"

hope that follows soon!!!!

c-ya Yve
Congratulations to Dave!
well done

best regards
rach, mark and chanelle
Old Sep 20th 2003, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

karen and andy is an unknown quantity at this point

congratulations Dave,

Hope the work starts rolling in.