Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Davallia Rd, Duncraig, Perth

Davallia Rd, Duncraig, Perth

Old Apr 12th 2005, 11:34 am
woooohoooo!

kate has a spectacular aura aboutkate has a spectacular aura aboutkate has a spectacular aura about
Red face Davallia Rd, Duncraig, Perth

HEY, its a long shot, does anyone relate to this, i used to live there when i was small. going back soon, all i remember was the automatic reticulation (pls excuse spellin), thick grass and maize type crisps which i think were called burglurs and a big yellow double swing thing and washing the car in the rain (and running away from the red backs!) :scared: whats it like now, im going there to start then to Sydney

Last edited by kate; Apr 12th 2005 at 12:30 pm.
Old Apr 12th 2005, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Davallia Rd, Duncraig, Perth

Originally Posted by kate
HEY, its a long shot, used to live there when i was small. going back soon, all i remember was the automatic reticulation (pls excuse spellin), thick grass and maize type crisps which i think were called burglurs and a big yellow double swing thing and washing the car in the rain (and running away from the red backs!) :scared:
Whats your question?
Old Apr 12th 2005, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

Tonyonthemove is an unknown quantity at this point

The wifes parents live round the corner in Sycamore Drive if you need to know anything. Perhaps....
Old Apr 12th 2005, 12:28 pm
woooohoooo!

kate has a spectacular aura aboutkate has a spectacular aura aboutkate has a spectacular aura about
Cool Re: Davallia Rd, Duncraig, Perth

hey, no question, just wanted to know if anyone related to it, im going back to visit and have no idea what to expect except chidhood memories
Old Apr 12th 2005, 1:08 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kate
hey, no question, just wanted to know if anyone related to it, im going back to visit and have no idea what to expect except chidhood memories
Oh that's very cool!

I am now living back here after being gone for 8 years(was 14 when left).

I think you mean Burger Rings?
Do you remember cheezels?

I came for a visit in 2000 also, but that was very short. It's so cool now seeing things I haven't seen for nearly 10 years or more and actually recognising them.
Sooooo wierd/bizarre seeing kids from highschool, who are now all around 23! Like guys who I was to shy to speak too, and now can just talk normally with, and they remember me
Or my brothers old classmates, now about 21!! Spoke to one the other week, and he rememberd my brother he he
8 years is ages when you're this age!!!

I think I know the type of swing thing you mean too...Like people had in there backyards? Green poles, yellow swings?

We lived all over WA(Kalamunda and Maida Vale in Perth), and it's wierd seeing places again, and also where we used to visit, like Hillary's(Mawson Park, whitfords city was much smaller back then) and Guildford where we had friends!

I can relate

How long have you been away, and how old were you when you left?

When I was here in 2000, I went to my old houses in Kalamunda and Bridgetown to have a look around. Couldn't really look around the garden without looking suspicious, so knocked on the door and explained the situation! At both houses we were invited in to have a look around!!! Can't believe I dared to do it, but it was sooo worth it!
The house in Kalamunda, where we lived 88-90 seemed soooo small

Last edited by Simone; Apr 12th 2005 at 1:12 pm.
Old Apr 12th 2005, 1:17 pm
woooohoooo!

Smile Re: Davallia Rd, Duncraig, Perth

hello! i cant remember the name of the chrisp things, the taste gets in my nose sometimes, smells, colour, sensations, loads of memories like that.im 27, i left when i was 4, havent been back yet.the swing was tall, shaped like a kite with a face or sun on it. the people who used to live over the road are still there, and my first boyfrind Paul (he was 3). im saving up at the mo and cant wait to get back! thanks, nice positve response!
x
Old Apr 12th 2005, 1:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

Simone

Dont suppose you ever came across Tammy Macpherson when you lived in Maida Vale, she'd be about your age.

Just being nosey

Lynn
Old Apr 12th 2005, 1:25 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnj
Simone

Dont suppose you ever came across Tammy Macpherson when you lived in Maida Vale, she'd be about your age.

Just being nosey

Lynn
Nope....
Only lived in Maida Vale for 6 months in 1987(was 5). Went to Dawson Park preschool in Forrestfield. Then took off for 4 month trip around Oz, and moved into Kalamunda when we got back.

Wow Kate, amazing you can remember stuff!
I was 5 when we moved to Australia, only have a couple of memories from before that, not much at all!