Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

daughter starts college and now doesnt want to come with us ! help needed!

daughter starts college and now doesnt want to come with us ! help needed!

Old Sep 14th 2007, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

sarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to all
Default daughter starts college and now doesnt want to come with us ! help needed!

ARGH !! daughter aged 16 yrs has just started her college coarse in child care, she reluctantly went ahead and started because i didnt want her to bum around the house until we leave on 5th January o8, so she started it and was going to happily start afresh in Australia,we are heading to the Goldcoast, NOW after just one day she doesnt want to leave and she wants to finish her coarse in England and then join us,natrually we dont want this as she is only just 16 yrs and no where to stay,
please can any-one help with advice as to what coarses i can look up and what colleges in Goldcoast does childcare, i have tried looking up a few with no luck (unless im looking in the wrong place)
sarahlou
Old Sep 14th 2007, 5:37 pm
Account Closed

annabella is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: daughter starts college and now doesnt want to come with us ! help needed!

Originally Posted by sarahlou
ARGH !! daughter aged 16 yrs has just started her college coarse in child care, she reluctantly went ahead and started because i didnt want her to bum around the house until we leave on 5th January o8, so she started it and was going to happily start afresh in Australia,we are heading to the Goldcoast, NOW after just one day she doesnt want to leave and she wants to finish her coarse in England and then join us,natrually we dont want this as she is only just 16 yrs and no where to stay,
please can any-one help with advice as to what coarses i can look up and what colleges in Goldcoast does childcare, i have tried looking up a few with no luck (unless im looking in the wrong place)
sarahlou
Methinks that when she gets one look at the Gold Coast Hampshire and her course will rapidly become a far distant memory........
Old Sep 14th 2007, 6:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of
Default Re: daughter starts college and now doesnt want to come with us ! help needed!

This may help?

http://www.communities.qld.gov.au/childcare/workingcc/
Old Sep 14th 2007, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

sarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere
thankyou iwannabethere ,will look into this,thankyou
sarahlou
Old Sep 15th 2007, 3:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

sarahlou
Tell her the colleges down-under are really cool and totally sick (is that the right term?); that coupled with the far better lifestyle options she will have should swing it for you?
Old Sep 15th 2007, 4:24 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

That's 'course'.
Old Sep 15th 2007, 5:17 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

sent you a PM
Claire
x
sarahlou
Old Sep 15th 2007, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sally
That's 'course'.
eh !.............. oh are you picking out one spelling mistake :
Old Sep 15th 2007, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bobcat
Tell her the colleges down-under are really cool and totally sick (is that the right term?); that coupled with the far better lifestyle options she will have should swing it for you?
Thankyou Bobcat i will tell her and fingers crossed,they cant see further than the end of their noses at times and dont realise that the move benefits them in the long run and we are doing this for our future as a family !
thankyou
Old Sep 19th 2007, 12:03 am
BE Enthusiast

doub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud of

http://www.goldcoast.tafe.qld.gov.au...&search=Submit
Old Sep 19th 2007, 12:19 am
BE Enthusiast

doub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud of

http://www.studygoldcoast.org.au/
http://www.schoolies.com/2007/

that should help!
Old Sep 19th 2007, 9:25 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute

Tell her to save herself the hassle of getting her UK qual assessed in Aus by doing an Aus qual in the first place.

If her course isn't on the State list then good luck with the assessment.

Also, my wife (NNEB) informs me things are different here vis-a-vis the approach to kids. I'm saying nothing more.

Link for approved quals in Queensland.

http://www.communities.qld.gov.au/ch...ons-2-year.pdf

Ian
Old Sep 19th 2007, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Stella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to all

Yep doing it here will save a whole load of hassle with getting qualifications assessed. There are so many childcare centres out here she'll have no problem getting a traineeship sorted. And yes once she gets here she'll soon forget about the UK.

The Gold Coast TAFE is probably your best bet although you can apply directly to chains like ABC.
http://www.goldcoast.tafe.qld.gov.au...ion=Humanities

She'd start with a Certificate III in Children's Services http://www.goldcoast.tafe.qld.gov.au...?courseid=3010

Last edited by Stella340; Sep 19th 2007 at 9:40 am.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

excellent link - thankyou for your help,we shall be able to get somewhere with this i think
Old Sep 19th 2007, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Stella340
Yep doing it here will save a whole load of hassle with getting qualifications assessed. There are so many childcare centres out here she'll have no problem getting a traineeship sorted. And yes once she gets here she'll soon forget about the UK.

The Gold Coast TAFE is probably your best bet although you can apply directly to chains like ABC.
http://www.goldcoast.tafe.qld.gov.au...ion=Humanities

She'd start with a Certificate III in Children's Services http://www.goldcoast.tafe.qld.gov.au...?courseid=3010
thankyou also stella, ive shown my reluctant daughter all thie information that you all have kindly sent and i think we are getting some-where now,the links where very helpful
sarahlou

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.