Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

daughter starting school

daughter starting school

Old Jul 1st 2006, 6:09 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold
Default daughter starting school

Hi all, just arrived Monday 26th and running about like a nutter at the mo. Does anyone know my daughter who will be 6 in December, will she be able to start school after the holidays? she has been used to being at school full time. if she does go to kindergarten will it just be half day?? any help appreciated

thanks alot dawn xxx
Old Jul 1st 2006, 7:02 am
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: daughter starting school

Originally Posted by Dawn
Hi all, just arrived Monday 26th and running about like a nutter at the mo. Does anyone know my daughter who will be 6 in December, will she be able to start school after the holidays? she has been used to being at school full time. if she does go to kindergarten will it just be half day?? any help appreciated

thanks alot dawn xxx
Hi Dawn
Your daughter will be able to start pre-primary (full-time) after the holidays. Just had a thought, do you mean the winter hols ie. in a weeks time? She will start Year 1 after the summer hols at the end of Jan. Let me know if you've any other questions (my youngest just started Yr1 this year.)
Tracey
Old Jul 1st 2006, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

Hafan is on a distinguished road

thanks alot dawn xxx

If you are in Perth, your daughter will go into Pre-primary. Its full time, but not compulsory and you will have to contact your local school to see if they have any places - probably be a waiting list..... Next year, year one is the first compulsory year.
Old Jul 1st 2006, 7:23 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

thanks alot dawn xxx

In NSW your daughter would be in Kindergarten at the moment (full time) and would start year 1 after Christmas.

HTH

Rach xxxx
Old Jul 1st 2006, 10:33 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Dawn,

We're in Brisbane,) my youngest is 5 on 31st July & will start year 1 in Feb 2007.

Donna.