Reload this Page >

DASP anyone got a payout?

DASP anyone got a payout?

Old Oct 17th 2011, 7:23 am
Just Joined

milkalex is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DASP anyone got a payout?

Hi,

I am currently trying to get my super back, but its bloody difficult. I applied online which just resulted in getting an email from Australian Super with a form I have to fill out. They also request certified copies of

- passport
- departure and arrival stamp
- evidence of canceled visa

I do not have an arrival stamp cause I got a new passport and my WHV is not physically in my passport, it's electronically. All I've got is an email from the DIAC with the confirmation that my temp visa has been canceled.

I contacted australian super and told them that I don't have the arrival stamp. They said I need to request a "certificate of immigration status" for about 100 bucks from the DIAC, but the DIAC said that form is only for $5000 or more in super funds and they said a departure stamp is all I need.

My question, did anybody get their super back? Why they make so complicated? I only got around $1200 after tax back but it would cost me almost $300 to get the paperwork done and a day off from work (another $150 gone) to go to the nearest consulate. Maybe they want that people simply give up

Thanks for your help!

Alex