Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Darwin to Earth....do you read me?? over.

Wikiposts

Darwin to Earth....do you read me?? over.

Old Aug 2nd 2004, 8:35 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the other side Loose

Glad you got here safely and hope you enjoyed your reunion with Kylie
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 9:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Glad to hear you made it OK Loose !!

Know nothing about Darwin so looking forward to you filling us in (so to speak !!)
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 12:01 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

About bloody time too! Honestly, you've been there for days without posting Have to admit we did sort of miss you. My life no longer has any purpose since resigning from my post as Loose's PA.

Good to see you back though, and glad you got there safely in the end. And consider yourself lucky it feels like a holiday! I'd kill for a break right now.

Jimmy Barnes is an institution. Working Class Man and all that. Not my taste, but you get sucked into these things living on a sheep station with a load of ocker blokes....
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 4:12 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Darwin to Earth....do you read me?? over.

Originally posted by loose

When I flew over I camevia Perth and when I told the lady at the airport I was going to Darwin she laughed and asked why! Not the most reassuring start you can get. Its not that bad though.

Just imagine what they'll do when I say Nundle!
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 4:48 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Darwin as a city aint much chop, but short drives to Litchfield Park and onto the Adelaide River are just bloody fantastic.

Then there is Katherine Gorge and Kakadu National Park

Siren's b/h
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 8:18 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by hevs
Me and my mate used to hoon around Perth and Freo at 2am with the "two fires" tape (yes, tape!!) blaring from the car window.
Were cassettes invented then ?
Sure you don't mean 8 track Hevs ?
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 8:20 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Loose,

I asked about Darwin on another thread but see I shall be able to find out on this one.

Do they play duelling banjos ?
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 8:26 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll try listen to some of his stuff but everytime someone has tried to sing me one of his tracks it sounds like they've caught something in their zipper!! :scared:

Thats ok, thats exactly how Jimmy sounds.....

But us Aussies...we love 'im......
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 11:40 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Bix
Were cassettes invented then ?
Sure you don't mean 8 track Hevs ?
8 track?? whats an 8 track

We're talking about 1990 here bixey boy, not 1960
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 12:04 pm
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by bundy
About bloody time too! Honestly, you've been there for days without posting Have to admit we did sort of miss you. My life no longer has any purpose since resigning from my post as Loose's PA.

Good to see you back though, and glad you got there safely in the end. And consider yourself lucky it feels like a holiday! I'd kill for a break right now.

Jimmy Barnes is an institution. Working Class Man and all that. Not my taste, but you get sucked into these things living on a sheep station with a load of ocker blokes....
Aww, well you know I missed you too, and the position of as my P.A. is always open to you.

Now come sit on my knee while I dictate a letter.
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 12:15 pm
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the good wishes and useful info guys, its much appreciated.

I've been to Lichfield and up to a few of the water holes (Berry Springs etc) and I've gotta admit they're pretty gorgeous. Something non human decided to nibble my leg at Berry springs which was a bit unsettling. I'd like to say I reacted like the typical tough Yorkshire man, but I'm afraid I went all cockney and shot out of the water flipper style!

Darwins pretty cool, I like the laid back friendliness of the people, and the markets are amazing. The food is just stunning with treats from every corner of asia. The weather is taking some getting use to. A 10 minute kick around had me passing out but hopefully I'll get used to it before the build up. Heard bad things about the build up (the period leading up to the wet season), when apparently even the locals go a bit loopy (er). Saw the wet season storms on my last visit here, and they are pretty spectacular. We sat on the harbour eating barramundi and chips watching the mother of all electrical storms out to sea.

Tried to find a football team to play for, but apparently you've got to be carful cos most of the teams are run by warring greek families and it can get a bit tasty! Reckon the grattan League in Bradford will have prepared me well for that though.

Kylies bimbling off to work through the day, so I'm left to my own devices a little, but there seems to be plenty of work, especially with all the tourists around so will hopefully find something soon.

Anyway its lunchtime soon, so reckon I'll go for a walk and see if I cn find this Sportsman pub. Nothing to do with the lunchtime strippers of course......ahem.

ta ta

Old Aug 3rd 2004, 7:22 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Look familar?
Berry Springs about 6 years ago... I haven't had the pleasure myself yet but looking forward to an "around Oz" drive at some point. Hopefully when the kids are too old to want to come LOL.

Siren
Attached Thumbnails Darwin to Earth....do you read me?? over.-berry7.jpg  
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 7:33 pm
She's a bird, you know

Aww, well you know I missed you too, and the position of as my P.A. is always open to you.

Now come sit on my knee while I dictate a letter.

Old Aug 3rd 2004, 7:36 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

even the locals go a bit loopy (er).

bet you feel right at home then mate!!!!!!

sue

ps glad to hear you are settling in!!!
Old Aug 8th 2004, 10:40 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Great to hear from you Loose!!

Finally someone in Darwin, bout time!

Look forward to meeting you sometime.... Keep forgetting how long you're up there for!

Well, have fun!