Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Dark Horse of the Year Award 2004.....

Dark Horse of the Year Award 2004.....

Old Jul 18th 2004, 6:14 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dark Horse of the Year Award 2004.....

.......goes to Chippy, who was greeted today with a chorus of "CHIPPY? YOU'RE CHIPPY?!!! But you don't look a bit like we imagined!"

Nice to meet you at last! I shall expect Mrs Chippy and you to both turn up for the next meeting at Gilhooleys, will let you know when we have a date.

Twas a good meet, much talking and laughing, and thanks to MrsD for organising it as usual. bit breezy, but probably much better weather than in the UK recently
Old Jul 18th 2004, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Re: Dark Horse of the Year Award 2004.....

Originally posted by Pollyana
.......goes to Chippy, who was greeted today with a chorus of "CHIPPY? YOU'RE CHIPPY?!!! But you don't look a bit like we imagined!"

Nice to meet you at last! I shall expect Mrs Chippy and you to both turn up for the next meeting at Gilhooleys, will let you know when we have a date.

Twas a good meet, much talking and laughing, and thanks to MrsD for organising it as usual. bit breezy, but probably much better weather than in the UK recently
Come on then Poll, don't keep us in suspense
What does he look like and what did you expect him to look like
Old Jul 18th 2004, 7:49 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

and when do we get to see the pics!???

sue
Old Jul 18th 2004, 7:51 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
and when do we get to see the pics!???

sue
I was just reading the Brisbane meet thread and wondered the same???
Mind you, I bet half of them are still out there
Old Jul 18th 2004, 7:51 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by wmoore
I was just reading the Brisbane meet thread and wondered the same???
Mind you, I bet half of them are still out there
Oh, and just to clarify, not just to see Chippy. I'm a happily married man you know
Old Jul 18th 2004, 8:23 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with Polly, nothing like I expected him to look like anyway .

And TBH, I dont think anyone actually took any pics this time, we didnt!
Old Jul 18th 2004, 8:58 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

No, bit short on photos I'm afraid, too busy gossiping!

As for Chippy - well, MrsD and I saw a couple that we didn't recognise, and were trying to work out who they were. Finally she asked; we just hadn't fitted name to face at all! Expected someone older, we agreed on that, and a bit neanderthal maybe, with a skull with a hinged jaw !!!!

Mrs Chippy and I decided on that spot that she could join us for our next Girls Have Too Much To Drink Night, and Chippy invited himself along too......... I reckon he'll fit in nicely, certainly give us girls something to look at while we are chatting!
Old Jul 18th 2004, 10:38 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Expectation - older, weatherbeaten, a bit loud, very rough around the edges & one of the lads.

Reality - a very young looking, clean cut & snaggy type, very well spoken & no hint of a jaw that chatters all the time .
Old Jul 18th 2004, 11:40 am
Home and Happy

Yep, thats quite an accurate description! Did chatter quite a bit though....

The Bloke says is his name Chippy or Chirpy?
Old Jul 18th 2004, 11:46 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Pollyana
Girls Have Too Much To Drink Night

What an absolutely brilliant name for an evening - wish I could come and join you for it!