Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Dare I book my flights?

Dare I book my flights?

Old Jul 12th 2004, 7:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default Dare I book my flights?

The house is sold. We have to move out on 06/08/04 and into a rented house, just for a couple of weeks.
Our Bond has been lodged and we have the certificate to prove it!!

Really want to fly on 27/08/04. Dare we book those flights??????
Old Jul 12th 2004, 7:06 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dare I book my flights?

Originally posted by sj oldfield
The house is sold. We have to move out on 06/08/04 and into a rented house, just for a couple of weeks.

GO FOR IT
Old Jul 12th 2004, 7:07 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default book em!

book it, danno!!!!
Old Jul 12th 2004, 7:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

How long does it take from lodging the bond, having an email from case officer to say they've received it from Queensland to getting the request to send passports to Australia House?
getting a bit worried now!
rach x
Old Jul 12th 2004, 7:20 pm
The Outback Beast

fogmeister is an unknown quantity at this point

Would I, WOULD I ****, Do a search on my name for "gutted", anything can happen matey!!!, unless you have exchanged and got it in black and white.
Old Jul 12th 2004, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally posted by fogmeister
Would I, WOULD I ****, Do a search on my name for "gutted", anything can happen matey!!!, unless you have exchanged and got it in black and white.

Actually you got a point there, I do recall reading your post.
Old Jul 12th 2004, 8:08 pm
Soon to be Visas holders

pete n lisa is an unknown quantity at this point

Go on Sandra, you know it make sense. Visas are taking maximum of 6 weeks to process from time bond is lodged (quoting
what our agent said). You would be flying out the day we arrive in Perth! Go for it.

Lisax
Old Jul 12th 2004, 8:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

I dare ya Sandra
Old Jul 12th 2004, 9:14 pm
The Outback Beast

fogmeister is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by debsy
I dare ya Sandra
Don't do it SANDRA!!!!!!!
Old Jul 12th 2004, 9:58 pm
Walla's bird

marie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi there,

we are in very similar situation. House completed today (we are lucky in that buyers are letting us rent back off them as they have not sold their house). Money in bank (YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, majority with Australian Commenwealth bank) however while itching to book flights still have not received pre grant letter (even though bond has been lodged)
After a major tauma with application spoke to case officer who assured me letter would be on it's way after a couple of weeks of receiving bond from assuror. It's just coming up to two weeks so keeping fingers crossed that letter/e-mail will arrive this coming week.
Got to be honest - a bit hesitant about booking as it's been such a roller coaster - a tad scared incase we book flights and there is any delays due to the 'red tape'. Bureaucracy - don't we all just love it!!!!!
Old Jul 12th 2004, 11:44 pm
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Dont book the flights, until you have the house money in your bank account. If anything can go t1ts up.........it will.
Old Jul 13th 2004, 12:42 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Don't do it.

You'd have to be insane to book flights before you get your visa.
Old Jul 13th 2004, 2:10 am
owieb

No way ho-zay!

Flying without a visa, rather you than me!

Though I suppose you could get an ETA if your visa doesn't turn up, but they are only valid for 3 months and you can't work or anything like that on them. And if your main visa doesn't get issued it's going to be tough having to leave Australia! :scared:

Old Jul 13th 2004, 4:45 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have to book flights? If you must due to availability or whatever, can you just make a deposit? We booked flights shortly before visa arrival as flying at Christmas time and only five seats were available (we needed four). Deposit was only GBP200 which I was prepared to risk.