Dams

Old Sep 10th 2009, 3:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dams

Do people swim in them? What are the risks?
Old Sep 10th 2009, 3:21 am
Forum Regular

showdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really nice
Default Re: Dams

Originally Posted by Safin
Drowning!
Old Sep 10th 2009, 3:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by showdan
Drowning!

No, seriously do they?
Old Sep 10th 2009, 3:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

They do, but it comes with risk. Leaches and soft clay that you can to get stuck in. We used to swim in them all the time as kids (without parental consent), but my cousins 3 year old drowned in my Aunt and Uncle's dam 10 years ago - very traumatic.
Old Sep 10th 2009, 3:39 am
BE Enthusiast

POW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nice

we have a dam on our place and swim in it all summer. Great for cooling off.

Barney
Old Sep 10th 2009, 3:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Its terrible each time I hear of a toddler drowning and turns my blood cold but is a (fenced) dam any worse than say a pool? Perhaps so, becuase of the clay issues you mention.

Presume leeches are just part of having still water and nothing much can be done about them?
Old Sep 10th 2009, 3:41 am
BE Forum Addict

I ask because whilst propery hunting have seen a few with dams but no pools and wondered if putting a pool in was an unnecessary duplication......
Old Sep 10th 2009, 3:44 am
Account Closed

copa is an unknown quantity at this point

Some people grow yabbies in them ...

yum.

If you don't know what a yabbie is ... it is a freshwater crayfish.
Old Sep 10th 2009, 3:53 am
BE Forum Addict

oh I know - my kids have had me pumping for little ones for bait for many a shoulder aching hour!!!!!
Old Sep 10th 2009, 4:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

oh . . . pumping for little ones for many an hour!!!!!
You make it sound like a chore!

I used to love that me!
Old Sep 10th 2009, 5:10 am
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

the big ones in WA are WaterCorps and swimming is banned. Private ones are a different matter - suppose its ok, bit like swiming in a river. Wouldnt do it if the water temp is above 30degrees regardless.
Old Sep 10th 2009, 6:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

Wildlife like the dams of the slithering variety.
Old Sep 10th 2009, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

desperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Petals
Wildlife like the dams of the slithering variety.
do you mean wildlife of the slithering variety like the dams?
Old Sep 10th 2009, 7:19 am
BE Enthusiast

James516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by desperatehousewife
do you mean wildlife of the slithering variety like the dams?
My father, knee deep in a stream on a bushwalk, within one month of first arriving in Australia:

"Oh look, an eel"

Response from locals:

"That's not an eel!"

My father, standing high jump champion.
Old Sep 10th 2009, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

desperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by James516
My father, knee deep in a stream on a bushwalk, within one month of first arriving in Australia:

"Oh look, an eel"

Response from locals:

"That's not an eel!"

My father, standing high jump champion.
We put a crab net in the lake and first check by hubby in pitch dark after a few too many tooheys resulted in him pulling up a not very happy eel/even worse slithery thing poor hubby nearly wet himself, but had to pretend all was well so he did't appear as a wimp in front of the girls!, hee, hee don't know what he'll do if we actually catch a mudcrab!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.