Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Damn, Damn and Blast!!

Damn, Damn and Blast!!

Old Dec 13th 2004, 9:15 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Damn, Damn and Blast!!

Seems as though my so-called house buyer may have done a runner - his Solicitor, Financial Advisor, and the Estate Agent have not been able to contact him for weeks, he has not responded to letters or phone messages, has not paid the Survey fee and has not arranged for a 'red ash' test as he said he would.
I was hoping to complete before I left on the 10th - not a hope in Hells' chance now - I'll be going to Aus supported by an overdraft and my Credit Card by the looks of things.

I am absolutely sick of it, first the request for repeat medicals without being given any reason whatsoever (everything was 'clear') and now this. All delays and problems that I could well do without!

Sorry for the moan folks - had to get it of my chest

Cas
Old Dec 13th 2004, 9:23 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Damn, Damn and Blast!!

House buyers

Ours disappeared for a while too. Our solicitor kept ringing us and saying "what's happening?". We said "that's your f**king job to find out!!! " Our sale took 3 months from start to finish and cost us £700 in 'inspections'. Hang in there.
Old Dec 13th 2004, 9:25 pm
Visa Granted 20 Jan 05

bert-doozer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by wmoore
House buyers

Ours disappeared for a while too. Our solicitor kept ringing us and saying "what's happening?". We said "that's your f**king job to find out!!! " Our sale took 3 months from start to finish and cost us £700 in 'inspections'. Hang in there.
Caroline,

Fingers crossed for you

Stu
Old Dec 13th 2004, 9:29 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by wmoore
House buyers

Cheers for that - just feel so near, yet so far away - as the saying goes.

Still waiting for my medicals to be finalised (again), this was just too much!

Have you got a spare sleeping bag and a cardboard box I could live in?

Cas
Old Dec 13th 2004, 9:38 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

OMG Cas I thought all was fine with the house. Do you honestly think he doesnt want it anymore? Shit that is thought that he'd paid for the survey up front.
Could you contact the estate agent and see if they could rent out the house until you could get another buyer. I know that Butters do this and look after things for you cos my friend did it when she bought another house cos her sale fell through.

I hope things work out one way or the other you dont really need any more stress right now.

Keep positive, if its meant to happen it will
Thinking of you
Ang
Old Dec 13th 2004, 9:46 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Rich and Angie
OMG Cas I thought all was fine with the house. Do you honestly think he doesnt want it anymore? Shit that is thought that he'd paid for the survey up front.
Could you contact the estate agent and see if they could rent out the house until you could get another buyer. I know that Butters do this and look after things for you cos my friend did it when she bought another house cos her sale fell through.

I hope things work out one way or the other you dont really need any more stress right now.

Keep positive, if its meant to happen it will
Thinking of you
Ang
Thanks Ang,
Now the DIMIA website is up the pole, so I cannot check my Visa application online!

Someone get me drink quick!!!

Too late, got one myself

Cas
Old Dec 13th 2004, 9:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

you need a big hug but i'm too far away... hope all works out
Old Dec 13th 2004, 10:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

ecando will become famous soon enoughecando will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Seems as though my so-called house buyer may have done a runner - his Solicitor, Financial Advisor, and the Estate Agent have not been able to contact him for weeks, he has not responded to letters or phone messages, has not paid the Survey fee and has not arranged for a 'red ash' test as he said he would.
I was hoping to complete before I left on the 10th - not a hope in Hells' chance now - I'll be going to Aus supported by an overdraft and my Credit Card by the looks of things.

I am absolutely sick of it, first the request for repeat medicals without being given any reason whatsoever (everything was 'clear') and now this. All delays and problems that I could well do without!

Cas
Oh bloody hell ... this is NOT going smooth for you is it??
If it's any consolation, the weather in Melbourne is horrible! Raining and cool.
Chin up, and don't worry ... it will all still be here!
Jez
x
Old Dec 13th 2004, 10:07 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ecando
Oh bloody hell ... this is NOT going smooth for you is it??
If it's any consolation, the weather in Melbourne is horrible! Raining and cool.
Chin up, and don't worry ... it will all still be here!
Jez
x
Order me some good weather - I'll sleep on the beach and beg for food if needs be!!

Cas
Old Dec 13th 2004, 10:13 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

What a terrible thing to happen, at this stage. It doesn't sound too hopeful but just perhaps there is a sensible explanation. Plan around it if possible, expecting the worst and secretly hoping otherwise!
Old Dec 14th 2004, 8:58 am
Account Closed

Cas
Well, as of this morning, the house is now back on the market , what do you think is the possibility that it will sell before I leave the UK - before you answer, I know the answer..............sod-all chance.
Here we go again! 3rd time lucky?? Please keep fingers etc crossed - all donations gratefully accepted.

Cas
Old Dec 14th 2004, 9:06 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Well, as of this morning, the house is now back on the market , what do you think is the possibility that it will sell before I leave the UK - before you answer, I know the answer..............sod-all chance.
Here we go again! 3rd time lucky?? Please keep fingers etc crossed - all donations gratefully accepted.

Cas

go get a lottery ticket cas, it couldnt possibly get any worse!!!

sending you cyber hugs and crossing things for you!!

Sue
Old Dec 14th 2004, 9:20 am
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all

All these things could be happening cos:

(a) DIMIA are checking to see if you're really serious;
(b) God's getting his own back for past misdemeanors;
(c) it's a test to see if you're tough enough to be an Aussie;
(d) you've applied for the wrong State (state of what is another question!)
OR
(e) all of the above.

Keep pluggin' away, Cas. If you can get thru this, you'll be one of 'us'!

Old Dec 14th 2004, 9:30 am
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: Damn, Damn and Blast!!

OMG - stories like this reinforce my decision to rent our house out and defer selling. I really feel for you. My last house sale involved five different solicitors none of whom talked to each other and it sat empty for six months after we had moved so we had the cost of mortgage and rent for that time. Should have rented it shouldn't I!!!
Good luck, I hope a chain free, money in back pocket buyer comes your way soon.
Old Dec 14th 2004, 9:32 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Cas

Cas,

Sorry to hear that you are also going through what we have been through. We had a buyer that was due to settle back in August and she pulled out just 3 weeks before completion and 5 weeks before we had booked our flights to leave. We then had a second buyer who fart-assed around until we had arrived in Australia then decided to lower his offer by a rediculous amount and we told him to f-off....

Finally, our third buyers went right through the process and the cheeky buggers turned around and said that because they had been charged by the banks a fee of 7k because they took their money out of their investment account 2 yrs early, they wanted to reduce their offer by 7k ???????????

This is our problem why????

Anyway, we beat them back up but we still took a loss of 2k just because we have no fight left in us anymore....

They sign the papers this week...........hopefully!!!

Good luck with getting your house sold hon.....

Hels

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.