dalyellup

Old Aug 25th 2005, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

sara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the rough
Default dalyellup

Can any one tell me what dalyellup is like ... we are looking south of perth but not sure on area .. want nice area with good schools .. just pin pointed this on the map .. had a look on the net .. but would like to know if there is anyone out there that knows the area .. if not any areas u could recommend ..
Old Aug 25th 2005, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

woody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant future
Default Re: dalyellup

My brotherlives in Australind which is just north of Bunbury. We went out there just over 2 years ago and that is where we are trying to get to. It is very clean and on the outskirts. The house prices don't look too bad either.

Debs
Old Aug 25th 2005, 10:51 pm
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sara-anthony3108
Can any one tell me what dalyellup is like ... we are looking south of perth but not sure on area .. want nice area with good schools .. just pin pointed this on the map .. had a look on the net .. but would like to know if there is anyone out there that knows the area .. if not any areas u could recommend ..

Dalyellup is beautiful, though still developing, they've built their few first stages of houses, deli and primary school, the rest is being built shortly, planning on small shopping centre etc.

House prices higher than Bunbury but their value seems more than Bunbury as well. Most houses are within 5 min walk from the beach or park, well worth having a look of that area.

About 10km from centre of Bunbury, on the highway it takes 5+ mins and you're at the shopping centres.
Got my brother in law with his family living there, absolutely loving it and if I'd have to move back to Bunbury way ever, that would be my number one choice for an area to look at.
Hope this helps...
Teza
Old Aug 26th 2005, 12:00 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sara-anthony3108
Hi there, guess who lives in Dalyellup, ME .
It is absolutely beautiful here, very family orientated, family events going on all the time, cricket team, soccer , hocky .surf club, we have a community centre, docters, chemist , florist, deli, i could go on forever, lovely clean parks everywhere. and well the beach is just amazing and goes on forever, oh i forgot to say the school is fantastic.
We are building here, so we are renting at the moment,
DALYELLUP, A VILLAGE IN THE FOREST BY THE SEA.
Old Aug 26th 2005, 1:13 am
BE Enthusiast

pootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant future

DALYELLUP, A VILLAGE IN THE FOREST BY THE SEA

thats so funny
as i saw this message i started singing the song

"its a beautiful life, in a village, in a forest by the sea!!!!"

the kids are forever singing it!!

i have no idea what its like tho - looks really nice in the adverts on the tv tho!

pootle26
Old Aug 26th 2005, 1:17 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pootle26
DALYELLUP, A VILLAGE IN THE FOREST BY THE SEA

thats so funny
as i saw this message i started singing the song

"its a beautiful life, in a village, in a forest by the sea!!!!"

the kids are forever singing it!!

i have no idea what its like tho - looks really nice in the adverts on the tv tho!

pootle26
WAS THAT A TOUCH OF SARCASM.
it is just how it sounds, so the next time you go past this way, dont forget to pop into Dalyellup, see for yourself, maybe you could let us know the song, then we can have our own song as well.
If you do come here though, be sure to pop in for a cup of t and a cake. Denise
Old Aug 26th 2005, 1:21 am
BE Enthusiast

pootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant future

no

i was saying it looks really nice

we have an advert on the tv here -advertising dalyellup that has a song quoting the words i said -
it is a very catchy tune hence the kids keep singing it

the actual area looks nice but i havent been there so i can only say about what i saw on the tv

hope that clears it up
pootle 26

Last edited by pootle26; Aug 26th 2005 at 1:29 am.
Old Aug 26th 2005, 4:27 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Ha, how funny!

I hadn't heard of Dalyellup until last week(even though I know Bunbury quite well, and lived in Bridgetown for 4 years).
Then my parents bought a house in Gelorup last week!
Gelorup is sort of across the road from Dalyellup I believe. It's all a bit older, and biggish bush blocks.
My parents have bought an acre(4000 m2) there, looking onto a brook(will be dry in summer, with a small house (2 bedrooms!! but room to build) for about 300,000. Other houses in the area start at 400,000, and most are quite a bit more. Needless to say they got in quick!!!
I'm still talking about Gelorup btw
I know there's no shops around, just a community hall thing.

I know that Bunbury Grammar School is just a few km's above it(that's where a lot of Bridgetown kids went for year 11 and 12).
And then about 9km's in Bunbury centre.

We're actually going down south this weekend, and checking out my parents new place(well.....morgage hasn't been approved just yet! ) on Sunday, and look around the area. I'll drive through Dalyellup too, check out the beach.

My mum's just got a job as nurse in a nursing home in Bunbury (well, nursing assistant, she still has to get here nursing registration sorted(they've only been here 3 weeks)).
Dad got a job as a carpenter while he sorts out his building license(he did have one 9 years ago, but has to do tests again), and then he'll start for himself.
My brother(21) wants to get a job in IT, before he continues with his uni studies in Bunbury from February. I don't think he's going to find something easily though... especially with no official work experience, and not even Aussie work experience.....

Anyway, bump this thread back up Monday, and I might be able to tell you more about the area.

We'd live in the area ourselves, but Pascal is a graphic designer, so not much chance of a (good) job in Bunbury, and he doesn't want to leave his job anyway...
I'm looking forward to being able to stay with my parents though, when dad adds a few more rooms to the house!
Old Aug 26th 2005, 4:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

Personally we preferred Dunsborough, and felt that Dalyellup was a bit too big an estate for us. However, Bunbury Cathedral Grammar is an excellent school so that's a great benefit.

Geographe Bay/Eagle Bay/Bunker Bay...............heaven!! Still thinking of moving back that way at some point.
Old Aug 26th 2005, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

sara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the rough

thanks for the great info .. will def be checking it out when we get there ..
Old Aug 28th 2005, 10:51 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Well, as I said, was in the area today.

Yep, it's right across the road(Bussel Hwy) from Gelorup.

Completly new 'suburb', just like any other new suburb in Perth. All flattened out, all trees gone, and then divided into little blocks!
You might as well live in Perth! Especially if your career prospects are better in Perth!

Anyway, it's still a nice spot of course, very close to the beach, and 10km's to Bunbury, where all the shops are.(I only saw a deli in Dalyellup).
And much closer to the rest of the south west.

I'm glad my parents bought something over the road though, they've got a whole acre, for probably about the same price as those little blocks in Dalyellup!