Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Daily Mail- moving to Oz article

Wikiposts

Daily Mail- moving to Oz article

Old Jan 24th 2003, 4:59 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of
Default Daily Mail- moving to Oz article

Has anyone read the article in the mail today on moving to Oz?
Quite interesting, nothing new but good for a read.
Compares house prices, wages and lifestyles.
It has brought all the reasons back to me as to why I want to move there.

At the moment I watch, read and breath any article I see with Australia in it!! Am I the only one?
Old Jan 24th 2003, 5:23 am
BE Enthusiast

jajpe is an unknown quantity at this point

Tinaj, i am the same about anything NZ. in fact sometimes i feel it is turning into an obsession!!

do you know if the daily mail is doing anything similar on NZ?
Old Jan 24th 2003, 5:27 am
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Daily Mail- moving to Oz article

I forgot to buy it, any chance of scanning it in and attaching it?

I listened to the first bit of the Radio 2 stuff on UK house prices, and we think we will put house on market immediately visa comes (hopefully soon)...I have therefore been the ultimate 'house doctor' today!

Mash...

Originally posted by tinaj

At the moment I watch, read and breath any article I see with Australia in it!! Am I the only one?
Old Jan 24th 2003, 6:58 am
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold

No,you're not nuts. It's Friday night, and I'm just about to go out and buy the mail after reading your post. Unless that makes me nuts too........does it?
Old Jan 24th 2003, 7:20 am
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, tomorrow morning will do, thanks !!
Mash...

Originally posted by Wanderlust
No,you're not nuts. It's Friday night, and I'm just about to go out and buy the mail after reading your post. Unless that makes me nuts too........does it?
Old Jan 24th 2003, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

springflower will become famous soon enough

Hi
Another nutty person here too.. i dont normally buy a paper but because i read it on here yesterday i made a point of buying it this morning. Cant wait to see the tv programmes that will be showing australia either.

Keeps us all going though
Old Jan 24th 2003, 7:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

You have all put my mind to rest, at least I am not the only obsessed person out there!
Hopefully the more we all find out while we are here, will only help us when we do arrive.

Hope you all managed to get a copy, I nearly forgot and had to drive down to the station as well.
I will see if we can scan it and attach, but I have a feeling our scanner may be a bit temperamental at the moment.

Keep researching!
Old Jan 24th 2003, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

fuzion is an unknown quantity at this point

I tried three places last night to get a copy of the mail and couldnt get one anywhere, I would really love to read the article, could anyone please scan and attach/link to it, thx
Old Jan 24th 2003, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

nick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud of

Mash, it may be a bit bit to scan.

If you want i can send you a copy in the post if you let me have a contact address.

Regards,

Lloyd

Originally posted by mashiraz
I forgot to buy it, any chance of scanning it in and attaching it?

I listened to the first bit of the Radio 2 stuff on UK house prices, and we think we will put house on market immediately visa comes (hopefully soon)...I have therefore been the ultimate 'house doctor' today!

Mash...
Old Jan 24th 2003, 8:57 pm

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

Originally posted by fuzion
I tried three places last night to get a copy of the mail and couldnt get one anywhere, I would really love to read the article, could anyone please scan and attach/link to it, thx

Here are the websites listed in the article.

www.reiaustralia.com.au Real Estate institute of OZ.

www.realestate.com.au

www.realestatecentre.co.au

www.iproperty.com.au

www.raywhite.com.au

www.mcolbrett.com.au

www.mortgagechoice.com.au

www.firb.gov.au Foreign Investment Review Board

www.specreloc.com.au Relocating company

www.detya.gov.au Schools DB

www.ais.act.edu.au Independant Schools Website

www.ecis.org
wwwisaschools.org International Schools

www.jobsearch.com.au

www.expatnetwork.com.au

That's it. Hope these are helpful.

Regards,

Cinderella
Old Jan 24th 2003, 10:59 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by tinaj

I'm pissed off they have stopped showing Rex Hunt on Sky. I always watch him, and Les Hiddins (Bush Tucker Man).

They used to show the Aussie Rules too on Channel 4. I enjoy Friday Night Footie when I'm in Australia. Can't wait to take the boy to Subiaco oval to see the West Coast Eagles.

What ever happened to Hey Hey it's Saturday?

Dan
Old Jan 24th 2003, 11:04 pm
plumber39

SAD VERY SAD !

Old Jan 24th 2003, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

Marlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant future

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tinaj

HI Tinja, I have been thinking about Oz morning, noon and night for the past year and I don`t care if it`s sad. I have a friend on here (Poggle - Kaff), who is off to Melbourne on the 31st Jan`, we hope to be following them out later in the year. We feel if we don`t at least look at Oz then we`ll always be wondering what if and lifes to short for that, it may not have worked out for some on here but for many it has. I don`t think you`re sad but who cares what others think anyway!!

All the best

Old Jan 24th 2003, 11:46 pm
plumber39

On about Rex Hunt ,don,t get paranoid !

Old Jan 25th 2003, 12:16 am
Just Joined

pozzie is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool daily mail article

The Mail article was reported here as a bit off the beam....
Lots of Pomme here have cable and spent their time watching two year old episodes of Corro and Eastenders.
I'll wait and see if they print it in next week's Aus weekly version of the Mail.

Meanwhile pass the salt!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.