Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

daft radio ad i just heard...

daft radio ad i just heard...

Old Jun 5th 2007, 4:19 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute
Default daft radio ad i just heard...

Oh dear! There’s a radio ad running at the moment that goes something like this:

Airport dude: g’day sir, welcome to Australia, can I see your passport?

Idiot: certainly!

Airport dude: and your visa?

Confused idiot: er, um, er….visa????

Soothing voiceover lady: if you want to immigrate to Australia, you’ll need a visa…etc etc.

DUH!!! Seriously, who comes up with these commercials?!
Old Jun 5th 2007, 4:38 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: daft radio ad i just heard...

Originally Posted by RedT
Oh dear! There’s a radio ad running at the moment that goes something like this:

Soothing voiceover lady: if you want to immigrate to Australia, you’ll need a visa…etc etc.

Don't laugh, it happens! I went to Istanbul last week, and purchased my visa on arrival (just before walking on to passport control).

I was just in time to witness the good folks at passport control politely informing no less than half a dozen people (most of them Poms who had arrived on my flight) that they would need to purchase a visa before entering the country.

So back they trudged, to the desk with the big sign saying "VISA" in letters too large to be ignored...

I was still kicking myself, though; if I'd travelled on my Aussie passport (instead of my UK passport) I wouldn't have needed to buy a visa at all.

Last edited by Vash the Stampede; Jun 5th 2007 at 4:40 pm.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 4:51 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: daft radio ad i just heard...

LOL!

But in fairness, I think if you were emigrating to Australia it would dawn on you before you arrived at Immigration that you might need a visa?!

Old Jun 5th 2007, 5:59 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: daft radio ad i just heard...

LOL!

But in fairness, I think if you were emigrating to Australia it would dawn on you before you arrived at Immigration that you might need a visa?!

Well yes, you have a pretty good point there!
Old Jun 6th 2007, 10:59 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Someone who gets paid alot of money......
Old Jun 6th 2007, 11:12 am
not sure...

quite! And here's me slogging away over a hot computer for what I'm sure is a lot less! bastards....
Old Jun 6th 2007, 11:42 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

I once flew on business from Oz to NZ. It only occurred to me during the flight that I might just possibly need a visa to get in. I think there's something of an assumption on behlaf of Poms that the colonies are bound to accept you.

Fortunately the nice lady at immigration provided me with one as I sheepishly passed through...
Old Jun 6th 2007, 11:51 am
not sure...

HAHA! well, I'm Irish so clearly very clever and would know in advance that one would need a visa

Although of course being Irish everyone loves us so maybe we're LESS likely to need a visa??!

I'm going to go now before I get in trouble....