Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A daft question for the guys...

A daft question for the guys...

Old Dec 20th 2003, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute
Default A daft question for the guys...

Right then... just as I'm about to get ready for Blim's work's Christmas do, I'm debating whether to push the boat out and get some false nails... after all, they'll all be lined up, ready to judge "The missus" and I haven't met any of them before. I'm got me new outfit and all... but the question is...
Do blokes really give a darn about nails?
I mean, you can spend getting on for £30.00 just for some acrylic thingummys... have the female species lost it in an effort to look good, or is it worth it?
Larissa
Sensible answers please...
Old Dec 20th 2003, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A daft question for the guys...

Originally posted by Larissa
Right then... just as I'm about to get ready for Blim's work's Christmas do, I'm debating whether to push the boat out and get some false nails... after all, they'll all be lined up, ready to judge "The missus" and I haven't met any of them before. I'm got me new outfit and all... but the question is...
I mean, you can spend getting on for £30.00 just for some acrylic thingummys... have the female species lost it in an effort to look good, or is it worth it?
Larissa
and yes, I am bored!!!
Old Dec 20th 2003, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

Kenand Nel is an unknown quantity at this point

Larissa,

Nails are very important to me... but only selecting the right ones to keep the fence up etc. As long as they are clean and not bitten to the stumps 90% of guys do not notice or care, the other 10% would want to swap varnish with you......

Ken
Old Dec 20th 2003, 10:50 am
Badge

nice to be, er, raked a tad, but the false ones never look right, I reckon.

at least with false ones, you can take out your contact lenses..

Old Dec 20th 2003, 10:54 am
WBB

after all, they'll all be lined up, ready to judge "The missus" and I haven't met any of them before. I'm got me new outfit and all... but the question is...

Larissa

i would answer this thread but you specifically asked for sensible answers only.......so i wont.

Old Dec 20th 2003, 11:10 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Some female experience: I had enough trouble taking out my contact lenses, without gauging out my eyes, after a long evening of boozing.

But that was not as bad as a friend whose long nails caused so much of a problem on a night out, that she needed assistance from her husband to go to the toilet :scared:

So maybe you should ask your other half or have a good friend to help you out should you encounter such problems at your Xmas do
Old Dec 20th 2003, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

jwatsonoz will become famous soon enough

my opinion is that when women dress to impress....they tend to do so to look good to other women (nothing to do with lez...etc).

you find more women looking each other up and down (comparing) than men looking at women.

So....yes nails would probably be noticed.....and if its a one off...who gives a toss about 40 quid.
Old Dec 20th 2003, 11:19 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

you took the words out of my mouth!

Men dont notice things like that (unless they are a bit suspect in my opinion) Its other WOMEN!!... and seeing as i really dont give a rats arse what other women think of me i wouldnt bother!!... but i guess if you wanna do yourself proud Larissa..you go for it...

I remember being completely daft a few years back and spent 160 quid on blue contact lenses, just so my old dad could wash them down the sink when i stored them in a plastic cup coz i came home drunk and couldnt find the proper case!!!... i chewed his ear for days after!
Old Dec 20th 2003, 12:05 pm
Badge

I found myself in outback NSW without nail clippers - after just over a week, it was getting painful to take out my lenses..

BM

Old Dec 20th 2003, 12:47 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by badgersmount
I found myself in outback NSW without nail clippers - after just over a week, it was getting painful to take out my lenses..

BM
Got no teeth to bite 'em with then?

or is taking out your lenses with your toes your party trick?
Old Dec 20th 2003, 1:08 pm
Badge

nah, don't do that.

Old Dec 20th 2003, 1:12 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

.....created a bit of an image in my mind!!!!!!
Old Dec 20th 2003, 1:17 pm
Have only gone and GOT IT

Bed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the rough

Larissa

mmm as WBB wont answer i guess i will have 2.... Nails no forget it dont look and i tell u what Possum is right dodgey geezas who look at nails anyway from my experiance the bonding agent ruinins your natural nails

Run down from a boys point of view.

1 Chest area!
2 Face area
3 Buttock area
4 voice area ie not somthing sounding like sharon or trace.
5 if they qualify on these then ya should be Ok.

Good luck 2night works doos are the worst unless u fancy the boss.
Old Dec 20th 2003, 1:18 pm
Seriously Senior Member

Blim is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by artep
.....created a bit of an image in my mind!!!!!!
Well, my SIL has put me right off.... they file your nails right down, they're a pain in the backside and you have to maintain them regularly and they stuff your real nails up!
Looks like it will be just plain old lippy and nail varnish for me tonight!

Larissa
Old Dec 20th 2003, 1:18 pm
Have only gone and GOT IT

Bed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the rough

Oh and they aint my nails WBB!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.